FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   New Chase rule: only one Sapphire card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1863747-new-chase-rule-only-one-sapphire-card.html)

khlay Sep 1, 2017 10:42 am

Originally Posted by 9Benua (Post 28764788)
I rarely use my freedom card outside their 5% category.

I don't use it outside the category neither. But with some categories like restaurants this season and grocery last time, $1500 is not enough.
Last season, I maxed out two cards and luckily we have three.

briang191 Sep 1, 2017 10:48 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28764750)
15,000 points is a small bonus?

Compared to 50k 80k or 100k I would say yes. after seeing 15,000 I'm considering opening a new account since I'll have to wait 24 months for as sapphire bonus.

thank you.

Troopers Sep 1, 2017 10:53 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28760034)
Need a business to get an Ink.

Many have a fake business and able to obtain the Ink (and other business cards).

9Benua Sep 1, 2017 11:28 am

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28764845)
Having additional Freedom cards allows us to take advantage of the 5% category spend to a higher dollar limit. Example: Our three cards gives us 5% on up to $4500.00 spend.

Originally Posted by khlay (Post 28764865)
I don't use it outside the category neither. But with some categories like restaurants this season and grocery last time, $1500 is not enough.
Last season, I maxed out two cards and luckily we have three.

Oic, the only category which we close to our 3k limit is grocery. I don't see us getting over for other.

bbriscoe34 Sep 1, 2017 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by ridgebackpilot (Post 28751550)
Not certain but I believe that's how they'll handle it.

Honestly I'm not too concerned about the AF on the CSR. With the $300 in travel credit annually, it's really a $150 AF card. And you can make that up easily in UR benefits alone.

Yes, but that is just to get back to break even. Then you really have to spend quite a bit more to start making actual money using the card, which not everyone will do, especially if they make some everyday purchases on SPG, or are trying to get to Diamond HH status on HHonors Surpass.

RNE Sep 1, 2017 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28764918)
Many have a fake business and able to obtain the Ink (and other business cards).

Still.

philemer Sep 1, 2017 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 28762026)
My guess is that Authorized Users are eligible to open accounts in their own name, earn bonuses, etc because that's industry norm.

Yes.

philemer Sep 1, 2017 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 28764918)

Many have failed too. Chase reps often grill folks pretty hard.

briang191 Sep 1, 2017 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 28766911)

I applied in branch for business ink preferred. No grilling at all.

GoGreen Sep 2, 2017 11:05 am

Questions about Sapphire applied for/not yet approved ....

BACKGROUND: On Aug 20, my spouse and I both applied for the Sapphire Preferred. We each already have the Sapphire Reserve. The decisions were deferred. Chase called me and grilled me hard about my income, mortgage, etc. They approved my Preferred on August 26 (I called and verified this date and also that I will receive the bonus):)

They sent a letter to my spouse saying "We received an application for a Chase Sapphire Visa signature account with your name and SS number on it. We need to verify that the application is yours. Please call us to confirm your application ... at your earliest convenience - 1-800-278-8830 - M-F 8 a.m. to 8 p.m ... Here's what happens next. Once we can verify that the application is yours, we'll continue processing your request. If we don't receive the information within 30 days of the date of this letter, we'll no longer consider your application."

QUESTIONS:
1. If they approve his card, will he get the bonus, since the D-Date of August 27 has passed?
2. Are they just asking him for ID verification, like copy of DL and utility bill, or will they grill him ala Spanish Inquisition (e.g. where is your income from, how long have you been receiving it, yada yada)?:confused:

kerrigjl Sep 3, 2017 8:02 am

Online prequal does not bypass the new rule; wife was rejected for CSP (she's a CSR holder) the day the announcement came out, and the letter listed the reason as being the prohibition against more than one Sapphire product.

GoGreen Sep 3, 2017 10:44 am

Originally Posted by kerrigjl (Post 28770965)
Online prequal does not bypass the new rule; wife was rejected for CSP (she's a CSR holder) the day the announcement came out, and the letter listed the reason as being the prohibition against more than one Sapphire product.

Thanks ... So are you saying that she applied several days before the new rule was announced, and on announcement day she received a letter in the mail? Or the letter was dated on announcement day?

kerrigjl Sep 3, 2017 11:11 am

Originally Posted by GoGreen (Post 28771419)
Thanks ... So are you saying that she applied several days before the new rule was announced, and on announcement day she received a letter in the mail? Or the letter was dated on announcement day?

App was on announcement day, but in the spirit of being the data point, we applied anyway (we were intending to, but we got greedy hoping for a better in branch offer... pigs get fat, and all of that). Not sure when the letter was dated, but it was received yesterday.

Just applied for CIP, so we'll see how that one goes!

Troopers Sep 3, 2017 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 28765455)
Still.

Still what? Contrary to your statement, a fake business does not preclude someone from obtaining a business card.

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 28766911)

True but failure is not limited to fake businesses.

jjmiller69 Sep 3, 2017 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by GoGreen (Post 28768451)
Questions about Sapphire applied for/not yet approved ....

BACKGROUND: On Aug 20, my spouse and I both applied for the Sapphire Preferred. We each already have the Sapphire Reserve. The decisions were deferred. Chase called me and grilled me hard about my income, mortgage, etc. They approved my Preferred on August 26 (I called and verified this date and also that I will receive the bonus):)

They sent a letter to my spouse saying "We received an application for a Chase Sapphire Visa signature account with your name and SS number on it. We need to verify that the application is yours. Please call us to confirm your application ... at your earliest convenience - 1-800-278-8830 - M-F 8 a.m. to 8 p.m ... Here's what happens next. Once we can verify that the application is yours, we'll continue processing your request. If we don't receive the information within 30 days of the date of this letter, we'll no longer consider your application."

QUESTIONS:
1. If they approve his card, will he get the bonus, since the D-Date of August 27 has passed?
2. Are they just asking him for ID verification, like copy of DL and utility bill, or will they grill him ala Spanish Inquisition (e.g. where is your income from, how long have you been receiving it, yada yada)?:confused:

1. It would be the bonus on the day of the App. So if it was 7 days before the change he will get the bonus.

2. It should be very similar to your phone call from Chase but again ymmv depending on the agent or CSR.