Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Unexplained UR Points. Three Cards. Same Amount.

Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:07 am
RNE
Original Poster

P2's Freedom Family:
2 Freedom cards*
1 Freedom Flex*
1 Freedom Unlimited

*Today, I noticed each of these three cards had 1,178 UR points on them. This is mid-cycle for those cards. No charges are on them, neither posted nor pending. At last cycle's closing, I combined all their points to a card of mine (as is my routine, prompt and unfailing practice). Needless to say, I combined these unexplained points to my card immediately.

Any ideas how this (glitch?) happened? Check to see if it happened to you. If so, you're welcome for the heads up.

RNE, trying not to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:12 am

Do you charge the same amount on all cards by any chance every month? Wondering if they caught a glitch in something like a pharmacy charge not giving you a bonus?

Doesnt make sense since the fix would be different for Flex and Unlimited, but only thing I can think of...
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:45 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schnit
Do you charge the same amount on all cards by any chance every month? Wondering if they caught a glitch in something like a pharmacy charge not giving you a bonus? Doesnt make sense since the fix would be different for Flex and Unlimited, but only thing I can think of...
Good thought, but charge amounts and merchants always vary on on each card.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:21 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
About a month ago there was a problem with statement generation and notifications. I suppose this could be related, because bonus points sometimes post in the following period, but I cannot invent an explanation to account for that exact number of points on three accounts: Delay in statement closure?

You can look at the history for each of the three cards to verify the number of points that you Combined versus the amount shown on the statements. Set [Filter by] to "Combined": https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....wards-activity
Old Aug 16, 2022, 8:41 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
You can look at the history for each of the three cards to verify the number of points that you Combined versus the amount shown on the statements. Set [Filter by] to "Combined": https://ultimaterewardspoints.chase....wards-activity
Good to know; thanks. I am very curious about this, but I'm also too lazy to do any research -- particularly not considering the paltry amounts involved. I'll sit tight and see if Chase tries to reverse it. Of course, I'll report back if anything happens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.