Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 10:36 am

Honestly it's all up in the air right now until we get an official word on what's happening to the Ritz Card. It's the only card that they haven't given any concrete news on.
Old May 17, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by phant0m
Honestly it's all up in the air right now until we get an official word on what's happening to the Ritz Card. It's the only card that they haven't given any concrete news on.
They've also yet to announce updates to the Chase Marriott Business card. But I would guess both may end up looking more like their SPG cousins.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:44 am
Chy

My feeling is that the reason there isn't much news on this is because if you sign up now, you get free Marriott Gold. Then it will switch to Platinum through 2020. If all the bloggers started promoting virtually free plat status through 2020 with one card signup, there could be a huge number of new plats.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:01 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Chy
My feeling is that the reason there isn't much news on this is because if you sign up now, you get free Marriott Gold. Then it will switch to Platinum through 2020. If all the bloggers started promoting virtually free plat status through 2020 with one card signup, there could be a huge number of new plats.
No one really knows what is going to happen. The AmEx Plat should get the Marriott Gold. But the main problem with the change is that the old Marriott reward program has been downgraded on a wholesale level. It is absurd to have so many elite Marriott Plat levels. The value of the new Plat is lower than before. We'll see some card holders cancel the cards....
Old May 19, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm curious if Marriott's IT system is smart enough to figure this out. I originally had Marriott Gold from matching my SPG Gold (via Amex Plat). I also got the Ritz card in Dec 2017 so I'm curious if I'll be able to get new Platinum from the Ritz Gold / first year. I don't have high expectations that they'll figure this out on their own...
if you call marriott rewards they can check how your status was "earned".
Old May 20, 2018, 9:02 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I plan to complete my $10,000 RC spending to get to the "earned" Gold status, before 8/2018. It is not hard at all. I did not bother to do this since the AmEx Plat gives me Marriott Gold too. But I do not trust it any more. I still need to decide on my other Marriott and SPG cards. Too many.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:38 am

Official word came out in an e-mail this morning. Disappointing that $10k in spending only results in the (worthless) new Gold level. I like how they buried that information "as a reminder" at the end of the email.

I've had this card for a few years but I'll be cancelling it before it renews. I earn Silver (new Gold) status every year anyway so this card is no longer a good value.

ENJOY A RICHER EXPERIENCE WITH PLATINUM ELITE
When you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be elevated to Platinum Elite status.1 Benefits include a 48-hour room availability guarantee and a 50 percent bonus on The Ritz-Carlton Rewards points you earn.

Additional Benefits:
• Room upgrades based on availability at check-in
• Complimentary in-room, enhanced Internet access
• Enhanced late check-out, up to 4 p.m.
• Dedicated reservations and guest services toll-free lines
• Savings on Ritz-Carlton branded merchandise in participating hotel shops

As a reminder, Gold Elite status is automatically renewed when you spend $10,000 your first account year and each account year thereafter.

Last edited by bhflyer; May 20, 2018 at 9:51 am
Old May 20, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by bhflyer
Official word came out in an e-mail this. Disappointing that $10k in spending only results in the (worthless) new Gold level. I like how they buried that information "as a reminder" at the end of the email.

I've had this card for a few years but I'll be cancelling it before it renews. I earn Silver (new Gold) status every year anyway so this card is no longer a good value.
Would you mind sharing the email title or the entire email? I've been searching my mailbox and don't seem to get anything like this. I know I'm getting mail from RC because the last one I'd received was on May 16th but it doesn't have this info. I'm hoping that the "Gold Elite" and "Platinum Elite" mentioned is based on the old/existing program. On the website what we call "Platinum" is called "Platinum Elite" per below paste as of today 05/20/2018:

BENEFITS*

Gold Elite Status when you spend $10,000 each account year, and earn Platinum Elite Status when you spend $75,000 each account year.

at the bottom it still says:

NEW BENEFITS—COMING SOON!

Old May 20, 2018, 10:23 am

I received the email at 2:56am CST with the title - "Get the most out of your world travels" and it was from The RC Rewards Credit Card.

It doesn't address any new benefits but I thought I read those would be coming later this summer, maybe August. I will still spend the $10k to keep gold status
even though it won't do me as much good. My main reason to keep the card (beyond the $300 credit) is the 3 club upgrades which give me good value on my personal travel.

If anyone knows or suspects of any new benefits coming, let us know!
Old May 20, 2018, 11:02 am

Thanks @danbnash. Would you mind pasting the entire mail? Strangely, I don't have this mail in my mailbox. My last RC hotel (not card) mail was on May 16th, while last mail from "The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card" was on March 1st. I'm very interest since I'm about 200k points from the 1.6mil lifetime points threshold for Lifetime Gold in the current program (already well passed the night count requirement). Have been researching how to get there before year-end, but it would be nice to know before August 1st that even if I can't get LTG, the RC Visa would still get me lounge access at Marriott hotels.

Last edited by chirawat; May 20, 2018 at 11:03 am Reason: clarification
Old May 20, 2018, 11:31 am

ENJOY A RICHER EXPERIENCE WITH PLATINUM ELITEWhen you spend $75,000 on your card in an account year, you will be elevated to Platinum Elite status.1 Benefits include a 48-hour room availability guarantee and a 50 percent bonus on The Ritz-Carlton Rewards points you earn.

Additional Benefits:
• Room upgrades based on availability at check-in
• Complimentary in-room, enhanced Internet access
• Enhanced late check-out, up to 4 p.m.
• Dedicated reservations and guest services toll-free lines
• Savings on Ritz-Carlton branded merchandise in participating hotel shops

As a reminder, Gold Elite status is automatically renewed when you spend $10,000 your first account year and each account year thereafter.1

Learn more In addition to the points you receive as a Ritz-Carlton Rewards member, your Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card also brings you:

5 points per $1 spent at participating The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and SPG® hotels worldwide1
2 points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airline, and at car rental agencies and restaurants1
1 point per $1 spent on all other card purchases1We hope you will take advantage of all your opportunities to earn more points. Learn more
chirawat likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:06 pm

Thank you @dandbnash. I think this is referring to existing program since it match existing one exactly (maybe it's just my wishful thinking). Guess we'll see. Meanwhile I'm furiously pumping up points to close the 200k gap before end of 2018 :-D...

Last edited by chirawat; May 20, 2018 at 12:18 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by stevedrambus
I just signed up for my second RC card in the past few years, and unlike the last time, the AF posted lightning fast, like within the first month of opening.

I want to limit the CL to $1.5k but will that merely allow me to avoid next year's CL? Or will it get the system to refund this year's, already charged? Any recent experience?
Current year annual fee will be refunded. Worked on my wife’s card a month ago.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by chirawat
Thank you @dandbnash. I think this is referring to existing program since it match existing one exactly (maybe it's just my wishful thinking). Guess we'll see. Meanwhile I'm furiously pumping up points to close the 200k gap before end of 2018 :-D...
Now that I look at it more closely, I think you're right and that I jumped the gun. I was thinking "Platinum Premier" when I read "Platinum Elite", which made me think this e-mail applied to the new program.
chirawat likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:53 am

Just a very quick datapoint. I purchased a $50 e-gift card from Chase.com on my desktop on 5/12. It has since posted as DELTA AIR gift card, though it does show the merchant as Delta.com. I will message csr to see if I can get them to reimburse it for baggage fees and call it 2 1st bags at $25 each for domestic flights (in the event the rep doesn't look too closely like the AA rep from last year as per the wiki), but I think my chances are low.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.