Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2020, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Chase regularly offers 3-month spending bonuses at chase.com/mybonus.
Chase Spend and Get Offers | My Bonus | Chase.com

These bonuses have the following characteristics:
  • Offers are not visible in your Chase online account. You can view them only through the portal at the link above. Viewing an offer automatically registers your card for it.
  • Offers are individually targeted. You may receive a different offer, or none at all, on a card type for which another FTer reports a bonus.
  • A given card will have, at most, one applicable bonus offer at a time.
  • Offers are typically for higher multiples of miles/points per dollar spent. Note that when an offer is for “10x on gas spend,” that means 10 points or miles per dollar total, including any category bonus native to the relevant card.
    • If you downgrade a qualifying card during an offer period, the offer will still apply, but you will receive only the incremental benefit relative to the new card’s built-in category bonus, if any. For example, the Chase IHG Premier card always earns 5x on dining, so a 10x quarterly offer is worth an extra 5 points/dollar. If you downgrade to the IHG Traveler card (native 3x dining bonus), you will receive 8 total points per dollar (native 3x plus the promotional 5 points/dollar) for spending during the offer period.
    • On very rare occasions, an offer may be for a fixed bonus contingent on the cardholder making a certain number of transactions of a minimum value. (For an early 2022 instance of this—5,000 UR for making 15 purchases of at least $2 each—see this post.)
  • Most offers are for generic categories (gas, grocery, dining, etc.). On occasion, however, an offer may be for purchases with a specific Chase partner using the applicable co-branded card (e.g., United Airlines, Hyatt, IHG) or for a large merchant such as Amazon (Q422).
  • Offers are usually capped at $1500 in spend. In some cases, however, the cap may be higher, e.g., extra miles on up to $6,000 in purchases from United Airlines on a United card.
  • Bonuses are typically for standard quarterly periods, but offers may also run for other three-month periods (e.g., June/July/August). It is generally worth checking on, or even shortly before, the first of each month for any card that doesn’t currently have an associated offer.
    • If you have a Q3 offer, you won’t be able to see any Q4 offer on that card until the Q3 offer expires. That said, Chase may send you an email notification a few days before the cutoff allowing you to view & pre-register for the upcoming offer.
For discussion of “Chase Offers”—short-term (usually <30 days) percentage discounts with specific merchants (not categories)—see "Chase Offers" (merchant branded discounts or rebates on specific cards), including the wiki at the top of each page.

Print Wikipost

Chase "My Bonus" promotions (targeted category bonuses).

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Getting kinda crowded here in droughtland, hope Chase doesn't raise the rent .

If they do, there is always Bilt

Jokes aside, I am in the process of cancelling three of my UA cards. The Marriott Boundless is gone. The UA Explorer will go next, and then the Hyatt will follow (only reason I still have it is the current promo that rewards cardholders a bit). And over the course of the last few months, with no spend bonuses, my everyday spend for groceries and gas has gone to Citi on the Premier card. And for diversification purposes, dining is mostly going to that card now, too, to help me build up TY points. The UR stash is already significant and growing from travel and giftcard purchases.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
... I am in the process of cancelling three of my UA cards. ...
That’s one way to escape Chase droughtland, congratulations. Concerns for some of us are that AmEx NLL and/or Retention Offer droughtland is right next door and both domains seem to get keep growing without any forecasted relief.
SPN Lifer and notquiteaff like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:18 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Has the 5,000/7,000 point bonus for the hotel/flight booking posted for anyone yet? Still haven't seen anything on my end.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:23 am

[gone]
Dr Jabadski likes this.

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 3:40 pm
Old Mar 7, 2024, 2:44 pm

For CFU, I received a targeted email offer for 5% back on $200 max spend for gas and grocery if I use Apple Pay contactless payment by 4/30. In December, I received a similar type email offer for Prime to use PayPal for checkout. Chase is adding a specific payment method to the category and merchant offerings. Neither of these offerings are visible in the Chase app.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
A new Chase Travel MyBonus offer:

https://www.chase.com/mybonus/travel

EkekoBWI and TGarza like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reportedly (DoC) there are new Q2 spend offers out. Nothing for me so far, but I also culled two of my five Chase do-branded cards recently, so fewer cards to check.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
[...] Nothing for me [...]
Less than nothing for me. I had refrained from checking one card in hopes that the useless MAX offer would be replaced with something else. My other cards told me I had already enrolled (nothing new), and the one card I had been saving for this quarter not only got the MAX offer, but the expiration date had been moved out three months compared to the offer on the other cards (now ending Sep rather than Jun; that's the "less than nothing"). Chase's algorithm and I have different ideas about what might interest me.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:40 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I haven't seen a thread for it yet but I received an email for a United-sponsored second quarter bonus on the Quest card.

Earn up to 12000 miles OR 600 PQP with spending.

Subject line was "MDtR-Chicago, a limited-time bonus offer is here for you"
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:09 am

Both of my Chase/Amazon Prime cards are offering 5 percent back on restaurants, gas, & home improvement stores, up to $1,000 in spending, April 1 - June 30.

No offers on my other Chase cards.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by serpens
Less than nothing for me. … the expiration date had been moved out three months … (now ending Sep rather than Jun; that's the "less than nothing"). Chase's algorithm and I have different ideas about what might interest me.
Agreed, well stated. It’s quite annoying that other, usually more desirable offers, are apparently precluded until expiration of current offers.

Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
… I received an email for a United-sponsored …
I too have received emails offering registration for borderline satisfactory offers (as below, ~ 3-4 miles/$) for a United personal card. (I was wondering if the offers below are stackable but just remembered that it’s a UA Club card which I only keep open for 12.5 months and I’ll probably cancel later this month. Excellent targeted marketing by Chase/UA, likely in an attempt to get me to pay another high AF.)

SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Apr 1, 2024 at 11:41 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:26 pm
ra7

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Both of my Chase/Amazon Prime cards are offering 5 percent back on restaurants, gas, & home improvement stores, up to $1,000 in spending, April 1 - June 30.

No offers on my other Chase cards.
Where do you see these offers? Did you receive an email or you see them once you login to your account?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ra7
Where do you see these offers?
Start here: http://chase.com/mybonus
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:53 pm
ra7

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you. Didn't see anything other than the Max offers
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago (Post # 804)
I haven't seen a thread for it yet but I received an email for a United-sponsored second quarter bonus on the Quest card.

Earn up to 12000 miles OR 600 PQP with spending.

Subject line was "MDtR-Chicago, a limited-time bonus offer is here for you"
These offers are regularly posted in the FlyerTalk (FT) United Airlines Forum.

Q2 Chase Promo: Select your reward 50K RDM or 2.5K PQP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.