Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2020, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: friedablass
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

Be mindful of the the 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new credit cards in 24 months can result in an application denial. For up-to-date information, please consult the wiki at Applying for Chase PERSONAL Cards (2020-present).

Marriott cards eligibility chart:

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-card-eligible/

PERSONAL CARD
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Visa card
https://creditcards.chase.com/travel...nvoy/boundless

100K points for making $3,000 in purchases within 3 months of opening the card. $95 annual fee, not waived the first year. 6x at Marriott, 3x on grocery/gas/dining (up to $6K/year), 2x on travel and everything else.

BUSINESS CARDS
Business card now issued by AMEX. https://creditcard.americanexpress.c...nvoy-business/

Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Cards, 2019 to present

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Smiley90
What Boundless complementary breakfast benefit? Neither the Boundless nor the Bountiful award either breakfast or Platinum status, which would provide breakfast. If you're talking about the Brilliant, then questions 2&3 (about the benefits of Platinum status) are better answered in the Marriott forum, not here (or even the Amex forum)
Yes, i'm asking about the Brilliant card. And you're right: Questions about Plat status are much better answered at the Marriott forum. I'll post the questions there. Thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Smiley90
If you're talking about the Brilliant, then questions 2&3 (about the benefits of Platinum status) are better answered in the Marriott forum, not here (or even the Amex forum)
Here's the main thread on breakfast: FAQ : Marriott's "breakfast offering" explained, by brand and by Bonvoy elite level

Pay very careful attention to the wiki. The breakfast benefit is very complicated, down to certain hotels that are excluded. But generally honored according to the detailed rules.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:41 pm

It's been a week since I hit the spending target in early March, the 5 FN certificates have not shown up for me.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM, JPMorgan Reserve, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP
I dont know if someone can give me good advise.... But i applied for the Chase Marriott Boundless card.... and i got the decision will be made in 7 days or so.... Therefore, i figured out it was declined. Then decided to go with the Amex Brilliant Card. I got preapproved before running credit and am elidgible for the bonus. Now, online at my chase account the Boundless Card is showing up as approved as well.

I am worried that i will lose the bonus on both? Any suggestions on how to deal with this in the best way?
gudugan likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by hawata
I dont know if someone can give me good advise.... But i applied for the Chase Marriott Boundless card.... and i got the decision will be made in 7 days or so.... Therefore, i figured out it was declined. Then decided to go with the Amex Brilliant Card. I got preapproved before running credit and am elidgible for the bonus. Now, online at my chase account the Boundless Card is showing up as approved as well.

I am worried that i will lose the bonus on both? Any suggestions on how to deal with this in the best way?
You in essence did a modified double dip. Should hopefully be ok
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
From calling them both many times it sounds like Chase doesn’t talk to Amex and vice versa. Marriott claims they don’t touch credit cards and it’s just the issuing company. There’s a system that determines if you are eligible for a card but Chase and Amex claim that Marriott controls it and Marriott claims that the card issuer controls it.

In other words. You should be fine haha
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by gudugan
Called Chase recon again and my application is actually open for 30 days, just need to call them back if it's out of the 24 months

Called Amex, I opened [the Brilliant card] with a welcome bonus in late 2021 of 150k + 85k FNC. Well... it turns out the bonus posted in two parts, 100k in Jan 2022 and 50k in March 2022. So I'm in the clear for the first one and not the second.
I got approved for the Boundless. An easy way to check this is to go on your Marriott.com account (website has 24 months of data and phone only has 12 months of data), then go to Activity. Scroll all the way to the bottom.
I had a line for "MAR BV BRILLIANT AX ACQ BONUS" +50k points and then a line for "MAR BV AX Brilliant ACQ FNA up to 85Kpts" the day after. I was able to apply on the same calendar date as the 50k points bonus, so it looks like the certificate date does not count.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Does anyone know if MDDs with Chase Marriott cards is still possible? Can you naturally get the Bountiful (with no SUB) while holding a Boundless? I had issues with trying to get both a Bold and Boundless in the past.
Well I tried the MDD and it wasn’t successful.

This is what I have:
Amex Brilliant (>2 years)
Amex Business (>2 years)
Chase Boundless (new)

Timeline (business days, personal recon not open on weekends):
Day 1 - Apply and approved for Boundless
Day 2 - Apply for Bold. Tried to call recon several times but they said I can’t do anything until decision is made.
Day 8 - Declined Bold

Lending department says it is declined not because of creditworthiness, but because of product restrictions. System tells them that and they can't do anything about it.

I asked about the Bountiful and they think I should be able to apply for it without the SUB, but I need a separate application. I'm not completely sure I want to do this because then I'm just paying $250 for nothing the first year. I guess I could downgrade it to Bold for the second year then get the Ritz. The Ritz removal of PP restaurants makes me more on the fence.
I'm permanently locked out of the Bountiful SUB anyway (I'll downgrade the Brilliant to the $95 card but still can't get it) and the Bountiful doesn't affect the Boundless at all so can apply whenever so I'll just wait.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:42 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any success DPs on opening a boundless, waiting 90 days not finishing the SUB, then opening brilliant+business and then finishing boundless sub?
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:54 am

You don't get the signup bonus if it's past 90 days?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Anyone not receive their points so far this month from card spend?

My Ritz card statement closes the 7th and usually points hit the account 8-9th. So far nothing has hit my account from this month's card spend

Curious if anyone else is experiencing the same issue?
​​​
Old Apr 16, 2024, 1:25 pm

Is there a tracker on the app for the spend needed for the 5 free nights bonus similar to when the SUB is points ?

I can't seem to find any tracker for my new Marriott card and it's been at least 5 years since I had any Marriott card. Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:46 pm

(2) you applied and were approved for any of the following cards within the last 90 days

For this Boundless SUB rule, does it include upgrade? I upgraded Amex bonvoy basic to Brilliant (no bonus) but not sure if 30 days is enough or need to wait 90 days.

Thank you.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Fishy
(2) you applied and were approved for any of the following cards within the last 90 days

For this Boundless SUB rule, does it include upgrade? I upgraded Amex bonvoy basic to Brilliant (no bonus) but not sure if 30 days is enough or need to wait 90 days.

Thank you.
Upgrade is 24 months ONLY if you got a bonus for it. If you didn't get a bonus and directly product changed it this doesn't apply.
You should be able to do 30 days, the Chase website will tell you if you're eligible before applying, and can withdraw your application if not
SPN Lifer and Fishy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.