Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is a continuation of:

New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]

Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy]

This card is subject to Chase's 5/24 policy. For information on (and discussion of) the policy, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

You can override 5/24 by having an in-branch pre-approval (only! online prequalification does NOT override 5/24), or by already being Chase Private Client (as in you see the "Chase Private Client" text on the login screen of the Chase mobile app.)

Landing page with bonus offer (100,000 UR after spending $4,000 in 90 days):

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...04&IS2F=Y71UH0

Application page: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...L3P&PROMO=DF01

100,000 UR points is worth $1,000 as statement credit, $1,500 when used for travel through the Chase portal, or potentially more if transferred to a partner.

Card features are here:https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/...reserve/travel. The card's Priority Pass includes unlimited guests. [Verified in Post #2635] Also verified by Chase

Chase Sapphire Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0511_Web.pdf

Chase Sapphire Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve

The card is made of the same material as the CSP, and is being shipped UPS Next Day Air.

How to determine your account number, expiration date, and shipping date before receiving the card
1. Send a secure message (SM) from the account. A common SM would be to ask about the sign-up bonus and last day to complete the spend requirement (which appears to be approximately 3.5 months from the date of approval).
2. Check the Sent Messages folder, and the full account number will be listed in the header of the message that you just sent. The number starts with 414720.
3. The expiration date is three years from the month of approval. So, if you were approved on August 31, 2016, your expiration date will be August 2019.
4. CVV2 number is not available, so if a merchant requires it for payment, you must wait for the physical card.
5. According to many reports, the card is not activated until it is shipped, which happens to be via UPS Next Day Air Saver (if shipped on Friday, you will not receive the card until Monday or the next business day). To find out when it is shipped, go to My UPS and sign up for a free account. You'll be notified when a shipment is destined for your address.
6. Contrary to what the customer service rep may tell you about the delivery of the card—such as the card will take 1-2 weeks or that expedited shipping is not available—the card is actually expedited and shipped via express shipping, as mentioned in #5. There is no need to ask for expedited shipping.

Priority Pass Select
Click HERE to read the separate thread discussing this benefit.
As soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card will take 1-2 weeks and can't be expedited, but members have reported success in charging the lounge access to the card and requesting a refund from Customer Service.
5. PP cards will be issued for the account holder and any AU(s)
6. According to Chase, CSR's PP membership includes guest access.

Duplicate Card
1. If you receive the plastic card, wait for the metal card to arrive automatically.
2. If you receive the metal card, send SM or call to request plastic card (for use with overseas merchants that require a card imprint, because you hate metal cards, whatever).
3. DO NOT request a replacement card (especially under any pretense that the card was lost or misplaced).
4. Both cards will have the same number, expiration and CVV. Both cards will work.
5. It appears that all CSR cards are sent overnight once produced, including the plastic 'replacement' cards. No need to request expedited shipping.

How to get bonus points on the first statement
Act very quickly; you may have less than a week. It depends on the timing of your first statement and when you receive the card. 4K in spending has to clear (not pending) about a week before the statement cuts in order to get the bonus points on that statement. Under "account details" you can see your first payment due date. Your closing date is usually three calendar days after your due date. For instance, if your very first bill is due October 20 that statement would close on September 23, and spending would have to clear by approximately September 16 in order to get the bonus points.
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:12 pm

They can ignore AU and store cards..my wife on 5 accounts out of which 1 is roomstogo store card..
We tried to apply for sapphire preferred in may and denied. Today evening applied online, approved after pending message and call to retention department..

Score is 758 (as per CK)

