Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by cesco.g
I am sorry, but here are the cards listed in the wiki, with only two INK cards in there. Not sure, where to look ....
If only there was a Chase website people could use.....
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
All cards with the word INK in the product name are business cards. There are three INK cards currently open for applications:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...preferred.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...lic-offer.html

Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Thanks, mia. For some reason, the links do not come up.
In the meantime I found a line-up here:
https://creditcards.chase.com/all-cr...KW&F42G=Y71UH0
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:30 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Thanks, mia. For some reason, the links do not come up.
Please clarify. All three are threads in this forum, and I have verified that all three open when clicked.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's funny. When I click on the links directly in your post, a new window opens in my browser with the txt "page not found".
Maybe it's my PC/browser ........
OTOH, clicking on the chase link in my post above, pulls up the Chase website just fine.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:58 am

Would anyone simply upgrade to the CSR from CSP without bonus eligibility? Curious to see what others think of this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Helpmeout
Would anyone simply upgrade to the CSR from CSP without bonus eligibility? Curious to see what others think of this.
Yes, people do this for the travel credit x 2, increased Chase portal redemption rate, Priority Pass, etc. If you want the CSR and you're lol/24, the path of least resistance to obtaining it is to upgrade another card.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Jan 12, 2019 at 3:59 pm Reason: Wording
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Helpmeout
If by simple you mean direct, then yes. But this product change comes with three hurdles 1) standard stuff such as being in the same family of cards, 2) Chase-specific requirements such as time constraints, the Preferred must be a year old, 3) the Reserve would be an upgrade from Preferred, so there is a higher credit limit requirement, maybe a higher credit score is needed too, I dont know if youll be asked for current salary or other personal stuff. Perhaps someone who has gone through the process can chime in.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
If by simple you mean direct, then yes. But this product change comes with three hurdles 1) standard stuff such as being in the same family of cards, 2) Chase-specific requirements such as time constraints, the Preferred must be a year old, 3) the Reserve would be an upgrade from Preferred, so there is a higher credit limit requirement, maybe a higher credit score is needed too, I dont know if youll be asked for current salary or other personal stuff. Perhaps someone who has gone through the process can chime in.
Yeah I'm not worried about credit limit or qualifying for the card as I am way below the 5/24 rule. I just hate to miss out on qualifying bonuses.
Was thinking about just adding an AMEX Gold to the wallet due to high (50K) signup. I currently have a CFU, CSP and I think an Amex Gold could pair nicely potentially.
Anyone have this trio?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:44 am

I've had my CSP for years, so that's not an issue for me. I was thinking of signing up for CSR, however, I'm a bit confused here. I got the Ink Preferred bonus about a year ago and then cancelled it about 6 months ago. Does that bonus make me ineligible for the CSR bonus?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:49 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AnthonyF1227
.... Ink Preferred bonus about a year ago and then cancelled it about 6 months ago. Does that bonus make me ineligible for the CSR bonus?
No, INK and Freedom cards are irrelevant. Only Sapphire branded cards are mentioned in the terms:

The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
I'm wanting to get the CSR card and hope you all can help me with my strategy to do so. My main objective is to retain as much of my credit line as possible and also keep my oldest card history while maximizing the signup bonus. Currently, I hold the following Chase cards:
  • Sapphire Preferred ($65K credit limit, have had for 8+ years)
  • IHG ($9K limit)
  • Marriott ($9K limit)
  • I'm also an Authorized User on my wife's Ink Plus which we use for 5X on business purchases
My original thought was to downgrade my Preferred to a Freedom Unlimited and in order to preserve my history and my large line of credit. Then wait a couple of weeks and apply for the CSR to obtain the 50K bonus, perhaps even closing my Marriott card and moving the credit line there since that card is not useful to me anymore.

Is this the proper plan of attack? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:49 am

That seems pretty reasonable to me. And you are absolutely right that you want to retain that history, thus downgrading is the best option. Freedom or Freedom Unlimited is up to you.

On the initial query, they may deny your CSR app with that much credit line already extended. If so you can then move however much off the downgraded card, and the Marriott, to establish whatever limit you would prefer.

Not saying they would deny you for that, but just in case they do they are pretty good with approving if you're willing to move line from one card to another.

I would wait a month or so between the downgrade and the new application. There is a bit of a delay for all of their systems to catch-up and sync with the downgrade changes. I don't think it actually takes that long, it might only be a week, but better safe than sorry.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Thanks for the reply. So, downgrading does truly retain the age of the account?

Also, good call on waiting for a month. I would be in no hurry to apply and just would use the Freedom Unlimited on all purchases until the CSR was in my hands - then convert everything (other than the business expenses) over to that.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Thanks for the reply. So, downgrading does truly retain the age of the account?

Also, good call on waiting for a month. I would be in no hurry to apply and just would use the Freedom Unlimited on all purchases until the CSR was in my hands - then convert everything (other than the business expenses) over to that.
Yes, it does. Same account number but with diff exp date and CVV (probably).

You may want to consider lowering the $65K credit limit on the CSP prior to applying for the CSR.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 11:22 am

Transfer products to Chase Sapphire Reserve and 48 mo restriction

desparately wanting back into the CSR card. Had around 1.5 -2 years ago (received bonus) and cancelled.

Wondering if if I call or go into branch, could I transfer Chase Freedom or other cards into it. Dont care about getting another bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.