Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by TXagogo
I agree.
+ 1 ^
Old Jan 24, 2011, 11:56 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Whether you love or hate Ventura, I am very, very happy that this is going through the courts.

I want the TSA and DHS to have to give testimony stating that feeling up crothes, buttocks and breasts is not intrusive and only "minimally invasive" if only to see the biggest collective in history.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Link on Drudge.

THE BODY: Ventura Strikes Back with Lawsuit Against TSA...
'Offensive Touching, Gripping, Rubbing Of Genitals'...
Video...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/0...ans-pat-downs/
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: AAPLT, RR Alist
Seems like the comments on one article (at least) are running more for Ventura's stance, rather than the "AFS" outlook, which is unfortunately the case on the message board for the 'people who fly once a year.'

Last edited by AUS2008; Jan 25, 2011 at 1:13 pm Reason: decreased snarkiness
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: US Silver, HHonors Silver
I'm glad someone with a pretty high profile has taken this up and taken it to court. Best of luck to Jesse Ventura and hopefully he is as tenacious with this as he has been with other subjects and doesn't let it go until it gets resolved. He has the resources to make things happen.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I am worried this speeds the action of creating a special program for govt. officials. It smells a little of DYKWIA.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AA, WN
I agree with Jesse Ventura. Why did the TSA stop using wands and instead adopt pat-downs? Why can't someone develop a state of the art wand? I support anything non-invasive.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:07 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Vitaforce
Why did the TSA stop using wands and instead adopt pat-downs?
Frisks or gropes. Calling what the TSA has been doing a "pat-down" is disingenuous at best, and an outright misrepresentation or lie at worst.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by tkey75
I am worried this speeds the action of creating a special program for govt. officials.
How so? Ventura left public office 8 years ago to return to life in entertainment:

Originally Posted by NY Post
According to the papers filed in US federal court in Minnesota, Ventura, who has a titanium hip implant after undergoing surgery in 2008, must travel frequently for his job as a television personality and as a result is routinely forced to submit to enhanced screening measures that “meet the definition of unlawful sexual assault.”
Old Jan 25, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
While I'll confess a certain level of admiration for the breath of fresh air (even though well cloaked with self-promotion) Jesse brought to Minnesota's State House, I'd be willing to place a wager that his lawsuit, no matter how tenaciously pursued and aggrandized by media hype, Jesse attracting media frenzy at about the same rate that ants pursue spilled syrup, will end up in File #13 (the round one under the desk). Just as most of his short-lived investigations of popular conspiracies turned out to be more voracious than veracious, he's picked an even less likely to be successful target for his wrath this time around.

I suspect that a federal judge is likely (after rolling up his britches a couple of turns to keep them out of the BS) to make short work of this less than noble effort.

Jesse's a perfect subject for cable TV. After all, in a week bookended by "professional" wrestling, we need something midweek of equivalent credibility. Vince McMahon may have a better tailor but less dress sense than Jesse, but the two of them occupy equivalent niches in my Pantheon of "maxi-narcissists" whose most familiar facial expressions owe much to the late and unlamented il Duce and whose pronouncements resemble those of a traveling carnival barker.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: Independent Libertarian
JESSE

It is useless for Jesse to go thru a scanner as he will always have an anomoly due to hip replacement. He will always be subject to Gropes & Feelups so its easy to understand how he and THOUSANDS of other people in similar conditions feel about tsa. IF tsa cared at all they would do something to help these people.
The so called "Medical Cards" don't prevent Groping.

I would think a Class Action lawsuit by every flyer with a prosthesis or joint replacement would give more strength to his case. He should consider advertising for others with medical issues to join his suit. THOUSANDS MORE!

Last edited by bajajoes; Jan 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm Reason: More info
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Great news. It's always nice to have a well-financed plaintiff when fighting the government and he will get headlines which is even more important.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by TMOliver
While I'll confess a certain level of admiration for the breath of fresh air (even though well cloaked with self-promotion) Jesse brought to Minnesota's State House, I'd be willing to place a wager that his lawsuit, no matter how tenaciously pursued and aggrandized by media hype, Jesse attracting media frenzy at about the same rate that ants pursue spilled syrup, will end up in File #13 (the round one under the desk). Just as most of his short-lived investigations of popular conspiracies turned out to be more voracious than veracious, he's picked an even less likely to be successful target for his wrath this time around.

I suspect that a federal judge is likely (after rolling up his britches a couple of turns to keep them out of the BS) to make short work of this less than noble effort.

Jesse's a perfect subject for cable TV. After all, in a week bookended by "professional" wrestling, we need something midweek of equivalent credibility. Vince McMahon may have a better tailor but less dress sense than Jesse, but the two of them occupy equivalent niches in my Pantheon of "maxi-narcissists" whose most familiar facial expressions owe much to the late and unlamented il Duce and whose pronouncements resemble those of a traveling carnival barker.
What does any of this have to do with the essence of the complaint? which is that this man has his privates groped every time he goes to the airport. There are tens of thousands of people in the same boat.

Hat's off to him, who can afford to take this to court with a good lawyer. Let the judge make short work of him then. Keep up the pressure. If not with that judge, then with some other, or in some other district. Couple this with PR about these poor people being treated in this way and thrown to the curb by the federal judges.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:16 pm

Watching The View this morning, the five co-hosts ran the piece and then went into their "Anything for safety" mantra again.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
I give credit to The Body but he is doing it for his own personal reasons. He justifies his lawsuit by stating he was a public servant, an armed forces veteran, etc, and therefore should be excempt from invasive screening.

Well Gov, if you are so into saving us all from gov't conspiracy (okay, I admit, I've never seen his show) then why not make the suit for everyone?

Maybe demand in your lawsuit that we all should have the opportunity to go through a check like GE to expedite the security process and save those of us who qualify from unnecessary sexual harrassment and radiation.

Oh, and to bolster your credibility, lose the ponytail. Amazing you didn't have your current "look" when you were running for governor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.