as i have more than 5 in last 2 years i didn't try..
Old Sep 28, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
We moved to a new city late last year and there's a conveniently located Chase bank near our new house. We opened savings and checkings accounts there and have established a relationship with the branch's employees. Along comes the Chase Reserve news and I start to flip out like anyone else. But, the 5/24 dragnet was going to ruin my chances for an instant approval. (Two of the 5 are AU's.) I asked my banker to look up and see if I had been pre-approved for the Reserve and he said, yes. That was a few weeks ago. I have been babysitting my credit reports all year bec I did not want inquiries that were not well thought out, and when the Reserve came out I felt I really needed my score to push up close to 800 to best present myself on a Reserve app. With adequate nervousness I went into the bank today and asked to apply for the Reserve and the whole thing took less than a minute. Instant approval (yay) and 27K CL (yay)! My banker doubts I'll receive a metal card but he told me the plastic version should reach me by early next week. So, I remain a bit puzzled that I got an instant approval bec I am sitting on five apps in the past 24 mos. Maybe the pre-approval and a high credit score pushed me over the finish line. I have no idea. Did not have to move around any credit, either, so "it's all good." I am feeling pretty happy!
You were also at 3/24. AU's are not suppose to count, only credit cards opened.
In my case I also had 2 AU's and 3 newer CC's in the last 2 years. Both AU's were with Chase and a phone call and I was approved. Maybe your Banker pointed that out to Chase on the application or maybe on manual review they saw they were AU's?
I also got the card last Wednesday and it was Metal, so they've gotten resupplied. If they don't run out again it will be metal.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
I just got a UPS My Choice email for a package that's coming from Ann Arbor, MI. That doesn't happen to be the fancy box that some people originally got with their CSRs, is it? Weirdly it's being shipped via UPS Ground instead of Next Day Air.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mingw
starting middle of september it seems all people are getting metal cards. however, those got plastic cards earlier are not getting metal replacement.
Yeah. Been checking my mail every day. Nothing. Wonder if I should bug them on SM or call?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by jjmiller69
You were also at 3/24. AU's are not suppose to count, only credit cards opened.
In my case I also had 2 AU's and 3 newer CC's in the last 2 years. Both AU's were with Chase and a phone call and I was approved. Maybe your Banker pointed that out to Chase on the application or maybe on manual review they saw they were AU's?
I also got the card last Wednesday and it was Metal, so they've gotten resupplied. If they don't run out again it will be metal.
I agree with you about the AU's supposing not to count but I have no idea if internally Chase has a program or coding to recognize AU's. I just didn't want to have a conversation with a Recon rep about AU's, etc. I wanted to strategize my app date with my having as many ducks in a positive row as possible so as to encourage an instant approval. I've laid low on new apps for nearly a year, suffering a bit as good offers showed up in the marketplace for 2016, which I wanted, but let pass on by. (Trying to reduce numbers of inquiries.) Waiting has not been easy so I'm really stoked about this Reserve card and feel a bit "rewarded" for being in the right place at the right time, totally by accident since who knew Chase would come out w/this goody.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:45 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I agree with you about the AU's supposing not to count but I have no idea if internally Chase has a program or coding to recognize AU's. I just didn't want to have a conversation with a Recon rep about AU's, etc. I wanted to strategize my app date with my having as many ducks in a positive row as possible so as to encourage an instant approval. I've laid low on new apps for nearly a year, suffering a bit as good offers showed up in the marketplace for 2016, which I wanted, but let pass on by. (Trying to reduce numbers of inquiries.) Waiting has not been easy so I'm really stoked about this Reserve card and feel a bit "rewarded" for being in the right place at the right time, totally by accident since who knew Chase would come out w/this goody.
As far as I know Chase doesn't have a app. In my case I had to call and point it out and get them to get it changed. I had cancelled the AU's 30+ days before I did the app. The only way it might work was you went through a Banker who maybe put a note on it? Good luck enjoy the card I plan on keeping mine for many years.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Applied over the weekend but got the "pending" which seemed odd as I am nowhere near 5/24. Called Tuesday morning to the reconsideration line to see what might be holding up the approval. Turns out they were willing to open it without issues, but wanted to do so by shifting some credit off of my current CSP which was fine with me.

They quoted 1-2 weeks to receive the card! I was able to log in immediately to see the card was there with the right CL.

That night I got an email from UPS for my package from Chase! It hit my doorstep today (i.e. one day after I called). Not home right now, so I don't know if it is plastic or metal, but I'm guessing plastic for now.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:06 pm

Spoke to a rep the other night about the metal card and she told me to expect mine around Oct 5-7th. I've had the plastic since Sept 8th.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by jasonvr
They quoted 1-2 weeks to receive the card! I was able to log in immediately to see the card was there with the right CL.
1-2 weeks is standard answer for all other cards. it's odd to me that now it's over 1 month since CSR started, yet all their reps don't know the card is sent out via UPS next day.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
I agree with you about the AU's supposing not to count but I have no idea if internally Chase has a program or coding to recognize AU's.
because they do count AUs.

they are willing to reconsider if you talk to them, but it's not automatic. they kept asking me whether I'm responsible for the payments that I listed as AU, and only would take them off if I claim not responsible.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mingw
AFAIK all cards are sent out overnight, typically the day after approval so you should have it thursday. of course, there's no guarantee it does arrive on time.
Following up on my post yesterday, seems like the card has been shipped via UPS next day. Package is 0.00lbs and coming from OH. Guess this is the plastic card?

Quite impressed about their quick turn around. Applied Monday, approved Tuesday morn, shipped Wed and will be delivered by noon Thurs.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Hyatt Exp.; Hilton/Marriott Gold; CSR; Citi Prestige; Amex Plat, EDP, Gold, etc.
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Following up on my post yesterday, seems like the card has been shipped via UPS next day. Package is 0.00lbs and coming from OH. Guess this is the plastic card?

Quite impressed about their quick turn around. Applied Monday, approved Tuesday morn, shipped Wed and will be delivered by noon Thurs.
I wouldn't read too much into the weight; it probably doesn't matter below a certain threshold and they don't bother. I was approved online late Monday night and received a metal card via UPS today.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:25 pm

Yep, seems like they're overnighting it a day after approval. Applied Tuesday around 12:30am. Just got a ups confirmation of delivery for tomorrow.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Sorry if this has been covered but doing searches and reading thread I have not found:

If you burn through the $300 travel credit in the first 90 days does that $300 not count towards the $4000 for sign up bonus much like the annual fee does not? Trying to figure out what the actual net out of pocket expense needed to hit is - $4450 or $4750. Does anyone know?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by uscjeff
Sorry if this has been covered but doing searches and reading thread I have not found:

If you burn through the $300 travel credit in the first 90 days does that $300 not count towards the $4000 for sign up bonus much like the annual fee does not? Trying to figure out what the actual net out of pocket expense needed to hit is - $4450 or $4750. Does anyone know?
The $300 won't count towards the minimum spend. I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.