Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
I recall both Chase CSR and RC go by the anniversary yer, not calendar year.
RC is still calendar year.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:41 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
RC is still calendar year.
Wrong. Only the $300 is calendar year. But not the RC club level certificate:

Last edited by RedSun; Jun 19, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
Wrong. Only the $300 is calendar year.
I was only referring to the travel credit since your comparison was CSR vs RC and the reset date.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 8:55 am

I believe the travel credit is calendar year, and the Club Level certs run with the card anniversary (mine post a few weeks before my Oct anniversary). Ymmv.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmousewins
Just got the letter in the mail that tells me that I was denied for the Ritz cardbecause "you already have the maxi amt of credit we can offer you" and "your current amount of credit is enough in relation to your income". I called the reconsideration line. The woman was extremely curt and not nice. She gave one line answers and wouldn't elaborate when asked and kept just repeating herself. I asked if I coudl move some of the 34K credit limit they gave me on the reserve and said "no, they are not moving credit at this time". I tried to inquire, saying that I thought that was possible and she condescendingly said "things change all the time". Then she proceeded to tell me that I was over 5/24. Which I know I am NOT. UGH. I just also realized that I thought the Ritz was not under the 5/24 rule? However, that is why she said I couldn't have it. First, she touted the max credit, when asked to move some over, she said they don't do that, then she said that I'm over 5/24.
And what did the other agent(s) you got when you HUCA'd say?

According to this list:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase...ail-need-know/

it's not subject to 5/24.

But agents often make up stuff if you keep asking "why" over and over. If an agent doesn't how how to do something, ask for a supervisor or HUCA, don't keep talking to the same agent!

OTOH, banks sometimes refuse to do anything to a card that you've hard less than a year (due to the consumer credit act). So if you want credit line,moved, I suggest you be ready to ask to move it from a card you've hard more than a year, rather than from a card you got in the past year.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
This may be a dumb question, but when filling out the application, it is asking for a Ritz Carlton Rewards number. Do I need to create a new RC Rewards account or can I just use my Marriott Rewards member number? When I went to RC to create a new rewards account, it said I already have an account with Marriott using that email address. So are they the same then?
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
This may be a dumb question, but when filling out the application, it is asking for a Ritz Carlton Rewards number. Do I need to create a new RC Rewards account or can I just use my Marriott Rewards member number? When I went to RC to create a new rewards account, it said I already have an account with Marriott using that email address. So are they the same then?
It is the same as Marriott number.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
EDIT: HA HA HA. Nevermind. I see I missed an announcement 7 months ago.

This might be well known in another thread or forum.

I converted my Priority Pass through the Ritz card to digital. Chase had not allowed that in years past.

1. Go to prioritypass.com/JPMDMC (Got this URL in the JPM Reserve Thread)
2. Create an account.
3. Download the app and login
4. You can then, of course, add the card to your preferred digital wallet.

One wallet pocket freed up.
moops380 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:08 pm

I just got the Ritz card and will probably hit the min spend in July and it would post with the Aug statement. What is going to happen whit the 2 free nights that post after Aug 1? Will they be valid at any Marriott family hotel or still just RC or will they be converted to points?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:18 pm

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...postcount=1866

You’ll get a certificate with a point value. It’s possible you’ll get actual points instead but that is not clear. See also the spg thread with a list of Q&A
Old Jun 23, 2018, 10:59 am

Jeeze...how did I miss that post??? Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:12 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by rrgg
See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...postcount=1866

You’ll get a certificate with a point value. It’s possible you’ll get actual points instead but that is not clear. See also the spg thread with a list of Q&A
When I recently booked my RC stays with the certificates, the booking clearly shows the reward points (say 60,000 points per night) used for the booking. But my MR points were never taken out. After the stay, the certificates were redeemed and delivered.

I think the same is going to stay. You get two certificates which are worth up to certain MR points each. You probably won't get MR points.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:18 am

Question about Ritz Gold that will convert to MR Plat50 in August. I am currently a platinum but probably won’t hit 50 nights this year to requalify and Marriott took away the status buyback program. If I apply for the Ritz card as a current platinum will they give me gold status that maps to new plat50 until 2020 or will it not take because I’m a current platinum? TIA
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Question about Ritz Gold that will convert to MR Plat50 in August. I am currently a platinum but probably won’t hit 50 nights this year to requalify and Marriott took away the status buyback program. If I apply for the Ritz card as a current platinum will they give me gold status that maps to new plat50 until 2020 or will it not take because I’m a current platinum? TIA
Actually, I'm very interested in the answer to this question as well, as it applies to my wife. She is SPG Platinum for several years, but due to decreased business travel this year, will fall short of 50 nights. Have been thinking about getting her this card to maintain status in 2019 but I'm unclear whether the system will already see her as PLT and not extend her status beyond the end of this year.

Regards
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by scubadu
Actually, I'm very interested in the answer to this question as well, as it applies to my wife. She is SPG Platinum for several years, but due to decreased business travel this year, will fall short of 50 nights. Have been thinking about getting her this card to maintain status in 2019 but I'm unclear whether the system will already see her as PLT and not extend her status beyond the end of this year.

Regards
maybe to play it safe, open the ritz card but do not fill in your Marriott #, and have a new # generated. Then, merge the accts next yr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.