Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:07 am

DP:
I am WAAAAY over 5/24 , but got approved in branch yesterday.
I had in the past month closed 3 existing chase cards and lowered CL on others. I do have a banking relationship with Chase.

This is a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy atmosphere.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:10 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by AugustWest
DP:
I am WAAAAY over 5/24 , but got approved in branch yesterday.
I had in the past month closed 3 existing chase cards and lowered CL on others.
Congrats to you. It was an instant approval without a pre-approval screen? How long did you wait after lowering the CL's and cancelling the cards? I've got 2 family members in that situation, and we're running out the clock to get an approval and a travel reimbursement by Dec statement close date.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Data point on earning the 100K bonus.

First statement closed last month with balance of $2053. Paid in full
Second statement just closed with balance of $1934. Awarded 100K.

Absolute total spend is $3987. Not sure why the 100K was awarded unless they were not factoring in refunds which were included in 2nd statement.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:55 am

DP in-branch approval

DP - way over 5/24 (probably ~15/24+ including AUs). Had 4 Chase personal cards - 2 of which were opened in March and 1 business card (ink+) opened in May (other 2 probably 10+ years old). Approved in branch on Friday with a healthy credit limit, metal card arrived yesterday. Credit score in the low 800s.

Rep said that I was preapproved but she had to call the lending dept to "verify a couple of things." Didn't have to move credit or anything. She handed me the phone after about 5 mins and the guy said "congrats, you've been approved."
Old Nov 2, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Congrats to you. It was an instant approval without a pre-approval screen? How long did you wait after lowering the CL's and cancelling the cards? I've got 2 family members in that situation, and we're running out the clock to get an approval and a travel reimbursement by Dec statement close date.
Less than two weeks after cancelling. I walked in and asked about pre-approval status. She looked at a screen and said basically "anything I wanted" (800+ FICO) and I asked about CSR. As noted above I also had to wait and speak a couple formalities on the phone while in office. No issues. Sorry for less than complete DP. Hope this helps.

I was also worried about timing. I have a Dec 22 closing date, so AOK.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:39 pm

do you have to be a chase banking customer to walk into the branch and get pre-approved? I believe I'm at 7 or 8/24. Applied right after it came out and was denied because I was above the 5/24 mark. One of those inquiries dropped off this month so I figured I'm one step closer.

Anybody have luck being properly pre-approved without having a chase bank account or any other chase accounts besides credit cards?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bullfrog23414
DP - way over 5/24 (probably ~15/24+ including AUs). Had 4 Chase personal cards - 2 of which were opened in March and 1 business card (ink+) opened in May (other 2 probably 10+ years old). Approved in branch on Friday with a healthy credit limit, metal card arrived yesterday. Credit score in the low 800s.

Rep said that I was preapproved but she had to call the lending dept to "verify a couple of things." Didn't have to move credit or anything. She handed me the phone after about 5 mins and the guy said "congrats, you've been approved."
do you have a chase bank account?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
DP - Originally applied when the card first launched and was denied at the time due to 5/24.

I live in NC so no Chase branches to try anything in-person. Fastforward to today and I was in NYC so I stopped by a Chase branch. I had the pre-approval (signed some form about it) and then she asked for ID, income, and if I wanted to make any balance transfer, pushed the button and I was approved on the spot with CSR already showing up in my Chase account with a healthy CL.

I do have a prior Chase relationship (checking + savings + CSP/Freedom/Hyatt) but not CPC. Will likely downgrade CSP to FU once I get the CSR in the mail.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by maddie5218
do you have to be a chase banking customer to walk into the branch and get pre-approved? I believe I'm at 7 or 8/24. Applied right after it came out and was denied because I was above the 5/24 mark. One of those inquiries dropped off this month so I figured I'm one step closer.

Anybody have luck being properly pre-approved without having a chase bank account or any other chase accounts besides credit cards?
If you have a credit card with Chase, you are potentially eligible for preapproval. Any existing relationship seems to be enough.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf

Absolute total spend is $3987. Not sure why the 100K was awarded unless they were not factoring in refunds which were included in 2nd statement.
Since one of those statements should include the $450 annual fee, your total spend is even less. Did you get some or all of the $300 travel credit? That will be subtracted from your statement balance but should not be subtracted from your total spend toward the 100K bonus.

What was the total of refunded charges in the second statement?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seawolf

The spend on the travel credit is included in the spend requirement even though you get the travel credit. That might be your reason unless you have not yet claimed the travel credit at all.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Was able to have chase overlook the 5/24 rule today and get my card approved. Only my TU report had fallen below 5/24. So I froze EX and EQ and applied and was able to move some limit from CSP and get approved. Interestingly, I have had more than 5 Chase cards in last 2 years, but Chase does not always report to TU, so I wasn't sure if they would look internally at my card count, and they didn't.

Hope this can help someone.
does chase pull TU in your location?

they pull experian in California unfortunate for me
Old Nov 2, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Need
Anyone knows if they are automatically replacing the early plastic card with metal one or you have to call to request a metal card now that they have it in stock?
Was wondering the same. I still have a plastic card from early September.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gusg
Since one of those statements should include the $450 annual fee, your total spend is even less. Did you get some or all of the $300 travel credit? That will be subtracted from your statement balance but should not be subtracted from your total spend toward the 100K bonus.

What was the total of refunded charges in the second statement?
Originally Posted by Happy
The spend on the travel credit is included in the spend requirement even though you get the travel credit. That might be your reason unless you have not yet claimed the travel credit at all.
I fully used the travel credit. The refunded items were captured in the 2nd statement.

Shouldn't the minimum spend to trigger the 100K be $4,150 ($4000 + $450 AF - $300 travel credit)? If so, I'm technically short so I'm planning to spend up to $4,150 just in case Chase does a claw back once they realize their mistake.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 1:21 am
cnk

I have a CSR with my spouse as an authorized user. Is that a mistake?

Should we instead have two separate CSRs, one for each of us? As it is, we pay $450+75 = $525 and we get the $300 annual travel credit, $100 for Global Entry, plus the 100k bonus for spending $4k.

But if we had two accounts, we'd spend $900 in annual fee, but get $600 annual travel credit (potentially double-dipping by signing up late in the calendar year), $200 for Global Entry, plus 2 of the 100k bonus. Did I goof? Should I remove my spouse and apply for another CSR? I guess the Global Entry thing is just once every 4 years or so. And the 100k bonus is a one-time thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.