Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jesse "The Body" Ventura sues DHS, TSA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
There is nothing in that article stating the Federal District Court is retaining jurisdiction over the matter and not taking the position of the TSA that it should be in the appeals court. This appears to have just been the argument over that matter with no decision yet by the court.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Too bad...

Judge tosses Jesse Ventura's airport scans lawsuit
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:42 pm

Programs: Former UA 1P
Originally Posted by Fredd
According to the article the court said it did not have jurisdiction.

My memory is fuzzy, but it seems a lot of these cases are thrown out on these grounds. Is this another case of someone believing the case should have started in an appeals court? If some place other than the federal district court was the right place to start, then why do the attorneys for these plaintiffs keep filing elsewhere? IANAL (definitely), but the whole think smacks of courts looking for any and every excuse to avoid ruling on TSA matters.

IMO it seems a court doesn't want to risk the embarrassment of giving a "soft on security" ruling that lets a terrorist get buy, but also doesn't want to go down in history as the court that destroyed civil liberties in the USA. So like much of the rest of government, they punt.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:24 pm

“They said they don’t have jurisdiction,” Ventura told reporters. “Well my question is if the federal courts don’t have jurisdiction over a constitutional question then who the hell does?”

A further detail that Ventura revealed on the Alex Jones Show which has not been picked up by mainstream media reports is the fact that Ventura’s lawyer was told he could not even look at the ruling due to “national security” concerns.

Speaking to the Alex Jones Show today, Ventura spoke of his fury about how an American citizen was not even allowed to go to court to defend the Bill of Rights, adding that from now on he would refer to the U.S. as the “Fascist States of America” and would refuse to stand for the national anthem.
Referring to 9/11, Ventura questioned the reasoning behind the whole war on terror. “George Bush said we were attacked because they were jealous of our freedoms. So we take away our freedoms so they won’t be jealous anymore?” he said. “I think they’re winning.”
http://www.infowars.com/ventura-decr...sses-tsa-case/

Sounds like a giant crock of steaming crap to me. Wouldn't even release their ruling for the plaintiff due to "national security" concerns? If true, this is PURE totalitarianism. We cannot even use the courts to petition the government for a redress of grievances because we don't have standing and they don't have jurisdiction.

Last edited by Pete838; Nov 4, 2011 at 5:47 pm
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: SSSSS
He says he wants to run for President if that's what it takes to get his day in court.

I'd vote for him, if he ends the tyranny of the TSA/DHS. Ya! You becha I would.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by greentips
He says he wants to run for President if that's what it takes to get his day in court.

I'd vote for him, if he ends the tyranny of the TSA/DHS. Ya! You becha I would.
^^^
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:44 pm

When your attorney is not even allowed to view the ruling, you know this country is *&%#&%!

And Ventura is right....if a federal court says it doesn't have jurisdiction to rule on a constitutional question, then we are doubly (*&$**$&%!

Fascist States of America sounds about right.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:17 am

I think that he is still looking for that second 15 minutes of fame. Perhaps he can get a gig with the WWE, nobody will remember him.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by Pete838
Sounds like a giant crock of steaming crap to me. Wouldn't even release their ruling for the plaintiff due to "national security" concerns? If true, this is PURE totalitarianism. We cannot even use the courts to petition the government for a redress of grievances because we don't have standing and they don't have jurisdiction.
If only the OWS people could focus on a single thing such as the TSA.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by bluenotesro
When your attorney is not even allowed to view the ruling, you know this country is *&%#&%!

And Ventura is right....if a federal court says it doesn't have jurisdiction to rule on a constitutional question, then we are doubly (*&$**$&%!
The implications are unsettling. Are we to fear what the government is secretly protecting us all from, or fear the government itself? I don't share Ventura's over-the-top reaction, but I understand it.

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
If only the OWS people could focus on a single thing such as the TSA.
The anarchists who seem to be rioting largely in favor of more government - certainly more benefits to be doled out by government? Hardly.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Fredd
The anarchists who seem to be rioting largely in favor of more government - certainly more benefits to be doled out by government? Hardly.
We truly are in a parallel universe when anarchists are demanding more government
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by tsadude1
I think that he is still looking for that second 15 minutes of fame. Perhaps he can get a gig with the WWE, nobody will remember him.
no, I think he's just a former US Navy Seal and former governor of the great state of Minnesota with a sense of dignity and knowledge of the Constitution who doesn't want his testicles felt and butt massaged every time he gets on an aircraft, as the penalty for having a hip replacement.

He considers the point of his service to avoid just this type of behavior from our government. Obviously considered it a wasted effort, thanks to the TSA gropers.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:37 am

Does anyone else find it disturbing that when someone advocates for liberty in the political arena they are dismissed as crazy kooks? The only politicians that get any traction are the ones advocating for more, bigger government that interfere in our lives evermore.

The two that come to mind are Ron Paul and Ventura, both of which have been elected to public office, but are labeled as 'unelectable'.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 12:51 am

I'd say when people are labeled "anarchists" despite wishing less freedom for bankers, then maybe it would be intelligent to question the label. I'm sure they oppose the massive corporations that get bailouts, but how is that "anarchist"? Do people even know what the history of anarchism is? Kropotkin wanted workers to rule the companies where they worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.