Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:13 pm

For the Marriott personal cards, we get 15 elite nights after approval and 15 elite nights before next March. Do we get 15 elite nights after approval for the Marriott Business card? I don't see it anywhere in the terms. Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
....Do we get 15 elite nights after approval for the Marriott Business card? I don't see it anywhere in the terms. Thanks.
The Marriott Business card is now issued by American Express.

15 Elite Night Credits
The 15 Elite Night Credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy™ Member Account within 60 days upon opening your Card Account. On or before March 1 of each subsequent calendar year, the 15 Elite Night Credits will be credited to your Marriott Bonvoy Member Account operated by Marriott International, Inc., in accordance with Marriott Bonvoy terms and conditions, as long as your Card Account is open as of December 31 of the prior calendar year.[/h2]
To be eligible to receive the 15 Elite Night Credits with this Card, you must be the Basic Card Member, and you must have an active Marriott Bonvoy Member Account linked to your Card Account. A maximum of 15 Elite Night Credits will be provided per Marriott Bonvoy Member Account, unless you have both a small business Marriott Bonvoy Card account and a consumer Marriott Bonvoy Card account; then, you may receive a combined maximum of 30 Elite Night Credits (15 per Card account). This benefit is not exclusive to Credit Cards offered by American Express.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...wd#offer-terms
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Well interesting dp -

Approved for the Boundless 1 day after 5/24. During application, I was expecting the welcome bonus ineligibility pop up, but it didn't appear....

Will be interesting to see how this goes.
Originally Posted by mia
Does Chase have this feature now?
My recollection is that Chase informs you of bonus ineligibility for this card via letter in the mail after approval.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:24 pm

Sign on bonus eligibility for Amex SPG card holder

I have had the Amex SPG preferred card for years. It’s been renamed to Amex Marriott Bonvoy card now. Chase’ term for their Marriott sign up bonus is I need to not have the Amex Marriott card fir at least 30 days.

I want to keep the credit history with my Amex card. Can I downgrade it to another card with no annual fee and not a Marriott card from Amex, wait 30 days then apply for the Chase Marriott card to get the sign on bonus? Would I be eligible for the Chase sign on bonus? I called Chase but the rep didn’t give me a clear answer and asked me to call Amex.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:41 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by macboss
I have had the Amex SPG preferred card for years. It’s been renamed to Amex Marriott Bonvoy card now. Chase’ term for their Marriott sign up bonus is I need to not have the Amex Marriott card fir at least 30 days.

I want to keep the credit history with my Amex card. Can I downgrade it to another card with no annual fee and not a Marriott card from Amex, wait 30 days then apply for the Chase Marriott card to get the sign on bonus? Would I be eligible for the Chase sign on bonus? I called Chase but the rep didn’t give me a clear answer and asked me to call Amex.
These days the only thing you can change an Amex card to is another card under the same brand, so your only other option to change the card while keeping the credit history would be the $450 Bonvoy Brilliant (formerly SPG Luxury) card.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
These days the only thing you can change an Amex card to is another card under the same brand, so your only other option to change the card while keeping the credit history would be the $450 Bonvoy Brilliant (formerly SPG Luxury) card.
guess I’ll keep the card. Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:05 am

Marriott Bonvoy SUB

I had the Marriott Rewards/Bonvoy Premier for a few years, then received a Boundless upgrade offer of two free nights in September 2019. I cancelled the card February 2020 as the annual fee was about to hit.

I would like to apply and take advantage of a new SUB. Would I be eligible for a new cardmember bonus? I technically received the upgrade promotion, not a new cardmember promotion, so I'm hoping yes?

There is some specific language in the terms about eligibility for the card and cardmember bonus:
The product is not available to
  • previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
The bonus is not available to you if:
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months;
The upgrade offer exclusion seems to be for the Amex cards, while the Chase cards only have the 24 month language. So technically I received the upgrade promotion, not a new Chase cardmember promotion, so I should be eligible for the SUB?

Any tips appreciated

Last edited by prech; Jul 23, 2020 at 7:11 am
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Hi Prech,

I think you're okay to apply for a new card and get the bonus since you didn't get the new card member bonus in 2019.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:54 am

I may be interested in the 100k bonus for the Chase Marriott Boundless. I understand the card gives you Marriott Silver, but what if I already have Marriott Gold with the Amex Platinum? Will both cards link to one Marriott account # giving me Marriott Gold status and bonus earn, but the free nights and earn rate of the Boundless?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 11:57 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by JLC85
I may be interested in the 100k bonus for the Chase Marriott Boundless. I understand the card gives you Marriott Silver, but what if I already have Marriott Gold with the Amex Platinum? Will both cards link to one Marriott account # giving me Marriott Gold status and bonus earn, but the free nights and earn rate of the Boundless?
If you don't already have any other Bonvoy-specific credit cards, the Boundless would give you 15 night credits per year, which by itself is enough for Marriott Silver so that's how they market the card. If you already have Gold it wouldn't give you anything more. But, the 15 night credits could make earning a higher status easier (it would only take 35 more nights stayed per year to reach Platinum).

