Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
paragraph 4, "miscarriage"
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Fixed.

And here is the real question, do you think the black Suburbans will show up now?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:38 pm

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
That may be a bad choice of words. Travesty?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
Fixed.

And here is the real question, do you think the black Suburbans will show up now?
Black Suburbans? Nope, we'll be getting the SWAT teams rolling in inside of APCs, battering ram, and stripped naked before being marched out of our homes, naked and hooded.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AngryMiller
That may be a bad choice of words. Travesty?
Travesty may be too strong.

I am a bit afraid that the whole letter will be viewed as too strong and hit the round file.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Black Suburbans? Nope, we'll be getting the SWAT teams rolling in inside of APCs, battering ram, and stripped naked before being marched out of our homes, naked and hooded.
I thought you had to pay extra for that.

I am getting a bit concerned that the Government may attack those of us that they think can't afford to fight back.

This letter to Nappy is very scary in its tone.

I am hitting send on that letter before I psych myself out.

Done, I hope they at least read it all.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:49 pm

Travesty may be too strong.

I am a bit afraid that the whole letter will be viewed as too strong and hit the round file.
No f-bombs.
No ad hominem attacks.
Good English.
Good spelling.
Grammar good.
Limited use of multisyllabic words.
Jargon use limited.
No excoriating language.
Limited to less than one page for short attention span/busy people.

Looks pretty good.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:51 pm

Programs: US, NW, HH Gold, iDine VIP
TK - this is excellent. Minor grammar and edits suggested in blue.

This might make a nice "letter to the editor of the NYT" or something like that as well - it'd have the potential for more visibility.

- - - -

"...that the "specific procedures for calibrating magnetometers" were released in the..."

That procedure is widely known as a simple internet search will reveal. In fact the Department of Justice has an in-depth document describing the details of that procedure. The DOJ-hosted document also includes mechanical drawings and specifications for test objects.

<snip>

...A kneejerk response to this would result in a miscarriage of justice...

...With the TSA workforce turnover rate hovering around 20%, a more likely scenario for a terrorist organization to use...

...How many times do you think the terrorist organizations, and the countries that sponsor them, have scoured U.S. Government websites for errors such as this?

Unlike the terrorists and the covert operations agents of rogue governments, the citizens that discovered this leak brought attention to the public and to Federal officials such as yourself, affording the TSA the opportunity to plug the security holes it created.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:56 pm

I thought you had to pay extra for that.

I am getting a bit concerned that the Government may attack those of us that they think can't afford to fight back.

This letter to Nappy is very scary in its tone.

Done, I hope they at least read it all.
Rep King is a republican in Iowa. Much of what he wrote is bluster intended to make his constituents feel good about the government doing something (motion = work in this case). We know what happens when the government acts without thinking. In this case it would result in political prisoners and in an election year (2010) that wouldn't be good at all.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ProvRIGuy
TK - this is excellent. Minor grammar and edits suggested in blue.

This might make a nice "letter to the editor of the NYT" or something like that as well - it'd have the potential for more visibility.

- - - -

"...that the "specific procedures for calibrating magnetometers" were released in the..."

That procedure is widely known as a simple internet search will reveal. In fact the Department of Justice has an in-depth document describing the details of that procedure. The DOJ-hosted document also includes mechanical drawings and specifications for test objects.

<snip>

...A kneejerk response to this would result in a miscarriage of justice...

...With the TSA workforce turnover rate hovering around 20%, a more likely scenario for a terrorist organization to use...

...How many times do you think the terrorist organizations, and the countries that sponsor them, have scoured U.S. Government websites for errors such as this?

Unlike the terrorists and the covert operations agents of rogue governments, the citizens that discovered this leak brought attention to the public and to Federal officials such as yourself, affording the TSA the opportunity to plug the security holes it created.
Arrggg where were you BEFORE I sent the email ... Oh well they can deal with my minor errors if I have to deal with their major errors.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:31 pm

Sen. John D. Rockefeller (WV) put this out last June:

"As former Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, I have a deep appreciation and understanding of the importance of protecting information for the purposes of protecting our national security. The SSI classification should only be used to protect our homeland - it should never be used to hide wrongdoing, avoid public embarrassment, or delay the release of information to communities that need it most."

http://bit.ly/Y2MRv
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Rep King is a republican in Iowa. Much of what he wrote is bluster intended to make his constituents feel good about the government doing something (motion = work in this case). We know what happens when the government acts without thinking. In this case it would result in political prisoners and in an election year (2010) that wouldn't be good at all.
Everything I have read so far there is no Federal law against publishing classified documents let alone SENSITIVE documents. On the downside the Government has tried to use espionage statutes against those that have published classified documents.

The SOP version I am hosting is the second one released. My version had the SSI claim removed and in fact the file name is OP_NO_SSI.pdf

I should be safe because there is no claim to SSI made as required by law.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am in the process of drafting an email to Rep. Pete King. ( [email protected] )

I will post the completed email when I am done.

This is what I have right now.

I am stuck on the wording of the italicized, any suggestions?
This is the same obnoxious buffoon from Long Island NY who constantly praises the TSA and suggests witch hunts for brown people and Muslims. He is a psycho - he would never read this letter, and if he did, it wouldn't make a difference to him.

He is a gasbag whose only purpose is continually pontificate his dedicate to his version of national security, which conveniently mimics the vision of Himmler and Stalin.

I won't let my blood pressure jump over his call for criminal prosecutions against those who posted the manual - I think what he deserves is the treat of this document being continually hosted and posted all over the place until his little head fills with rage and explodes and we can be done with him once and for all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.