FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chase | Ultimate Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards-722/)
-   -   Chase Sapphire Reserve [Initial application frenzy] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1787207-chase-sapphire-reserve-initial-application-frenzy.html)

dukenilnil Aug 23, 2016 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Napagoer (Post 27109953)
Applied yesterday, got instant approval. Just received a notification from UPS that I will be getting a delivery tomorrow from Chase Card Services. Exciting!!!

Same. I also never asked for expedited shipping so maybe overnighting is SOP

JMWEEZ Aug 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by Napagoer (Post 27109953)
Applied yesterday, got instant approval. Just received a notification from UPS that I will be getting a delivery tomorrow from Chase Card Services. Exciting!!!

Me too. I requested expedited delivery but was told it couldn't happen. Nice to see it's being overnighted anyways.

RobUAIntl Aug 23, 2016 6:49 pm

If I already have CSP and I get the new CSR card, does that mean my existing UR points will increase in value if I buy travel on the UR portal?

smurov Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Newyorker1905 (Post 27109756)
Does TSA or Global Entry reimbursement has to match card holder name? Can I use it for my wife and kids if I already have it for myself and still get reimbursed?

From what I understand, no it does not have to match the card holder name.

Shombolar Aug 23, 2016 6:53 pm

Thanks for the UPS My Choice tip.

I was approved online Monday morning and had a UPS message waiting saying that the card would be delivered tomorrow (Wednesday) -- 48 hour turnaround without having to request the expedited delivery.

homanga Aug 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl (Post 27110022)
If I already have CSP and I get the new CSR card, does that mean my existing UR points will increase in value if I buy travel on the UR portal?

You can immediately transfer all the UR points to the CSR and they gain value from 1.25 to 1.5

travelpye Aug 23, 2016 6:58 pm

8/24 so based on what I read here and on Reddit, decided best chance was to apply in branch. I went to branch and found I was preapproved.
Applied and approved instantly.
Fico 808
Checking with Chase 5 years, savings 1 year.
6 current personal Chase cards
Income 80k
Not CPC

And let me just add..Woo Hoo! I am excited. I had been sure I was out of luck due to 5/24. very happy.

givingitatry Aug 23, 2016 7:02 pm

here is my dilemma, went to chase branch and found out not pre-appoved. Banker only asked for drivers license not SSN, so not sure how they looked up. Anyway, I am at 5/24 with last card being CSP 3 weeks ago but not showing on creditkarma. My oldest drops off end of Sept. Should I take the hit and try applying hoping they don't see the last card on their screen or just wait? I have some spending coming up that would help with the min spend without any MS.

Consensus?

slickvik Aug 23, 2016 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by edealinfo12345 (Post 27109990)
Does the new Chase Sapphire "Reserve" card allow one to bring in 2 guests to the lounge at no extra cost like the Citi Prestige card?

Unclear. The wording is vague it's possible that guests could be allowed in.

trikotret Aug 23, 2016 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree (Post 27110002)
Yes, go to www.ups.com and register for UPS My Choice. You'll see the notifications for shipments to your address.

I'm trying to trust register with UPS but keeps saying my address is a business address lol. I'll just wait it out. Hopefully I'll get tomorrow.

arecknor Aug 23, 2016 7:10 pm

My wife plans to apply for this card and add me as an authorized user (at the time of applying). I am over the 5/24, will she be denied because of this? Thanks!

Gitangali Aug 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Some years ago I opted out @ https://www.optoutprescreen.com/opt_form.cgi

Opting in, I should start receiving credit card offers, correct? do you have to do anything else?

afurlong Aug 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by kcardinal (Post 27076816)
Anyone know if Military members will have to pay the annual fee with this card? Mine is waived with my CSP...

i would also like to know this, on behalf of a friend that i am trying to bring over the dark side... i think he's gonna come over regardless, but getting the fee waived as activity military would make him absolutely get it.

BThumme Aug 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Just got my ups notification!

Applied and approved yesterday morning; requests for expediting all denied. Should be here tomorrow!

travelpye Aug 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by xenophile (Post 27109559)
Just applied successfully in branch. 10-12/24. No CPC, no other checking/savings accounts with Chase ever except for closed CCs plus currently CSP, Ink, and IHG. FICO 790. Instant approval, 28K limit.

I was in and out of the bank in under 6 minutes. Kind of shocked me how quickly this guy ran it through for approval. I walked out a bit surprised, but pleased. Then it dawned on my that I hadn't confirmed anything about the signup bonus. Called Chase to confirm approval and they said yes approved, but wait for welcome pack to see bonus they couldn't tell me. Should I be worried?

I was given documentation of the terms by the banker after she signed me up. That included the bonus info, which I had forgotten to confirm being so excited I was preapproved. Did the banker not give you any documentation at all? She had me physically sign acceptance of the terms, interest rate etc., which she copied, and with that paper were the bonus details as well.