Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread continues discussion which started here in 2010: JP Morgan Palladium Card

Temporary COVID-19 rewards are documented here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credi...asehome_3/hero

JP Morgan Reserve Ultimate Rewards Program Agreement
https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0512_Web.pdf

JP Morgan Reserve Guide to Benefits
https://www.chasebenefits.com/jpmreserve2

JP Morgan Reserve card features are found here
https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/jpmreserve/travel

Print Wikipost

JPM Reserve VISA Infinite replaced Palladium (2016 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:41 pm

That is the phone number I've been calling all day ending in 7575. Just called again, and the same answer, two different products, palladium still available to apply for with your banker, and no product change is allowed, I must re-apply with my banker again.

I'm not calling users here liars, as it's obvious that you have received the reserve card, I just find it strange, I've been given the same answer, from different questions and different phone numbers.

Something does not add up.

My information is "wrong" however everyone I speak to a different rep, I ask: can I product change my palladium, they say no your account is too new.

Are palladium cards going to be product changed in October, the answer is no

Is the palladium still available to apply for, the answe is yes

What are the differences in cards? The engraving in the palladium, and the metals are different (I doubt that).

Same jibberish
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Venomz
That is the phone number I've been calling all day ending in 7575. Just called again, and the same answer, two different products, palladium still available to apply for with your banker, and no product change is allowed, I must re-apply with my banker again.

I'm not calling users here liars, as it's obvious that you have received the reserve card, I just find it strange, I've been given the same answer, from different questions and different phone numbers.

My information is "wrong" however everyone I speak to a different rep, I ask: can I product change my palladium, they say no your account is too new.

What are the differences in cards? The engraving in the palladium, and the metals are different (I doubt that).

Same jibberish
oh wow, I guess it's ymmv then or they very recently changed their policies

as others have stated, only differences are the Visa Infinite on the front, and the signature / telephone numbers on the back. here are the pics:

Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Also, I asked if I can convert my new palladium to the JP Reserve they told me no? I've had the card for just a day or two now. Any input is appreciated. However, based on my calls to JP Morgan, they are saying everything I am telling them (based off this forum) is wrong. I just want the best card, couldn't care if it's the palladium or jp reserve
Well, it sounds like there are mixed signals coming out of customer service, then. I haven't heard of anybody else having trouble with the conversion from Pd to Reserve. Of course, I also haven't heard of anybody else getting a Pd application approved after August 21. My banker said that he was no longer able to put in Pd applications after that date, and from what I've seen that seems to be pretty consistent across the board. It sounds like Venomz may have some weird special case? In any event, both cards do still exist at the present time, and I haven't heard of anybody being forced to switch from Pd to Reserve yet, although the rumors suggest that wouldn't be happening until October if that does end up happening.

In terms of "the best card", if you aren't using some of the splashy benefits of the Pd card like the free hours on private jets, the Reserve card beats it on AF, $300 rebates on travel expenses, and a much more generous reward program (3x/3x points on travel/dining on Reserve vs. 2x/1x on Pd). If you're going to use those free private jet hours, you should be very happy with the Pd. For the rest of us the Reserve seems to be a much more compelling option.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:56 pm

Thank you for the photos. So the question remains, why is the palladium still around if it's more expensive and less superior to the reserve.

I have confirmed several times the palladium is staying over the phone.

Now I do not have the "inside knowledge" that some users here may have, but why are they telling me the product still exists.

Trust me, I would rather pay 450 and get 100k signup same card, than paying more and no bonus same card. Signup bonus is $1500 in my eyes, and the signature is not worth $1500 imo.

Can someone else with a palladium (not a JP reserve) that has had it for less than a year call in an find out as well.

I don't want to be the only crazy one here.

Thank you

Originally Posted by fanofwigs
oh wow, I guess it's ymmv then or they very recently changed their policies

as others have stated, only differences are the Visa Infinite on the front, and the signature / telephone numbers on the back. here are the pics:

Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It is interesting that your reserve card still says that you were a cardholder since 2014 when this is a 'new' card account.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, M life Noir
The registration for the palladium is not closed. I applied after the release of the JP reserve.
This goes against what I was told be several people, and what others have reported on this forum. I think you're the only one on the Internet claiming that you can still apply for the Palladium card. I'm sure the PDF application is still floating around, and you could maybe use that to apply through your JPM team (a stupid idea now that the JPMR is out), but all traces of the Palladium card have been scrubbed from the CPC website, it's not available in-branch, and I was told very clearly by my JPM team that it's no longer available even to JPM clients. I wouldn't trust what someone at customer service says, since they don't deal with applications. I had a conversation with someone just a couple of days ago (inquiring about United Club), and she even admitted that they don't know much about the JPMR and are learning as they go.

Also, I asked if I can convert my new palladium to the JP Reserve they told me no? I've had the card for just a day or two now. Any input is appreciated. However, based on my calls to JP Morgan, they are saying everything I am telling them (based off this forum) is wrong. I just want the best card, couldn't care if it's the palladium or jp reserve
It could be like other JPMC cards where they require you to wait for a year before any kind of PC. I thought I read reports about recent Palladium applicants making the switch though, so I don't know. You should be applying for the JPMR card from scratch though, not PCing, in order to get the 100k bonus. If you don't do anything, your Palladium card will in all likelihood be converted to a JPMR in the coming months, and you will miss out on the 100k bonus. However, I'm speculating here, it's possible that Palladium cardholders that have had the card for less than a year (like yourself), will get to hold onto the old Palladium for a little longer due to some kind of CARD Act restriction.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
It is interesting that your reserve card still says that you were a cardholder since 2014 when this is a 'new' card account.
The OP had the Palladium since 2014, then PCed to JPMR. That would explain why he/she retained the 2014 date, since it's technically the same account.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by IflyonAA
Hey not too surprising to me actually. I applied for an Amex Blue or similar shortly before graduating college. When I got my Amex Plat Business in 2013, the card read: Member Since 2006.

