Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USa Today - TSA PSA's on your hotel TV

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
You mean other than the adult movies?
Isn't that what free high-speed internet is for?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 11:21 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
I'm vacationing right now in San Diego and at first I thought the announcement was a Saturday Night Live Skit...but no then I realized it was on the "hotel" channel...

Wow Homeland Security makes me laugh!
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DL_TIDE
USA Department of Homeland Security PSA

Hilton has been identified as a member of this effort.

I deal with DHS/TSA at the airport on a routine basis and DO NOT want to see this group's self-serving propaganda whenever I turn on the TV or during any other activities during my stay

Hilton: Please abstain.
Stayed at the Doubletree MKE Downtown last week-of the 3 times the tv was turned on, only saw the PSA once &, thankfully, was able to immediately change the channel w/o having to watch much of it.

Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Saw this a few times while staying at an Intercontinental in LA (ICH). Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Could have been a lot worse, in regards to production and presentation.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
No flying this month so I figure, no TSA .... Couldn't believe this until I saw & heard it in person, piped in via LodgeNet - while we're checked into this premier 5 star luxury resort in the Northeast over the weekend, part of the elite worldwide Preferred Hotels & Resorts group. Only noticed it this time while I turned on the HDTV to hookup my HDMI cable to stream video, and the PSA began to play, LOL.

"If you see something ....." as the video run, oh dear.

Yeah, sure - I look down from the 20th. floor into valet parking and I see 2 lines of "unattended" vehicles waiting to be driven into the basement garage while the attendants are busy - and lots of suspicious items, luggages ....
Old Dec 12, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by Letitride3c
Yeah, sure - I look down from the 20th. floor into valet parking and I see 2 lines of "unattended" vehicles waiting to be driven into the basement garage while the attendants are busy - and lots of suspicious items, luggages ....
Vehicles?!?! and luggage?!?! at a hotel?!?!?!? Golly, I sure hope you "said something"!!!
Old Dec 13, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Vehicles?!?! and luggage?!?! at a hotel?!?!?!? Golly, I sure hope you "said something"!!!
Yeah, it was 3 a.m. and I could've anonymously call in a suspicion of possible CBNRE with unattended, untagged, un-inspected luggages next to unoccupied vehicles with out of state license plates, etc. to the "local authorities" - since the closest state police barrack with likely jurisdiction is only 5 and 10 minutes away to see their code response.

Then, I figured, nah, if something does happened, hotel security have access to and were checking vehicle drivers' "reported" last name against a computerized list of guests with booked reservations (but no government "valid" photo ID match & checks done) and since the place is heavy on cameras, let them worry about it. Afterall, I wasn't thrilled about a possilbe lockdown or worse, a vertical evacuation down the fire stairs, sirens going off & emergency lightening illuminating the escape and ruining my sleep & that of other guests.

Last edited by Letitride3c; Dec 13, 2011 at 9:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.