FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1863747-new-chase-rule-only-one-sapphire-card.html)

budumpst Apr 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Ah okay, so the bonus is treated as the same family card product. That's a bummer. Have lots of travel purchases to do soon but my 24 months is still 2-3 months to go :(

Thank you for the link. I only looked through page 1 before posting :P

pallhedge Apr 20, 2018 6:06 am

Originally Posted by budumpst (Post 29662773)
Ah okay, so the bonus is treated as the same family card product.

For Sapphire products yes, (and Southwest personal cards now too), For Freedom and Ink products, it's per card, not per card family.

budumpst Apr 20, 2018 7:03 am

If I got my bonus in June statement '16, should I apply for CSR right after the statement date? (I'll downgrade current CSP weeks before)

pallhedge Apr 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by budumpst (Post 29663729)
If I got my bonus in June statement '16, should I apply for CSR right after the statement date? (I'll downgrade current CSP weeks before)

Yes, but add a couple days extra just to be sure.

budumpst Apr 22, 2018 9:04 am

Gotcha, thank you :)

jamebond Apr 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by budumpst (Post 29663729)

I am already product change from CSP to Freedom on April 20. When I asked the Chase's representative after finished Product change about how long do I have to wait before I can apply for CSR. She suggested that I should waited about 30 days before apply CSR that make sure that the system already update the I don't have CSP anymore.

Until now, when I am login to my chase account even on account type already change from CSP to Freedom, under the offer I still have offer refer that I am still hold CSP.
So, please be aware that if you are downgrade your CSP only a weeks and apply for CSR, I think the system still not update that you don't have CSP and you will be reject for the reason 'only 1 sapphire card allow'

mia Apr 25, 2018 9:54 am

Originally Posted by jamebond (Post 29680656)
... waited about 30 days ...'

Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...-rejected.html

SuperKirby Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm

I got the CSP in Feb 2014. In 2016 when the Reserve came out, due to reasons I was not approved, however was able to product change from CSP to CSR. Still have the CSR today, as well as the Freedom, Freedom Unlim, and United Explorer.

What do I need to do to obtain another Sapphire 50K bonus? I believe I am 1/24 right now.

pallhedge Aug 31, 2018 6:04 am

Originally Posted by SuperKirby (Post 30150385)
I got the CSP in Feb 2014. In 2016 when the Reserve came out, due to reasons I was not approved, however was able to product change from CSP to CSR. Still have the CSR today, as well as the Freedom, Freedom Unlim, and United Explorer.

What do I need to do to obtain another Sapphire 50K bonus? I believe I am 1/24 right now.

Product Change your CSR to a Freedom of your choice, wait a week, then apply. If you're going to apply for CSR, you can use your own referral link if you're able to create one now.

khlay Aug 31, 2018 10:03 am

Originally Posted by pallhedge (Post 30151479)
Product Change your CSR to a Freedom of your choice, wait a week, then apply. If you're going to apply for CSR, you can use your own referral link if you're able to create one now.

Really? You can still get referral bonus even you don't have the card anymore?

beltway Aug 31, 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by khlay (Post 30152329)

I think the implication is that
  • when you product-change/downgrade, you keep the same CC number; and
  • Chase's back-end systems interpret this as you still having the referring card, even though the card type/benefits/etc. has changed

pallhedge Aug 31, 2018 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by khlay (Post 30152329)

Yes. Save your own referral link while you still have the card. After product changing, that link can potentially work for months.

SuperKirby Sep 2, 2018 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge (Post 30151479)

thanks! basically I can have two regular freedom cards? (I already have a freedom and unlimited).

krazykanuck Sep 2, 2018 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by SuperKirby (Post 30158945)

thanks! basically I can have two regular freedom cards? (I already have a freedom and unlimited).

Yes. Many of us have multiple regular Freedom cards. I sadly only have 2.

briang191 Sep 2, 2018 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 30159304)
Yes. Many of us have multiple regular Freedom cards. I sadly only have 2.

Would you convert a freedom unlimited to normal freedom card?