Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
Applied late July. Account shows annual fee hit August 1st. UPS notification saying a label for next day air was created August 3rd. It's August 6th and the card has yet to be shipped. Kind of crappy that they charge the annual fee before they've even shipped the card.

Has anyone applied the $1,500 trick to the Ritz and CSR at the same time?
they charge all annual fees on the first of the month
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:28 pm
CDO
Suspended

Is plat status supposed to kick in 8/19 for those within the first year?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CDO
Is plat status supposed to kick in 8/19 for those within the first year?
In theory, but honestly, I feel like the status, free night certs, everything are up in the air until the 19th. We can speculate all we want but nobody really knows for sure and it seems like Marriott is happy enough to leave us in the dark until then (assuming they even know what's going to happen).
m.photog likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:43 am

I just called Marriott Customer Service yesterday and the conversation I had was not heartening. All the bloggers said regardless of how we earned Gold Elite in 2018, as long as it was prior to August 1, we would automatically get Platinum Elite status until February 2020. The CS manager said that absolutely is not the case and only applies if we acheived Gold Elite through stays. Any data points, or do we just have to wait until August 18th?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:55 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by googs185
I just called Marriott Customer Service yesterday and the conversation I had was not heartening. All the bloggers said regardless of how we earned Gold Elite in 2018, as long as it was prior to August 1, we would automatically get Platinum Elite status until February 2020. The CS manager said that absolutely is not the case and only applies if we acheived Gold Elite through stays. Any data points, or do we just have to wait until August 18th?
No one knows. Why bother?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by RedSun
No one knows. Why bother?
Why bother doing what?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Why bother doing what?
Why bother asking the Gold or Plat? No ones knows the correct answer.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 9:47 am

I wouldn't trust a low level rep for any information right now.
krazykanuck and SudOvest like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
All the public info from Marriott suggests otherwise. There's no footnotes on the website saying that if you got gold from the Ritz, it stays gold, and if you spent 75K to get platinum it stays platinum. It would have been trivial to add such a stipulation if that was indeed the case, considering they made a whole separate section outlining how SPG transitions. Also, regardless of whether the rep is right or wrong, you're completely wasting your time trying to get accurate info about the transition from Marriott's inept agents.
krazykanuck and SudOvest like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
... Also, regardless of whether the rep is right or wrong, you're completely wasting your time trying to get accurate info about the transition from Marriott's inept agents.
I second that. A rep told me yesterday that after the transition I won't be able to upgrade my existing 7 day hotel certificate to a higher level hotel. I told her that was not my understanding and she'd better doublecheck. She said she'd contact rewards team and had put me on hold. She came back and said Yes, they confirmed you will NOT be able to upgrade your certificate to a higher level. I insisted on transferring me to a sup on the rewards team, and finally when I got to talk to the sup, she said the rep was probably new and didn't know what she was talking about. I will be able to do the upgrade, but NOT the downgrade, which contradicts the rep who originally converted the points to the certificate.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DjRocket
I second that. A rep told me yesterday that after the transition I won't be able to upgrade my existing 7 day hotel certificate to a higher level hotel. I told her that was not my understanding and she'd better doublecheck. She said she'd contact rewards team and had put me on hold. She came back and said Yes, they confirmed you will NOT be able to upgrade your certificate to a higher level. I insisted on transferring me to a sup on the rewards team, and finally when I got to talk to the sup, she said the rep was probably new and didn't know what she was talking about. I will be able to do the upgrade, but NOT the downgrade, which contradicts the rep who originally converted the points to the certificate.
I've begun to wonder if Marriott has trained their agents to never say "I don't know". Most businesses that I deal with are aware that telling the customer something that is incorrect is both bad for the customer relationship, and potentially legally dubious, so they won't comment on such things and will defer to someone who does or express uncertainty. But Marriott agents just routinely make things up or present their assumptions or theories as policy.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Marriott agents just routinely make things up or present their assumptions or theories as policy.
That makes for a perfect partnership with Chase. Their phone agents have the same M.O.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
My annual anniversary date is later this month (after the cut of date of the new plan). So today I get the annual reminder of all the benefits (that they send before the posting of the annual fee) - and it includes all the old benefits of the card.

I'm wondering who is the genius who thought about wasting all the time, money and paper seding out materials which will be obsolete in 5 days.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/SPG Plat
I have the card now and had for several years. Is it worth it for me to renew or should I cancel it?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:09 am

Do we think that we will find out on Aug 18th what happens to the Ritz Free Night Certificates Tier 1-4 from credit card sign up? We already know that they will be usable at Marriott, Ritz, Spg but what Cat or point value?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.