Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ACLU quesitioning enhanced patdowns

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by N965VJ
They work fine at the CN Tower in YYZ, so the initial technical shortcoming is not something that was insurmountable. However, Michael Chertoff has no financial stake in companies that manufacture ETP machines. Not so with Rapiscan and the Nude-O-Scopes.
+1

We spent $36 million of the puffers, only to have them put into storage. We've spent almost 90$ million on the NoS's, but TSOs are still patting down pax after they exit the NoS. Now, TSA is doing "enhanced" patdowns. Why don't they just admit the NoS program is a cluster .... , and can the machines? It's clear that they don't do anything..

Sounds like some real grumblings on the new pat down methods! I hope that the continued press changes the "new layer of security"
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: EB*G, UA ex1K
Originally Posted by debua1k
So, since I live in LAS and travel for work nearly every week, and cannot remove shoes, have had skin cancer already, and travel with a CPAP, I would guess that I am going to get this enhanced groping.

Can any females report if they have experienced this at the entrance to the "D" gates? How invasive is it?

When I call for a LEO due to the groping of my "private area", what is the likely outcome?

I am ABSOLUTELY not going to just follow quietly. The only time someone is allowed to touch me there is if they buy me dinner or if they are a medical doctor.

As a rape survivor this will simply be not acceptable! The back of the hand is already tramatic enough! If some wanna be cop tries to grab me, I will probably come unglued.

Needless to say, I am very nervous about this...
I have similar feelings. Having to travel in the US makes me feel panicked and sick for days before.

I wear two pairs of thickly padded bike shorts: one is my normal size, worn the normal way; the other is one size larger and I wear it back to front, so that my front side is protected as well. A pair of knee-length capri pants with a drawstring waist (tied as tight as I can) to protect against reaching from the top. Below-the-knee A-line skirt over that.

On top, I wear a molded-cup bra a size larger than me. A pair of foam pushup pads on the outer side, a pair of rubber pushup pads on the inner side, and a pair of silicone "enhancer" pads over the front/top. The molded-cup keeps things smooth on the outside. Tank top, not-too-tight shirt over that.

Hair down, no makeup, no jewelry except my ring. Nice laptop case and good purse in a cloth tote (just slip the laptop out). Basically as dumpy, middle-age and dull as possible. Nothing that suggests confident, powerful businesswoman - it just seems to bring out the worst in them.

Seems to help a little bit, YMMV. But it's still sad, especially when it keeps women (or men) who are recovering from having been sexually abused or assaulted from achieving their personal or professional potential. They have a particular right to expect their government to protect them, not harass them.

Last edited by neko; Aug 24, 2010 at 2:12 pm
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by PHLflying
If I am subjected to this, I plan on going the route of either

1) oh yes, touch me there, oh yeah, that feels good, oh, you are great, like one poster on this board wrote

2) NO- BAD TOUCH! MOMMY!

I guess they may try to retaliate with saying I'm interfering with the screening process....
very tempting, indeed, to put on one's best mincing hedonist voice and say "oh, yes! I am SO going to enjoy this! DO take your time!.... but then you'll have to buy me dinner...." followed by a heartfelt & polite ""thank you office Cockfondle..."
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:36 pm

I nominate Officer Cockfondle as the official name of the person assigned this task. Just hilarious.

We do, of course, need the feminine version of the nickname.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by ScatterX
I nominate Officer Cockfondle as the official name of the person assigned this task. Just hilarious.

Pussy Galore ?

Old Aug 24, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

Officer Fannypat?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
TSO CoochClutch?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:52 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Originally Posted by Critic
TSO CoochClutch?
Old Aug 26, 2010, 9:57 am

Officer Snatch n' Grab

(Apologies to anyone who may be offended, but the process is really offensive and needs a correspondingly disgusting nickname)
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:21 am

Officer Snatch n' Grab

(Apologies to anyone who may be offended, but the process is really offensive and needs a correspondingly disgusting nickname)

Officer Snatchpoke Booblift of the Taint Searching Agency, and her brother Officer Cocksqueeze Ballcup.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mozgytog
Officer Snatchpoke Booblift of the Taint Searching Agency, and her brother Officer Cocksqueeze Ballcup.
I like it, I like it!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:58 pm
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
*ROTFL*

ETA: I'm kinda surprised this passed the obscenity bot.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Catch Phrase for our t-shirt? LOL!!!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 5:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Lightbulb

I suggest that making an official complaint to the airline you flew - everytime - might be the most effective. The airlines' claim of injury or potential injury to their business carries a lot of weight. As an example of their leverage, it's what got lighters allowed: Thousands of complaints (partly a campaign, actually) which the airlines consolidated into an appeal to TSA/DHS. In that case, they even prevailed over safety considerations.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
I suggest that making an official complaint to the airline you flew - everytime - might be the most effective. The airlines' claim of injury or potential injury to their business carries a lot of weight. As an example of their leverage, it's what got lighters allowed: Thousands of complaints (partly a campaign, actually) which the airlines consolidated into an appeal to TSA/DHS. In that case, they even prevailed over safety considerations.
To be realistic, even when lighters were banned you could have a book of matches.

If I flick a Bic and drop it, the lighter is out before it hits the ground. If I flare an entire book of matches and drop it... not so much. So the whole idea that lighters were more dangerous than matches floats like a lead balloon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.