Last edited by fanofwigs; Aug 30, 2016 at 2:03 pm
Old Aug 30, 2016, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by bribro
It could be like other JPMC cards where they require you to wait for a year before any kind of PC. I thought I read reports about recent Palladium applicants making the switch though, so I don't know. You should be applying for the JPMR card from scratch though, not PCing, in order to get the 100k bonus. If you don't do anything, your Palladium card will in all likelihood be converted to a JPMR in the coming months, and you will miss out on the 100k bonus. However, I'm speculating here, it's possible that Palladium cardholders that have had the card for less than a year (like yourself), will get to hold onto the old Palladium for a little longer due to some kind of CARD Act restriction.

I have a very recent Palladium and called the Customer Service line and they offered to product change me immediately. I said no thanks for now (I'm applying separately hoping to get the 100k bonus).
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:37 pm

I'm going to leave my account alone too, and just re-apply later for the reserve. I will wait and see how this plays out.

I'm just confused, as my banker has both apps available to him, and every time I have called the customer service exec line, they tell me the same thing. Mind you I've called on a blocked number and never given my accnt #'s. We will see what happens
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by darkhound
I have a very recent Palladium and called the Customer Service line and they offered to product change me immediately. I said no thanks for now (I'm applying separately hoping to get the 100k bonus).
My Pd was so new they hadn't even charged me an AF yet. I called in right when JPMR came out and asked about it, and the rep took a second to check something and said I was eligible to switch. I asked if I would be eligible for the signup bonus since I was essentially just changing over an application for one card to the other (a man can dream, right?), he took a second to check something, and he told me that yes, he could convert my "loyalty incentive" or something along those lines, I don't remember the exact wording. I asked what he was talking about and he explained that he could do the Reserve signup bonus instead of the Pd 30k end-of-year bonus program. I of course said sign me up!

I know they have some complex formulae behind the scenes to determine eligibility for various programs, or whether they will offer you an incentive to keep your card if you call up to cancel. Maybe some combination of factors green-lighted me? Maybe I called in before they had communicated a no-bonus-on-conversion policy to all their reps? Or maybe my guy didn't know what he was talking about? There have definitely been mixed signals to different people!

Given everyone else's experience being told no bonus with a conversion I won't spend those points until they actually show up in my account. But I'm hoping he actually flipped the switch on the signup bonus with my new Reserve card. I'll know $4000 from now...
Old Aug 30, 2016, 2:52 pm

Same jibberish
I think you're just caught in the middle of the absolute majority of the customer service reps being immensely uneducated in the new product. Reps saying the palladium is still open to application might just be their way of having understood the JPMR is now open to application for JP clients. It's rather odd multiple service reps said it but nonetheless I doubt they're trying to purposely deceive you
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:25 pm

Concierge

Slightly dumbfounded right now, but they managed to book me with less then 2 weeks notice at Eleven Madison Park at 8 pm for 6..For any forum members in NYC you can probably understand the gravity of such a request
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by dlesin
Slightly dumbfounded right now, but they managed to book me with less then 2 weeks notice at Eleven Madison Park at 8 pm for 6..For any forum members in NYC you can probably understand the gravity of such a request
WOW. This was the Visa Infinite Concierge?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by SD88
My Pd was so new they hadn't even charged me an AF yet. I called in right when JPMR came out and asked about it, and the rep took a second to check something and said I was eligible to switch. I asked if I would be eligible for the signup bonus since I was essentially just changing over an application for one card to the other (a man can dream, right?), he took a second to check something, and he told me that yes, he could convert my "loyalty incentive" or something along those lines, I don't remember the exact wording. I asked what he was talking about and he explained that he could do the Reserve signup bonus instead of the Pd 30k end-of-year bonus program. I of course said sign me up!

Given everyone else's experience being told no bonus with a conversion I won't spend those points until they actually show up in my account. But I'm hoping he actually flipped the switch on the signup bonus with my new Reserve card. I'll know $4000 from now...
Great feedback, thanks.

Given your info, I called Account Services to ask for the same thing. In short, they similarly agreed convert my recent Palladium into a JPM Reserve and they agreed to honor the 100k signup bonus!

One warning though - you have 3 months from the signup date of your Palladium (NOT the conversion date) to hit the $4000 spending requirement.

Tips:
1 - Don't chat in generalities. Give the rep your Palladium card number. Before giving the card no., the rep said that I couldn't convert because I had my card for less than 12 months. But after giving my card no., the rep checked something on the computer and said that "wow, you actually can convert."
2 - After the rep told me I could convert, I asked if I could get the 100k signup bonus. The rep said, no. In a conversion, you don't get the signup bonus. Very understandable, but like many things in life, a little persistence can pay dividends... I said, well I just got the Palladium last month and now I hear it's being discontinued and was really hoping you could honor the 100k bonus when I convert. The rep said this probably wasn't doable but put me on hold to check with someone (supervisor probably). I was getting ready to have an extended discussion and was thinking of all kinds of reasons why they should "honor" the 100k bonus when the rep got back on the line and lo and behold said that they would honor the 100k bonus. I said, great, convert me now! The rep did and said I would get the card within a few business days. The rep also said that I'd get a letter within 7 days confirming the 100k bonus. The rep made a separate note in my file that I'd get the 100k bonus.
3 - The rep said the Palladium AF I paid will get pro-rated and credited to my JPM Reserve AF.

All in all, pretty happy with how JP Morgan/Chase handled this. Thanks again to SD88 for the info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.