Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:29 am

Airline Credit - they've gotten really fast. I requested a credit for my SW early-bird fees of $200 and received email approval in 45 minutes.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Zurick
All charge 28 euro per guest.
They've solved lounge overcrowding!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
just got a reply from the Priority Card Office. They confirmed. They have no say on number of visits, cost etc on American "select" cards. Your bank makes their own rules. Thus if you get one from several banks, you should compare.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:08 pm

When I add an authorized user, is the priority pass automatically sent or do I have to request it? Also, about how long for the lounge card does anyone know?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
When I add an authorized user, is the priority pass automatically sent or do I have to request it? Also, about how long for the lounge card does anyone know?
You have to request it. Standard line is 2-3 weeks. I’ve gotten it faster before.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX

You have to request it. Standard line is 2-3 weeks. I’ve gotten it faster before.
thanks
Old Jan 11, 2019, 7:33 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
When I received the RC card this past June, the AU's Priority Pass card was sent automatically without requesting it when I added the AU. However, as the primary user, I had to request mine before they sent it.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Jan 11, 2019 at 7:34 pm Reason: Correct misinformation
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:33 pm

The annual free night was just posted to the account. My question is if I close the account- will they take back free night award? Can someone comment? thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MSPATIL1985
The annual free night was just posted to the account. My question is if I close the account- will they take back free night award? Can someone comment? thanks!
They don’t take it back; it’s yours to keep. Question is why close the account? You’ll get more than the AF back in value. Card is delicious!
MSPATIL1985 likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:30 pm

Thanks Magic Pickles. I also have SPG luxury and Amex ascend.. so kind of too many "luxury" cards.. ;-)
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:31 pm

has anyone been offered a good retention offer on this card?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
has anyone been offered a good retention offer on this card?
I typically see $150, so along with your $300 travel credit, it’s zero plus a free night up to 50,000 points plus all the other benefits such as free PP with unlimited guests, free AU’s with their own PP, $100 Visa air discount, etc.
MSPATIL1985 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: life ritz platinum, SA hon circle, Eastern Executive Traveler, Delta Flying Colonel, AA Admiral VIP
That is an interesting question. The free night was issued by your bank, not by priority card. If you close your bank account, the card is no longer valid. That is the big difference between US "select" and European. All PC does is sell card to your bank and they set your rules. If you go to your account page on PC, you will see that it is listed to your bank. no bank, no card
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Zurick
....The free night was issued by your bank, not by priority card. ....
I believe MSPATIL1985 is asking about a hotel night certificate, not Priority Pass lounge access.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 10:56 am

I called into CS and got the Chase Sapphire line not JP Morgan Executive line, is this a change?

At least the discount air is still up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.