Any benefits you get from both cards would be linked to the same Bonvoy account.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
If you don't already have any other Bonvoy-specific credit cards, the Boundless would give you 15 night credits per year, which by itself is enough for Marriott Silver so that's how they market the card. If you already have Gold it wouldn't give you anything more. But, the 15 night credits could make earning a higher status easier (it would only take 35 more nights stayed per year to reach Platinum).

Any benefits you get from both cards would be linked to the same Bonvoy account.
Thank you! I don't have any other Bonvoy-specific credit cards. Just to confirm, if I get the Boundless, my earning rate at Marriott would be (per $1, assuming I stay at a core Marriott property) 6 points for the Boundless, 10 points for base Bonvoy member, plus a 25% bonus for Gold (2.5 points) for a total of 18.5 points. Is this correct?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:52 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by JLC85
Thank you! I don't have any other Bonvoy-specific credit cards. Just to confirm, if I get the Boundless, my earning rate at Marriott would be (per $1, assuming I stay at a core Marriott property) 6 points for the Boundless, 10 points for base Bonvoy member, plus a 25% bonus for Gold (2.5 points) for a total of 18.5 points. Is this correct?
Yes, as long as you were to pay for your stay with the Boundless card.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 4:21 pm

Angry Chase Is Denying What Is Written on Their Website

Chase says on their website that if you received the sign-up bonus from one of several cards within 24 months, you will not get another sign-up bonus for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card.

However, they does not put the Chase Ritz-Carlton card in that exclusion list. Therefore, I believed that I would still get the bonus despite receiving the sign-up bonus from the Chase Ritz-Carlton card.

I applied for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card and got approved. Then Chase told me I would not be eligible for its sign-up bonus.

So Chase is denying what is written on their website. Should we trust other things they write on their website? Is this common for Chase? Is there anything else I can do right now?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by a1exi
Chase says on their website that if you received the sign-up bonus from one of several cards within 24 months, you will not get another sign-up bonus for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card.

However, they does not put the Chase Ritz-Carlton card in that exclusion list. Therefore, I believed that I would still get the bonus despite receiving the sign-up bonus from the Chase Ritz-Carlton card.

I applied for the Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless card and got approved. Then Chase told me I would not be eligible for its sign-up bonus.

So Chase is denying what is written on their website. Should we trust other things they write on their website? Is this common for Chase? Is there anything else I can do right now?
Does it anywhere on their website claim that the exclusion list is complete? If their website does not say "this is a complete list of cards that disqualify you", they're not "denying what is written on their website".

If their website never claims that that is the complete list of cards that can deny you the bonus, you shouldn't have "believed" that it was necessarily complete. After all, the Ritz Carlton card is a card that's been discontinued from new applications for some time now, so it's not surprising that discontinued from new applications cards might not be listed, because someone editing the list may not have realized that it was available recently enough (even if not in the past year or more) that it could matter.for this particular issue, even though it's a card that's not relevant any more for most other issues.

At least on the application, they claim that the only cards for which you can be approved for the card yet denied the bonus are Amex cards, and they claim that for all Chase cards you'll be denied the card, not just the bonus.

Have you received the card yet? If not, you could ask them if you could have your application cancelled and it treated as if you had never applied / as if you had been denied the card (ie, not reported to any credit bureaus as an opened card), because the website led you to expect that you would either be denied the card, or that if you were approved for the card you would also be approved for the signup bonus. I have no idea whether they'll agree to that, but if they do, you could try again after 24+ months have gone by.

But I think it's more likely you can get them to close the card and not report it as ever opened (if this happened recently enough), than being able to get them to honor the signup bonus, even though I"m not sure how likely even that "more likely" possibility is.

Meanwhile, you should not believe anything that bank says online as being 100.000% correct. As another example, Citi claims that they'l deny you for such and such if you did this and that in the past 24 months, but then they'll deny when you only this and that 25 months ago. Or Citi will say you cannot have 2 credit applications in any on 60 day period, and they'll deny you for a second application 63 days after the first one. Ie, with Citi, everyone who's been following discussion about Citi applications on FlyerTalk knows that Citi is notorious for making errors counting time, and that thus it's in your best interest to do sufficient "padding" to whatever time Citi says to allow.

So one bank may have an incomplete list, another bank may not keep track of time correctly, and so on and so forth. The basic motto: Ask questions first, instead of lamenting what happened to you and asking question afterwards.

So welcome to FlyerTalk, a1exi, but you really should have come here a while back and asked "should I expect to get a bonus on this card despite having had a bonus in the past 24 months on the Ritz Carlton card", and perhaps based on the answers you might have gotten then you wouldn't have "believed" what you unfortunately came to "believe".

Last edited by sdsearch; Aug 3, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:05 am

Do you have (or have you recently had) any American Express Bonvoy cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.