Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by applesauce
What happens for purchases above your CL on the Ritz?

Issue: Hitting $10k in the next month on a $1.5k CL.

With a reduced CL, this becomes a bit of an issue. With Visa Infinite cards my understanding is there technically isn't an upper CL but it's more in line with Amex's charge card policy. Can anyone provide some first-hand experience?
I started moving my credit lines back to my RC. They charged me the annual fee this past year so I was only able to go fee-less 2 years.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
That would be cycling
Is there an inherent issue with cycling? I see a few threads on that subject but they provide nothing definitive. I'm not sure why the achase would care as they'll make more $$ on the transaction fees and I'd be paying off the balances.

My concern is more that the larger transactions will be declined up front. I'll find out tonight!
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:55 pm

Is there an inherent issue with cycling? I see a few threads on that subject but they provide nothing definitive. I'm not sure why the achase would care as they'll make more $$ on the transaction fees and I'd be paying off the balances.

My concern is more that the larger transactions will be declined up front. I'll find out tonight!
it’s a grey area for sure. I think chase definitely frowns upon it though. YMMV
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:13 pm
CDO
Suspended

So is it confirmed that if onw spend $10k on ritz by 7/31/18 that you get platinum in new marriott till feb 2020? I just got the card a month ago fwiw.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by CDO
So is it confirmed that if onw spend $10k on ritz by 7/31/18 that you get platinum in new marriott till feb 2020? I just got the card a month ago fwiw.
No one has any definite answer, but pretty sure if you got the card this year, you are already set until Feb 2020. At least according to FM's speculation: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ard-right-now/
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:18 pm
CDO
Suspended

No one has any definite answer, but pretty sure if you got the card this year, you are already set until Feb 2020. At least according to FM's speculation: https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.c...ard-right-now/
Sounds like you dont even need to spend $10k if you signed up this year. I guess then it comes down to how do they tell if you've had status through multiple means. That will probably take many phone calls... lol.

And btw is it calendar year that one must complete the spend? I have another ritz card from march 2017 so doe the 12 month reset in january or march in my case?

Last edited by CDO; Jun 8, 2018 at 9:35 pm
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AS 75K, SPG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globablist, Mlife Gold, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by CDO
Sounds like you dont even need to spend $10k if you signed up this year. I guess then it comes down to how do they tell if you've had status through multiple means. That will probably take many phone calls... lol.

And btw is it calendar year that one must complete the spend? I have another ritz card from march 2017 so doe the 12 month reset in january or march in my case?
From everything that I've been reading it is calendar year. I opened my card in Nov 17 so technically I'm still in my first year, however, according to what frequentmiler is stating is that we need to spend 10k from Jan through July.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:09 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by bosca418
From everything that I've been reading it is calendar year. I opened my card in Nov 17 so technically I'm still in my first year, however, according to what frequentmiler is stating is that we need to spend 10k from Jan through July.
It is not calendar year, but account year. Technically you are still a Ritz/Marriott gold member on 8/1/2018. It is not clear if
1. you'll be converted to Gold or Platinum
2. if the status will carry over after the anniversary year.

So, I'd get the $10k done. It is not much extra spending if this is still the new card.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 12:58 pm
CDO
Suspended

Originally Posted by RedSun
It is not calendar year, but account year. Technically you are still a Ritz/Marriott gold member on 8/1/2018. It is not clear if
1. you'll be converted to Gold or Platinum
2. if the status will carry over after the anniversary year.

So, I'd get the $10k done. It is not much extra spending if this is still the new card.
I think #1 and #2 is clear at this point
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by CDO
I think #1 and #2 is clear at this point
is it?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:39 pm
Suspended

is it?
I do not think so. So my questions.

It is no brainer to me. I'll just plug the remaining spending to get the $10k before 8/1/2018, ahead of the anniversary. Nothing to lose.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:30 pm
CDO
Suspended

is it?
Marriott confirmed to FM that ritz gold = platinum through 2/2020. I think im good with that.
bosca418 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bosca418
I just applied and was approved for the card a few days ago. According to everything Frequent Miler has written, since you automatically receive gold your first year with the Ritz card without $10,000 spend, you only need to reach the minimum $4,000 bonus spend by July 31, 2018 to lock in Platinum status until Feb. 2020. Those who have had the card for more than a year, will need to spend $10,000 by July 31, 2018 to achieve Gold and thereby lock in Platinum until Feb. 2020.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:16 pm
Suspended

The RC spend benefit is entirely in the air. If someone opens the new RC after 8/1/2018, what happens then??

Even the FM has two totally different stories. Whom to believe? We'll have to wait.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
If someone opens the new RC after 8/1/2018, what happens then??
If that card will continue to exist, it will have different benefits on 8/1/2018. We'll know what they are prior to 8/1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.