Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2018, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by cfacpamba
I have the card now and had for several years. Is it worth it for me to renew or should I cancel it?
That's your call if it the perks are worth the fees. I personally believe it is.
m.photog likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
I have the card now and had for several years. Is it worth it for me to renew or should I cancel it?
It depends if you can justify the cost personally but if you have been able to justify it for several years now you should be able to moving forward. I will look at it moving forward when my AF comes up and I will probably factor in not carrying a SPG card anymore.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
The card will be even better than it was for the previous years you held it...now a free night cert comes every year, worth 50k. I'm keeping mine.
m.photog likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
So.....

Finally got my card today ( forgot I had to unlock my credit report). My marriott status updated to gold elite within a few hours. I could make the spend tomorrow on a huge bill, but is their any point in doing that at this point? I kinda think not at this point but... Mostly care about the chance to magically be platinum after the merge.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:23 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Correct me if I'm wrong. All the Marriott family CCs earn the same rate 6x at Marriott/SPG stay and 2x for the others? I know the Marriott cards have some 4x or so at gas station and dining etc. I do not even care about those.

If so, I'll just use my RC card and shelf all my other cards, SPG personal and business, Marriott personal and business. I think even the Chase CSR earns higher rate at Marriott/RC/SPG hotels.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RedSun
Correct me if I'm wrong. All the Marriott family CCs earn the same rate 6x at Marriott/SPG stay and 2x for the others? I know the Marriott cards have some 4x or so at gas station and dining etc. I do not even care about those.

If so, I'll just use my RC card and shelf all my other cards, SPG personal and business, Marriott personal and business. I think even the Chase CSR earns higher rate at Marriott/RC/SPG hotels.
You are correct. 6x points for purchases at Marriott/SPG/RC hotels. Some people may feel that's either better or worse than the CSR return depending on whether they want the hotel points or airline miles since you could get 3 miles for 3 UR, but only 2 miles for 6 MR. Going the other way, you could only get 3 MR for 3 UR.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
You are correct. 6x points for purchases at Marriott/SPG/RC hotels. Some people may feel that's either better or worse than the CSR return depending on whether they want the hotel points or airline miles since you could get 3 miles for 3 UR, but only 2 miles for 6 MR. Going the other way, you could only get 3 MR for 3 UR.
Actually 2.5 miles including the transfer bonus. Marriott also has some unique transfer partners like AS, AA. So potentially a better return on Marriott.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
All the transfers would just drop the values of the points. So I rarely transfer UR vs airline vs. hotel. The best way for me to use URs is to transfer to Hyatt. The chase portal is also good if there is any travel that cash is better.

For pure value, 6 MRs worth slightly below 6 cents. 3 URs worth about 6.6 cents. Give or take, they are about the same. I like both Marriott and Hyatt.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:57 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by ehallison
The card will be even better than it was for the previous years you held it...now a free night cert comes every year, worth 50k. I'm keeping mine.
It all depends on your value proposition.

Mine was a cheap way to get to (old) Gold and get lounge access / breakfast. Now that is gone. Hopefully the status will change to Platinum until 2020 and I'll have 18 months to redeem all those Marriott/SPG points and get the benefits, before mostly ditching Marriott (apart from all those free nights I'll get from the credit cards).

That said, for me the real costs for the card are zero - grandfathered to the old annual fee, plus at least $100 off for airline tickets - gets the annual fee to -$5.

Add the free night, which I plan on using in places I don't really care about the benefits, and the free AUs with their own PP, and it is a net gain.

For me it is a keeper - although it will be used only for those $300 airline expenses and $100 discounted airline tickets.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by mydogsarebad
Finally got my card today ( forgot I had to unlock my credit report). My marriott status updated to gold elite within a few hours. I could make the spend tomorrow on a huge bill, but is their any point in doing that at this point? I kinda think not at this point but... Mostly care about the chance to magically be platinum after the merge.
I think everything is up in the air. I didn't do the spend but people are saying we may be upgraded to PE anyways.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by googs185
I think everything is up in the air. I didn't do the spend but people are saying we may be upgraded to PE anyways.
$10k total spending is easy. You already get the $4k spending if this is a new card....
Old Aug 15, 2018, 4:07 pm

Anybody know if it's possible to book the 2 free nights from the sign up bonus for somebody else? or do I need to book it under myself and add an additional guest?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:16 am
Suspended

For the $300 travel credit, does it count as sign-on bonus spending? I remember it counts. Just want to confirm it.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
For the $300 travel credit, does it count as sign-on bonus spending? I remember it counts. Just want to confirm it.
yes it does count, the $100 global entry credit counts too. Just not the annual fee.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by acefspadez

yes it does count, the $100 global entry credit counts too. Just not the annual fee.
Cool. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.