Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus, UA (2024-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For previous discussion and historical redemption categories in prior years, see this archived thread: Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus (2020-2023)

Pay Yourself Back is a program that offers a higher redemption value for UR points, at either 1.25 or 1.5 cents per point, as a rebate on purchases in specific categories, when charges are made on certain Chase cards.

Note: Because UR can be redeemed directly for travel at a value of up to 1.5 cents/UR or transferred to travel partners with even higher valuations, Pay Yourself Back redemptions at less than 1.5 cents/UR are rejected by most posters, except in narrow circumstances where travel redemptions are not desired.

As of April 2024, the redemption categories are:

Chase Sapphire Reserve
  • Select Charities (1.5 cents/UR)
  • Wholesale Clubs (1.25)
  • Pet Supply Stores and Services (1.25)
  • Gas Stations (1.25)
  • Annual fee (1.25)
  • Grocery Stores (1.25) (ended March 31, 2024)
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Freedom
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Chase Ink Cash
Chase Ink Preferred
Chase Ink Plus
  • Select Charities (1.25)
Note: Many Chase United co-branded cards offer a version of the Pay Yourself Back program, where United miles can be used to offset the annual fee at a value of 1.5-1.8 cents/mile and other United travel expenses at 1 cent/mile. Most posters only consider redeeming for the annual fee due to the value of United miles for award tickets.

Reported redemption values for United credit card annual fees:
  • United Club Card (Personal Version) - 1.8 cents
  • United Quest - 1.6 cents
  • United Explorer - 1.52 cents (1/2024)
  • United Business Card (without Club access) - 1.5 cents (2/2024)
  • United Select (legacy card) - 1.5 cents
There was also a report on the Doctor of Credit blog that PYB was added to Disney cards at the rate of 1 cent/point, for the following charges:
  • Select U.S. Disney locations in Disney Parks and Resorts (for a list of Disney locations, visit DisneyRewards.com/Where-To-Redeem), Disney store and outlet locations in the U.S., shopDisney.com, DisneyPlus.com, Hulu.com and ESPNPlus.com

Print Wikipost

Pay Yourself Back - Sapphire Reserve & Preferred, INK Preferred & Plus, UA (2024-)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Question, I recall form the Covid days that I had time after the period ended, as long as the charges posted in the time frame, am I not recalling this correctly? How would one make a charge on March 30/31 and then redeem for PYB at Grocery. Seems misleading.
No, it's pinned to the promotion period, not the purchase +90 days: If you purchase something eligible on the 31st, and the promotion ends (and is not renewed on the 1st), then you are out of luck.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
PYB on Disney cards now

Per the Doctor of Credit blog, PYB has been added to Disney cards at a rate of 1 cent/point, as follows:

Select U.S. Disney locations in Disney Parks and Resorts (for a list of Disney locations, visit DisneyRewards.com/Where-To-Redeem), Disney store and outlet locations in the U.S., shopDisney.com, DisneyPlus.com, Hulu.com and ESPNPlus.com
No idea if this is a good deal but I'll add it to the wiki and invite anyone with experience to comment about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.