Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019

Subscribe
Quote: My SO is currently 1/24 and is interested in both the ink preferred as SW biz for a companion pass. Are there any restrictions for applying for 2 bus cards within 1-2 weeks of each other?

Thanks!
Yes.
Quote: Seems the writing is on the wall IHG and all other Chase cards going 5/24
Family member (way over 5/24) applied for the Hyatt card on 11/20/18.

Just got the expected decision, which was a denial due to "too many credit cards opened in the last two years".
From what I've read, the additional 5/24 restrictions took effect 11/18.
Quote: Family member (way over 5/24) applied for the Hyatt card on 11/20/18.

Just got the expected decision, which was a denial due to "too many credit cards opened in the last two years".
A number of posts seem to indicate that 5/24 now applies to the Hyatt card. But AFAIK there aren't enough DPs to be sure it applies to IHG cards. Chase may be less eager to approve IHG apps, just as they are less eager to approve Business cards, but that's different from a hard coded 5/24 restriction. Anyone know otherwise?
Chase Sapphire Application Unavailable
Disregard was able to link through another website
Deleted
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help.

Is it still the case that Chase will allow 3/30 as long as 1 is a bus card and 2 are personals?

Secondly, is it possible to receive 2 personal card bonuses with SW? I am looking to get the personal and premier to get the companion pass. I would do the business however just applied for the CIP.
Quote: Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help.

Is it still the case that Chase will allow 3/30 as long as 1 is a bus card and 2 are personals?

Secondly, is it possible to receive 2 personal card bonuses with SW? I am looking to get the personal and premier to get the companion pass. I would do the business however just applied for the CIP.
There is no Chase 3/30. Here are the Chase 2/30 and 1/30 rules:
  • When applying for a Chase personal card, you must not have applied for more than 1 Chase card (biz or personal) in the last 30 days.
  • When applying for a Chase business card, you must not have applied for any other Chase cards in the last 30 days.
There have been exceptions to these rules, but they are rare.

For Southwest personal cards, you can't be approved for one while holding the other.
Diplomatico likes this.
If i add someone as an authorized user without a social (using a passport), will it be counted towards his/her 5/24 with chase?
deleted
Quote: There is no Chase 3/30. Here are the Chase 2/30 and 1/30 rules:
  • When applying for a Chase personal card, you must not have applied for more than 1 Chase card (biz or personal) in the last 30 days.
  • When applying for a Chase business card, you must not have applied for any other Chase cards in the last 30 days.

For Southwest personal cards, you can't be approved for one while holding the other.

Thanks! If i am not approved for my CIP, will this restrict me from getting the SW even if the account does not open?

In regards to the SW, i've been reading that folks here can get both SW offers for the CP in case they can't get the bus card, am i misreading this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...nflight_offer/
Quote: There is no Chase 3/30. Here are the Chase 2/30 and 1/30 rules:
If there's consensus around this--and it's unclear to me whether that's the case--then it would be a good thing to update FAQ #1 in the wiki. The current, longstanding guidance is much fuzzier.
Quote: If there's consensus around this--and it's unclear to me whether that's the case--then it would be a good thing to update FAQ #1 in the wiki. The current, longstanding guidance is much fuzzier.
Then you should just google "Chase 2/30 rule" or "Chase 1/30 rule" and you'll find that pallhedge's explanations are accurate.
pallhedge likes this.
Quote: Thanks! If i am not approved for my CIP, will this restrict me from getting the SW even if the account does not open?
You would still need to wait 30 days, but if you're not approved for CIP, I'm not sure a SW biz application would meet with more success.
Quote: In regards to the SW, i've been reading that folks here can get both SW offers for the CP in case they can't get the bus card, am i misreading this?
https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...nflight_offer/
That's a loophole with few data points.
I want to apply for Freedom Unlimited. Currently have 4 Chase personal and 2 business (most recent apps were 1 biz in 9/2018 and 1 pers 1/2018). I'm under 5/24. Is there any reason I shouldn't go ahead and apply? Do they limit total Chase cards? I'm reading 6-7 on blogs but want to hear what general consensus is here. I've lowered credit limits before applying in the past, but I don't think I need to do that right now b/c if needed can ask them to shift credit.