FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:05 am
prech

Marriott Bonvoy SUB

I had the Marriott Rewards/Bonvoy Premier for a few years, then received a Boundless upgrade offer of two free nights in September 2019. I cancelled the card February 2020 as the annual fee was about to hit.

I would like to apply and take advantage of a new SUB. Would I be eligible for a new cardmember bonus? I technically received the upgrade promotion, not a new cardmember promotion, so I'm hoping yes?

There is some specific language in the terms about eligibility for the card and cardmember bonus:
The product is not available to
  • previous cardmembers of the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier) or Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ credit card (also known as Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus), who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
The bonus is not available to you if:
  • are a current or previous cardmember of either Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card (also known as The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express) or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (also known as the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card), and received a new cardmember bonus or upgrade bonus in the last 24 months;
The upgrade offer exclusion seems to be for the Amex cards, while the Chase cards only have the 24 month language. So technically I received the upgrade promotion, not a new Chase cardmember promotion, so I should be eligible for the SUB?

Any tips appreciated

Last edited by prech; Jul 23, 2020 at 7:11 am