FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017-2019 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-2019-a.html)

David Simon Mar 8, 2017 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra (Post 28006850)
Does anyone know if chase goes exactly by open dates to determine 5/24? I have tried reading blogs/posts and am not clear. Some suggest the entire month counts.

I was 5/24 but my oldest of the 5 was on March-02-2015. That should mean that I am 4/24 as of today. There are only a few days left until the CSR bonus runs out.

Does anyone know if Chase will see this as 4/24 or will that only happen in April?

Both my wife and I got approved in the last two weeks the day after we dropped to 4/24.

SpammersAreScum Mar 8, 2017 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by mary mary (Post 28011013)
Just to give an update. I waited 48 hours as someone suggested. No card or notice in Chase.c"om. Called automated status line and got "pending 30 day" response. Then called the recon line. Was told that the problem was too much credit with Chase so I moved 15K from another card and was instantly approved.

Next time I'll remember to reduce credit limits before applying for cards.

That's something I forgot to do. The CL they gave me on the new CSR is OK, but will occasionally be a bit tight. I already had a Marriott card with a much higher limit -- waaaaay more than I'd ever use even if I weren't about to cancel (AF is due early Apr). So now I need to request a CL rebalance between the two.

8tracks Mar 9, 2017 12:07 pm

Data point:

3/7: Applied for Marriott Biz while sitting at 14/24 (11 personal, 3 biz). Still holding Ink Plus**. Used SSN as Sole Proprietor - 1 year in business, $300 in biz inc. Received "we need to review your request... let you know by mail... up to 30 days".

3/8: Called automated status line. I was approved.

3/9: Logged into Chase and saw new Marriott biz w/ $8k limit. (About half what I'm usually offered for a personal card.)

**Applied in-branch last year for Ink Plus. Branch rep grilled me, and apologized while doing so, in person and twice more over the phone due to all the underwriter requests. Eventually I was given a card w/ a $5k limit, but needed to spend $5k for the intro bonus.

kbaum91 Mar 9, 2017 4:13 pm

I signed up for the sapphire last month and got the sign up bonus. I want my husband to sign up for the sapphire too, but I added him as an authorized user to my sapphire already (dang it!!). Does that mean he can't get the card/points under his own name?

svirfnebli Mar 9, 2017 5:12 pm

How frequently can you open new chase business cards?

Currently at 4/24 and want to apply for another non-chase card so I need to complete my chase cards before applying. I want to apply for the Marriott business 80k offer but was approved for business ink preffered on 12/2016. Will chase let me open another business card after only 3 months?

other info of note is I got the CSR 1 month ago

Appleman Mar 9, 2017 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by kbaum91 (Post 28015953)
I signed up for the sapphire last month and got the sign up bonus. I want my husband to sign up for the sapphire too, but I added him as an authorized user to my sapphire already (dang it!!). Does that mean he can't get the card/points under his own name?

He can get the card under his own name.
If you have not yet paid the Authorized User Fee, you may be able to remove him and avoid the charge. If you have already been charged, it may be harder to remove the charge, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I added my wife as an AU, then decided to get her her own card. After she was instantly approved, I was able to get her taken off as an AU on my card without paying the fee.

Uga_fan Mar 10, 2017 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Uga_fan (Post 28008435)
So I applied for the Southwest Business card last night and got a "Decision Pending" when I submitted the app. I used my social as my business ID and a Sole Proprietor as business type. Never had a card not be immediately approved. Should I call the reconsideration line or wait for them to contact me? Full disclosure, I did get the Sapphire Reserve card in Jan and the Southwest Plus card two weeks ago. No other Chase applications over the past 24 months. No other Chase accounts open.

Called the 'Application Status' line. It references an application from 2/8 (Southwest Plus) as approved and says that I will receive something in the mail in 7-10 business days regarding the application from 3/7. Would they say approved or denied on the Status line?

SilverGGA Mar 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Applied for CSR in-branch. No instant approval. Automatic status phone call says decision in 2 weeks. Currently have 3 Chase cards (Freedom x 2 + CSP) with credit lines at 17k, 19k, and 35k.

I have just called in to reduce the credit lines to $15k, $15k, and $15k. Is this the right move?

highops Mar 10, 2017 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA (Post 28020665)
Applied for CSR in-branch. No instant approval. Automatic status phone call says decision in 2 weeks. Currently have 3 Chase cards (Freedom x 2 + CSP) with credit lines at 17k, 19k, and 35k.

I have just called in to reduce the credit lines to $15k, $15k, and $15k. Is this the right move?

Nope, it's too late if you don't get autoapproved. It's probably OK though as you have more to reallocate if they ask for that.

eajusa Mar 10, 2017 6:15 pm

I got approved and was told I can reallocate my Chase CLs anytime. If having too much CL was the reason for not being instantly approved, you did the right thing.

SilverGGA Mar 10, 2017 9:29 pm

If I reduce my credit today, and apply in-branch tomorrow, will it help?

jjmiller69 Mar 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA (Post 28021167)
If I reduce my credit today, and apply in-branch tomorrow, will it help?

It would probably show up as a duplicate. Since you applied today and then again tomorrow?

lima.beans Mar 11, 2017 3:27 am

So I'm pretty new to the points game. Got instant approved for the Sapphire Preferred a few months ago. Just applied for an Ink Preferred a few days ago. Got a "need to call this #" and called the number. The Rep asked about the business, etc. and was told that it needed to go to a higher level and I'll find out in 1-2 weeks. Also received a "30 day" email. I also signed up for a Freedom a little bit after. This probably messed my chances up because I also got a "30 day" email from the Freedom app. I'm currently 4/24 from my estimates.

Also got me an SPG Business Amex, instant approval.

happyvoid Mar 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Doesn't the marriot business have $99 annual fee why not apply for the marriot personal premier. I believe the premier is not 5/24

Originally Posted by 8tracks (Post 28014793)
Data point:

3/7: Applied for Marriott Biz while sitting at 14/24 (11 personal, 3 biz). Still holding Ink Plus**. Used SSN as Sole Proprietor - 1 year in business, $300 in biz inc. Received "we need to review your request... let you know by mail... up to 30 days".

3/8: Called automated status line. I was approved.

3/9: Logged into Chase and saw new Marriott biz w/ $8k limit. (About half what I'm usually offered for a personal card.)

**Applied in-branch last year for Ink Plus. Branch rep grilled me, and apologized while doing so, in person and twice more over the phone due to all the underwriter requests. Eventually I was given a card w/ a $5k limit, but needed to spend $5k for the intro bonus.

Furby Mar 11, 2017 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Furby (Post 27822079)
My 30 days are not up until Feb 20th! I will post after I apply, if you do the same we can help the community with more data points.

Applied for Ink Business Preferred in January and was rejected for too many application within 30 days, what everyone calls the 2/30 rule i think. (I had successfully applied for CSR a week or so beforehand). Tried again for Ink Business after about 6 weeks and rejected due to 5/24 rule. The rep specifically stated that they DO count Business Cards in the 5/24 total. I asked him what cards they counted and amongst the personal cards that I have he also read out the Chase Business card that I already had, which put me over the top. He did not mention the business card that I had from Citi. The Reserve card was my 5th within 2 years, was hoping that the existing Chase business card would not be counted, but it was. Will try again as soon as one of the cards rolls of in a few months!