Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Service Monkey

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Priority Platinum, National Executive
Service Monkey

I just couldn't pass this little tidbit up...

While purusing the TSA website, I stumbled upon the section on service animals. Low and behold, my eye caught sight of "Service Monkey" and my keyboard subsequently became covered in spewed diet Coke!

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...al_1056.shtm#2

Yep, Service Monkeys are allowed onboard the aircraft! My mind immediately recalled the Clint Eastwood co-star in "Any Which Way But Loose".... "Right Turn Clyde!"

Or, the extensively internet distributed Suburban Auto "Trunk Monkey" commercials.

Let's see -- could we train a Service Monkey to interact with the TSO "Blue Shirts"? It dosen't state a size or species limitation on the Service Monkey -- so an Orangutan should be acceptable. I can just just see it now "Sensitive Area Clyde!", during the grope session...when they decide his diaper needs further screening! ^

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/60685/...ale_orangutan/

Last edited by 10mmAutoFan; Dec 3, 2011 at 9:23 pm
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:28 pm
KCK

What do you mean it doesn't mention a species limitation. It only refers to MONKEYS. Not orangutans, not chimpanzees, not gorillas, or any other ape.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:07 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The inspection process may require that the handler to take off the monkey’s diaper as part of the visual inspection.

Service Monkey Terrorists. It's discrimination, they say they will touch the dogs, but won't touch a monkey (but will strip them)

Wikipedia actually has a picture of the TSA inspecting a monkey, for some reason they took it off the monkey page on the TSA site

Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Priority Platinum, National Executive
Originally Posted by KCK
What do you mean it doesn't mention a species limitation. It only refers to MONKEYS. Not orangutans, not chimpanzees, not gorillas, or any other ape.

OK, then we'll go with the largest MONKEY -- the Mandrill...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandrill

Look quite fierce to me...
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:57 pm

TSA didn't know how to handle this one, how do you think they can handle a mean monkey?

TSA must search wild cat crate

I'm a big fan of Big Cat Rescue, which is a wild cat sanctuary in Tampa for cats that cannot live in the wild but should not be privately owned. In this video, they are transporting a bobcat from CT to Tampa. SWA was nice and donated 3 seats after the other airlines wouldn't let the cat on board.

The TSA wanted the BCR worker to remove the cat from the carrier in the middle of the airport so they could search the carrier for contraband. Doesn't this seem ridiculous? Did they think she was engaged in a plot to bring something on board the plane by using the cat? They eventually gave her a room to remove the cat and searched in the crate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.