FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-2019-a.html)

gumercindo Feb 23, 2017 2:03 pm

Is Chase stricter on their 5/24 rule or their 2/30 (or whatever it is) rule for biz/pers?

I got the ink biz preferred in early feb. I got greedy and applied for the Ink biz cash just a week later and was denied for too many requests. I tried to withdraw my app but I guess I was too late.

I plan to apply for the CSR in branch in a week or so. Am I at risk for getting denied on that one as well?

groundhog Feb 23, 2017 4:40 pm

I have applied for Ritz-Carlton card and it's still pending for 4 weeks. The status on the phone line says "7-10 business days". Should I call now or still wait?

David Simon Feb 24, 2017 8:41 am

Approval at 2 years + 1 day

Originally Posted by David Simon (Post 27939755)
I've seen a few posts saying they've had luck applying the month following falling under 5/24. Haven't seen any posts about people who have applied right after the fall below during the same calendar month. Assuming my Ink doesn't count, I drop to 4/24 on Thursday and 3/24 on Friday. I have several thousand dollars of deposits to make on March 1 so would really love to get CSR this month.

Credit Score over 800 so not worried on that front. Any data on denials during the month when you fall under? (I'll be applying in branch if that matters).

Following up on this. Approved for CSR immediately in branch just now. I dropped to 4/24 yesterday (or, if they do count Ink cards, dropped to 4/24 today).

beltway Feb 24, 2017 10:52 am

Originally Posted by David Simon (Post 27952358)
Following up on this. Approved for CSR immediately in branch just now. I dropped to 4/24 yesterday (or, if they do count Ink cards, dropped to 4/24 today).

I've inserted a new FAQ #5,
How does Chase calculate the relevant 24-month period? By calendar months? By exact days?
attempting to address the issue raised here. Comments welcome, especially if there are other relevant reports I've overlooked.

pop311 Feb 24, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm 7/24 and just asked in branch to check for pre approvals and was told that I was pre approved for "all cards that we show". This meant Slate, FU, and CSP. I asked about CSR and she said that "no one is able to be pre approved" and that you'd just have to apply. I asked if that meant that I specifically wasn't pre approved, and she just said that no one was allowed to be pre approved. She had the screen protector on her screen and I didn't feel comfortable craning my neck to see if the screen was green for the CSR. Was I being fed a line about the no pre approvals for CSR or has anyone heard about something new? My plan is to try a different branch tomorrow.

RedElmo Feb 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by pop311 (Post 27954896)
I'm 7/24 and just asked in branch to check for pre approvals and was told that I was pre approved for "all cards that we show". This meant Slate, FU, and CSP. I asked about CSR and she said that "no one is able to be pre approved" and that you'd just have to apply. I asked if that meant that I specifically wasn't pre approved, and she just said that no one was allowed to be pre approved. She had the screen protector on her screen and I didn't feel comfortable craning my neck to see if the screen was green for the CSR. Was I being fed a line about the no pre approvals for CSR or has anyone heard about something new? My plan is to try a different branch tomorrow.

Its been like this since Jan. There are no more pre-approvals for the CSR (for the time being) Perhaps in the future after March 12th when the bonus is 50K

pop311 Feb 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo (Post 27954917)
Its been like this since Jan. There are no more pre-approvals for the CSR (for the time being) Perhaps in the future after March 12th when the bonus is 50K

So that means that if you're 5/24 or greater there's literally no chance in getting the current 100k CSR in-branch offer (or the CSR at all)?

RedElmo Feb 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by pop311 (Post 27954959)
So that means that if you're 5/24 or greater there's literally no chance in getting the current 100k CSR in-branch offer (or the CSR at all)?

Ya... pretty much... pretty much no chance since they're really strict with the 5/24 now... my mom is 7/24 and no way to get it... she tried and no dice :(

cheaptom Feb 24, 2017 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by RedElmo (Post 27954917)

I second that. I was in the branch, and the clerk removed his screen protector and let me see everything. I didn't quite believe him, but he showed me.

He then talked me into applying anyway for the CSR, even though I have dozens of apps within 24 months. He didn't seem too aware of the 5/24 rule, and he thought I had a good approval chance since the app was coming from him. Declined!!

nwflyboy Feb 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by cheaptom (Post 27955151)
I second that. I was in the branch, and the clerk removed his screen protector and let me see everything. I didn't quite believe him, but he showed me.

He then talked me into applying anyway for the CSR, even though I have dozens of apps within 24 months. He didn't seem too aware of the 5/24 rule, and he thought I had a good approval chance since the app was coming from him. Declined!!

I'm not surprised. IME the staff in Chase banks are completely clueless about all this stuff. You should not rely on them for anything. If you want anything like accurate info, your best source is right here.

Uga_fan Feb 28, 2017 8:40 am

Newbie Chase Southwest Plus 50k question

I applied for the Southwest Plus card 2/3/15. I am fairly certain that I fulfilled the spend requirements for the 50k in the first month. My question is: can I get it again now while they are running the 50k bonus again? It's been over 24 months since I applied the first time but I am unsure about when I received the 50k bonus. If anyone knows how this work and has a minute to reply, I would appreciate it. Thanks

philemer Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Uga_fan (Post 27969559)
I applied for the Southwest Plus card 2/3/15. I am fairly certain that I fulfilled the spend requirements for the 50k in the first month. My question is: can I get it again now while they are running the 50k bonus again? It's been over 24 months since I applied the first time but I am unsure about when I received the 50k bonus. If anyone knows how this work and has a minute to reply, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Mod Hat On:

I moved your post to the appropriate forum & your answer can be found in the WIKI above.

Mod Hat Off:

Basically, you have to wait 24 months from the date your last bonus points posted. If you don't remember that date you'll have to guess. I'd wait until May to be sure. These 50K SWA offers come and go so you'll see it again.

gumercindo Mar 1, 2017 2:30 pm

question...

DP: I got the ink preferred back in early Feb - no issue. I was at 1/24 then. I then applied for the Ink Cash a couple weeks later and last week I received the "too many apps in a short timeframe" denial, which I believe it was their 2/30 biz card denial. I have 800+ fico and a very good income.

DP2: I plan to get the CSR in branch this week. Will I have an issue?

I plan to recon Ink Cash. Question is, should I do it after I secure the CSR or before? Does it matter as long as I'm beyond the 30 days from the first ink biz CC?

TIA!

sooner16 Mar 2, 2017 8:33 am

This wasn't in the Wiki, so I wanted to ask:

Can the cobranded Chase cards that are not subjected to 5/24 (IHG, Disney, Ritz-Carlton, etc) have their limits combined into one of the Chase brand cards (F5, FU, CSP?)

RobertHanson Mar 2, 2017 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Uga_fan (Post 27969559)

I think if you SM Chase and ask when you got that bonus they will tell you the date. ;)