Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months from bonus to next application, started in Aug. 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I got billed for the AF in September.

So I guess I can cancel between now and Sept and try to pick up CIP.

Then after canceling CSR, try to get the CSP bonus.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:49 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by wco81

Then after canceling CSR, try to get the CSP bonus.
When did you receive the bonus for Sapphire Reserve? Add 48 months.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by mia
When did you receive the bonus for Sapphire Reserve? Add 48 months.

I got it in the 11/12/16 to 12/11/16 billing cycle.

So end of this year but maybe not wait until the last minute to cancel it. So I would park my points in Chase Freedom or Chase Ink Plus or Chase Business Unlimited until about a year from now.

In the interim, apply for Chase Ink Preferred and then apply for CSP maybe in November or December.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Why speculate?

A lot can happen between now and then. Don't worry about what you can and cannot do, until it has been 48 months since your SUB. JMHO
Happy likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:49 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
A lot can happen between now and then...
Which is the very reason why we make plans and alternate plans, so we're ready beforehand. Silly us.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:55 pm

Sapphire preferred annual fee

I just got my Chase Sapphire Preferred card, and in the very first month, a $95 annual membership fee is charged! Does anyone have their fee waived?
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:18 pm
mia

Originally Posted by ACVid
....in the very first month, a $95 annual membership fee is charged!
This is normal unless you applied for an offer which waived the first year fee. You need to pay it this time, but next year you can try to negotiate a bonus to offset the fee. Read here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...rs-2020-a.html
Old May 6, 2020, 10:26 am

Folks to be clear, to get the 60k bonus on Preferred Sapphire, you should not have gotten bonus on either CSR or CSP the last 48 months. Correct? Thanks
Old May 6, 2020, 10:30 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sam007
Folks to be clear, to get the 60k bonus on Preferred Sapphire, you should not have gotten bonus on either CSR or CSP the last 48 months. Correct? Thanks
Correct. (You also cannot currently own another Sapphire card.)
Old May 6, 2020, 12:00 pm
RNE

As the 48-month deadline approaches, I'm wondering if Chase will pull the rug out from under us again (like it did prior to the 24-month mark)? Sixty months, anyone? Seventy-two? We'll find out.
Old May 26, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
As the 48-month deadline approaches, I'm wondering if Chase will pull the rug out from under us again (like it did prior to the 24-month mark)? Sixty months, anyone? Seventy-two? We'll find out.
I am worried this may be the case as well. The glut of new CSR applications came in late August(ish) 2016. So those like me who hit the minimum spend fairly quickly are looking at late September or October for the 48 month mark since bonus was paid out. I had cancelled my CSR 2 years ago in anticipation reapplying under the old 24 month rule - only to have them change the rules right before I hit that mark. In the meantime I have built up a stash of points from a Freedom Unlimited and hope to move those over to a CSR account later this year. Or, if Chase again moves the goal post I may just cash out and quit playing their game. Plenty of other good options out there.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:42 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Given that Chase is trying to make the best of it by allowing existing Sapphire Reserve card holders to apply their travel credit towards groceries, would it make sense for newcomers that Chase may take it a step further by increasing the signup bonus that's presently 50K?
Old Jun 15, 2020, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
Given that Chase is trying to make the best of it by allowing existing Sapphire Reserve card holders to apply their travel credit towards groceries, would it make sense for newcomers that Chase may take it a step further by increasing the signup bonus that's presently 50K?
i dont understand your question. are you asking if chase would consider increasing the CSR SUB anytime soon? IMHO no. chase is hurting. look at all the CSR changes from the past 4 years since the armageddon event of 2016. only fools thought chase won the CC game with millennials and the CSR would never change. matter of fact, people were calling "benefits too rich", "deval in 3 2 1..." right away.

and now chase is directing everyone towards their basic CSP with a higher bonus + 48 month rule so they dont bleed more benefits. chase doesnt want more CSR customers. thats why TPG keeps pushing the CSP. they have also stopped with the nice CSR box packages and just send their CC via regular envelope like a village peasant. its very clear what chase is trying to do.

i wouldnt be surprised if chase implemented a lifetime bonus rule just on the sapphire cards like amex.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jun 15, 2020 at 3:09 am
Old Jun 15, 2020, 4:18 am
mia

Chase changed the INK Preferred offer from 80,000 for $5,000 spend to 100,000 for $15,000 spend. We could see a higher offer for Sapphire Reserve, but I would expect it to be coupled with a much higher spend requirement -and- more stringent credit requirements.
alvinroast and GundamWing01 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:59 am
RNE

Originally Posted by GundamWing01
i wouldnt be surprised if chase implemented a lifetime bonus rule just on the sapphire cards...
That would surprise me, but I do expect some switcheroo from Chase as the 48-month point approaches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.