Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2020, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
In April 2020 Chase criteria for approving BUSINESS card applications have become more stringent. All Chase INK products are business cards. Chase also issues co-branded business cards for United Airlines and Southwest Airlines.

Chase business cards are subject to the 5/24 restriction. Approval of a Chase business application has not increased the N/24 count, but there are a few reports in the 4th quarter of 2022 that this may have changed, review THIS thread. There will always be some uncertainty, because 5/24 is an unpublished rule which Chase can modify without notice or explanation.

For general information about applying for Chase cards, including explanation of the unpublished 5/24 rule, please review the Wikipost of the PERSONAL card thread: HERE

Anyone can apply for a business card as a sole proprietor. If your business has a registered company name, which Chase can verify, you may use the name to apply. Otherwise, use your legal First and Last name as the business name. Do not add any extra words, do not use a made up name. If Chase cannot verify the name the application will fail.

Useful Chase telephone numbers
(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated
(800) 453-9719 – Business Credit Card Reconsideration Line with live rep
(800) 453-9719 – Credit Reallocation Office (Business cards)
(888) 622-7547 – Executive Offices

Twitter: @ChaseSupport

Note: In the past, automated telephone status reports stating that Chase would notify you in 2 weeks often resulted in an approval, whereas the "7-10 days" telephone recording often indicated imminent denial. In 2016, this pattern became increasingly unpredictable, with many applicants receiving approval despite an earlier "7-10 days" automated telephone message. As a result, automated telephone responses should not be regarded as reliable indicators of an application's likely outcome.

?? Chase business credit cards [must / may] use [the same / a different] user name [as / from] personal cards. The same [applies / does not apply] to the e-mail address used. ??

Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
I applied with a 2 year old SP with ~$5K revenue. I already have the other two ink cards.
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
If recent history is any indication, it's because it's a sole proprietor with too little time as a business.
If two years is not sufficient, do we know what they are looking for?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 5:31 am

that’s a good suggestion!

I just got off a 45 min phone call with the reconsideration line. They asked me a bunch of questions about my personal income and business. They said that they’re going to escalate to a senior analyst and will get back To me in 1-2 weeks. Not super optimistic, but at least they’re opening it back up.

I’ll let folks know what i hear
My reconsideration for CIP was denied due to :

You have too many active accounts or too much available credit
Business too new

Regarding too many active accounts, I’ve got the two other chase ink cards and a freedom. I’ve also got another CIP, but it’s for another business that’s an LLC and and EIN.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:07 am
mia

Regarding too many active accounts, .....
Any cards from other issuers?
jjmiller69 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:54 am

...I’ve also got another CIP, but it’s for another business that’s an LLC and and EIN.
That one counts just as much as the others.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:53 pm

Does anyone know what's the maximum CIPs or Chase business cards one should apply for before risking shutdown?

I've heard of 6 or 7 CIPs that were opened and closed, but unsure at what point chase would shutdown ones account. I don't mean how many business cards are held at one time, but the maximum times a certain card is applied for, or total maximum business applications for sole proprietor.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I have a hobby business with an existing business Bonvoy card with Chase. Not a registered name, nor income to show.

if I try for another ink card, better to use the existing name or just first/last name?

not optimistic at all but didn’t see a downside to applying given it was a business card.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 11:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by beachfan
if I try for another ink card, better to use the existing name or just first/last name?
Use First Name / Last Name.

A downside is that the credit inquiry will appear on your personal credit history, even though the account would not. Some issuers are sensitive to inquiries.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
If its the same activity, then your LLC is not a NEW business, simply a different form of organization of the same business. You should show the original begin date of your business activity, not the most recent re-org date.
I called the reconsideration line today and raised this point, revising the business start date from the LLC formation to the sole proprietorship (years earlier). The agent went through some data verification of business income & profit and asked me if it would be OK to reallocate some of the credit line from my card in the name of the sole proprietorship, and we left it with Chase needing to verify one more thing and they'd either issue the card or ask for more information.

