Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lamprey
So I sent them a note saying that I didn't request this change and I'd like it changed back to $1,500. We'll see if that works and the AF gets automatically refunded again. Otherwise, I'll dump this card before the end of the month.
Update: They quickly bumped it back down after I contacted them. I'll post another update if this automatically triggers the fee refund...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:44 pm

Update: They quickly bumped it back down after I contacted them. I'll post another update if this automatically triggers the fee refund...
FWIW, my credit limit remains at around $1500 and yet I have been charged the annual fee after it was waived the last year and the year before.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:00 am

I opened in 12/2014 too and I also got the AF charged on 1/1. I just checked my December statement and it had the line:

So in mid-December my credit limit was increased from $1,500 to... $2,500. Of course that makes the AF fall just under the 25% CARD Act threshold for January. So I sent them a note saying that I didn't request this change and I'd like it changed back to $1,500. We'll see if that works and the AF gets automatically refunded again. Otherwise, I'll dump this card before the end of the month.
Just checked both of our accounts and the CL remains at 1500. So the AF was charged without any change to the CL. Will try for 300 in credits this month and then dump both.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
FWIW, my credit limit remains at around $1500 and yet I have been charged the annual fee after it was waived the last year and the year before.
Originally Posted by met152
Just checked both of our accounts and the CL remains at 1500. So the AF was charged without any change to the CL. Will try for 300 in credits this month and then dump both.
Shoot, there goes my theory about the sneaky CL increase the month before the AF kicked in.

I'm now on the fence about whether I should dump it in Jan or keep it around. I suppose I'll still barely come out ahead so long as I can book at least one two-night Ritz stay in 2017 with the club level upgrade and manage to eat $100 worth of their restaurant burgers.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:16 am

Shoot, there goes my theory about the sneaky CL increase the month before the AF kicked in.

I'm now on the fence about whether I should dump it in Jan or keep it around. I suppose I'll still barely come out ahead so long as I can book at least one two-night Ritz stay in 2017 with the club level upgrade and manage to eat $100 worth of their restaurant burgers.
The $100 credit covers your valet parking if applicable. There seems to be a shift if policy now, at least in my most recent RC stays. Up until about 4-6 weeks ago, the $100 credit would just post on my statement regardless of whether I actually spent $100 onsite. Now, I am seeing the credit will only be applied to your qualifying expenditures, so it's a use it or lose it now.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by runnnerdude2k2
Do you plan to use the annual travel credit for 2017 before cancelling the card ?
I haven't decided, but will decide in the next few days. My statement doesn't close until later this month.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Thanks for the quick response.

I called the number on the back of the card. They said account was in good standing. After a wait on hold, the Chase JPMorgan CSR got back on to say that it was "probably" the Visa Infinite site. The implication was that this CSR had spoken to other CSRs and that there was some buzz to this effect, i.e., I am not the only one to have called in about this (today?)

So then I was told that a website problem was a Visa Infinite problem. I said, "fair enough. Can you guys let Visa Infinite know about this?" Not according to this CSR, who instead got the Concierge service on the line, supposedly to book for me. This was not perfect from my standpoint, since I hadn't settled on a flight and was just trying to confirm Visa Infinite availability. But I figured why not take the opportunity to tell them about the website problem?

Well, it took a little explaining to the Concierge, who, as it turns out, has no capacity to book these $100 off flights. The Concierge says I need to take this up with Chase.

I think this will be something to take up next year.

Happy New Year!
It's the New Year. Whatever wasn't working is now working.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:33 pm

Opened card Mid Dec 2016. First AF posted Jan 1 and printed on mid Jan statement. Lowered CL and refunded it during Feb cycle.

Should I expect Af 2 on Jan 1 or Feb 1 in this case? They bumped my CL in Nov
and I SM them right away to lower it.

Jan 1 came and went and no AF. Would Feb 1 be the expected af post or my mid Jan statement? Or is it possible that I'm still under the radar

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Opened card Mid Dec 2016. First AF posted Jan 1 and printed on mid Jan statement. Lowered CL and refunded it during Feb cycle.

Should I expect Af 2 on Jan 1 or Feb 1 in this case? They bumped my CL in Nov
and I SM them right away to lower it.

Jan 1 came and went and no AF. Would Feb 1 be the expected af post or my mid Jan statement? Or is it possible that I'm still under the radar

Thanks

Its only the first year
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Took the credit last week of December, should I go for another $300? Statement hasn't closed yet.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:50 am

Word to the wise- use a secure message for reimbursement of the $300 travel credit and do not call in.

Purchased a gift card on my wife's card late last month, SM'd, got the credit back right away.

Did the same on my card, called and the rep said she could "see it was a gift card."

I sent a SM on both of the gift cards for this month and waiting on a response and hoping for the best.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by GunneRy
Word to the wise- use a secure message for reimbursement of the $300 travel credit and do not call in.

Purchased a gift card on my wife's card late last month, SM'd, got the credit back right away.

Did the same on my card, called and the rep said she could "see it was a gift card."

I sent a SM on both of the gift cards for this month and waiting on a response and hoping for the best.
What merchant? How did the description read?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:20 am

"Jan 1, 2017
AMERICAN AIRxxxxxxxxxx9
Sale Hide details about this transaction
Jan 3, 2017
Additional merchant and transaction information
FORT WORTH, TX 752610000 US
Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction"

There's nothing in there that says "gift card" so they must be able to see something that is not available to the cardholder.

I'm fairly confident that it will be refunded, given it has been refunded via SM previously, and if it isn't I plan on just trying every few weeks with a new SM.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Originally Posted by GunneRy
"Jan 1, 2017
AMERICAN AIRxxxxxxxxxx9
Sale Hide details about this transaction
Jan 3, 2017
Additional merchant and transaction information
FORT WORTH, TX 752610000 US
Online, Mail, or Telephone transaction"

There's nothing in there that says "gift card" so they must be able to see something that is not available to the cardholder.

I'm fairly confident that it will be refunded, given it has been refunded via SM previously, and if it isn't I plan on just trying every few weeks with a new SM.
Aha! On my actual statement, the two AA GCs that I purchased do have GFT listed as part of the extended listing. I guess it's a coding they use for airlines that shows things like fare class (Y) and date of travel. The 500-mile upgrades I purchased show the code RVU in that spot. And the paid upgrade listed as FFP.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Carl
Aha! On my actual statement, the two AA GCs that I purchased do have GFT listed as part of the extended listing. I guess it's a coding they use for airlines that shows things like fare class (Y) and date of travel. The 500-mile upgrades I purchased show the code RVU in that spot. And the paid upgrade listed as FFP.
I hadn't thought of that- what I posted was merely from the online description.

The actual statement (and what the rep can see) may include the "GFT" language in it.

It won't be the end of the world if these aren't reimbursed and I figure that if I just keep sending SMs there's going to be one lazy CSR who will just reimburse the gift cards just to get it off his queue.

EDIT- already received the credit for the gift card on my wife's account using ONLY secure message. Waiting for word on my effort via secure message.

The lesson is, don't call in.

Last edited by GunneRy; Jan 4, 2017 at 10:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.