Wiki Posts
Search

Switch UA Chase Mileage Plus Awards ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K , AK, DL, TG
Switch UA Chase Mileage Plus Awards ?

I have not been following card programs for a while. Is there reason to keep my Chase United MileagePlus Awards ? Am I better off canceling it and going to a UA Explorer or other UA offering?
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I would cancel & apply for a new card. No downside IMHO. Assuming that you can use the 1000s of new UA miles you'll be receiving as a bonus.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: UA Gold
I would try to product change to the no fee version before cancelling. and then open one of the new offers and to get the sign up bonus.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Eneka
I would try to product change to the no fee version before cancelling. and then open one of the new offers and to get the sign up bonus.
Why PC to card that you don't want or need? Waste of energy. Cancel and apply for a new card with big SUB. That's me though.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by philemer
Why PC to card that you don't want or need? Waste of energy. Cancel and apply for a new card with big SUB. That's me though.
I PC’ed from the ancient Select card (which used to be a Platinum UA Visa) to the AF MileagePlus card, which was subsequently upgraded (arguably) to a UA Gateway card. I wanted to get rid of the AF, but keep my (by far) oldest account alive. And now it’s earning me some money via Chase Offers

I don’t know the OP, but given

I have not been following card programs for a while”

it sounds like it couldn’t hurt to keep account around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.