Total time on the point about 35 minutes, most of it on hold as they reviewed information. I didn't really feel grilled, just data verification between the original card application and a few Schedule C items. I know they went to the secretary of state's website to verify the LLC but not what else they were looking it. Seems likely the card will be issued though not certain yet.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Use First Name / Last Name.

A downside is that the credit inquiry will appear on your personal credit history, even though the account would not. Some issuers are sensitive to inquiries.
Didn’t realize that, thanks. Makes me wonder whether it’s worth it, as I don’t have any business records to show. Was hoping that the existing business card name might be treated differently.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 9:24 am

Talking CIC App 9/29, more info response, denial letter 9/30, recon 10/1, approved

Existing CIP, obtained December 2019.

Sole Proprietor application
Business established 11/2011
Annual Income $9.1k
Reason on the denial letter: Business Structure

Reconsideration line asked the following questions:
- More details about the business (rental property) - with follow-up questions - Is the property vacant; is this a vacation property
- Annual rental income
- Reason for application and seeking more credit, as existing CIP with $9k credit
- What type of expenses will be charged to the card on an ongoing basis

Rep indicated that he would need to move $4k credit from the CIP to the new card, which would arrive in 7-10 business days. Card showed up online within minutes of getting off the phone.

Last edited by mocarey; Oct 1, 2020 at 5:44 pm Reason: Add more details and update
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
You have more time than you think. You can meet the MSR any time after your December statement date and the bonus will post in January.
The problem is, that's all of *one* day! Confirmed that my MSR window closes on 12/17/2020, and my statements close on the 16th of the month. But I just called the CSR and he changed my statement closing date to the first of each month (subject to management approval). Which means that as long as I don't hit the $5,000 MSR until some point between December 2 and December 16: (1) I'll satisfy the MSR before the deadline, and (2) the 70k bonus points won't post until on or after January 1.

Please check my work! Did I do that correctly? I'm slicing this closer than I'd like but 2 weeks gives me plenty of wiggle of room. I didn't expect to be approved so quickly.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by mirak
The problem is, that's all of *one* day! Confirmed that my MSR window closes on 12/17/2020, and my statements close on the 16th of the month. But I just called the CSR and he changed my statement closing date to the first of each month (subject to management approval). Which means that as long as I don't hit the $5,000 MSR until some point between December 2 and December 16: (1) I'll satisfy the MSR before the deadline, and (2) the 70k bonus points won't post until on or after January 1.

Please check my work! Did I do that correctly? I'm slicing this closer than I'd like but 2 weeks gives me plenty of wiggle of room. I didn't expect to be approved so quickly.
12/17 sounds earlier than the MSR window should be, but your work sounds correct. Just mind your spending and be sure to stop well short of $5000 prior to 12/1. And ignore any returns/credits. They don't reduce your spend for the purposes of MSR.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:42 pm

CIP app 10/2. Denied immediately (my first Chase denial ever). Called recon, and approved in about 30 mins.

Existing CIC, a downgrade from Ink Plus opened in 2015 (same biz as above app).
Existing CIP, opened 2018, for business 2.
5 personal Chase cards
CPC (lol)

Sole prop with EIN, biz established 7/2014 with annual revenue of $15,000.
Reason for denial was business too new.

I asked reconsideration if 6 years in business is too new. They had business opened in 2019 not 2014 (but they also saw the business had a CIC that opened in 2015). So they weren't sure. Asked a few more questions. and then approved with $9k CL.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:53 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Troopers
Sole prop with EIN, biz established 7/2014 with annual revenue of $15,000.
Reason for denial was business too new.

I asked reconsideration if 6 years in business is too new. They had business opened in 2019 not 2014
Perhaps Chase found a public record of the business dated in 2019? For example, if you started a business in 2014 but did not register its "fictitious name" until 2019 that could create the impression that the business was started at that time.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
If you get a "we need more time to review your application" response when submitting online, is that a good sign you at least passed the 5/24 Rule but they need more time to review your business information? The 5/24 requirement just seems like an easy thing their system could check real-time and save themselves "more time" by easily weeding out ones that don't meet that clear requirement right at the start. Or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.