Search

New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by briang191
Would you convert a freedom unlimited to normal freedom card?
YMMV but I definitely would (and have) especially if you can/want to MS the 5x categories. I mean even if you max out 5x for only 1 quarter that's 7500 UR. Since the Unlimited only earns 0.5x more per dollar than the regular Freedom, you'd need $5k in spend to earn that, but more importantly if you used a regular freedom you'd still have earned 5k points. So I look at the differential and it's just easier to earn way more points with a regular Freedom card. The FU can make sense if you have tons of non-bonus category spend, but I don't, and even if you did it would be more rewarding to just use that spend towards more sign up bonuses. I've earned 30k in the last 2 quarters by MSing my 2 freedoms, way easier to do that than spend $20k on a FU.
briang191 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:05 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yes. Many of us have multiple regular Freedom cards. I sadly only have 2.
Be careful. Three are a blessing and a curse to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.