Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:19 am

Question

What is everyone doing with their travel credit?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: All the programs!
Originally Posted by skipss
Read this thread then you'll know.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:25 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyer4512
How do you plan on avoiding the AF ? I would gladly trade all the card benefits ( except Marriott Gold) for $450
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get the Amex Platinum card with $550 AF to get SPG Gold, which would give you Marriott Gold, than to put $10,000 yearly spend on the RC Rewards card? Or just achieve UA Premier Gold to get Marriott Gold. But getting the Amex Platinum would be, by far, the cheapest route to Marriott Gold. This is the question I'm asking myself.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by NDN
Well I will change it to Marriott then. I have the Marriott Business card though. It wouldn't be terrible to get 15 more free nights, if that occurs (unclear and reports that it stops at 15 total and that it goes 30)
I have both of the Marriott cards and the free nights stacked. I have 30.

Haven't heard back from anyone who has applied for this card recently if their AF was waived after they lowered the credit limit. Any new DPs?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by skipss
You can see some examples in the wiki of this related thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
Old Sep 9, 2017, 11:43 pm

"Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."

Last edited by muji; Sep 10, 2017 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by muji
Global Entry fees are no longer covered (in this new version of the card) by the $300 Annual Travel Credit.

"Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
They cover it under a separate, additional coverage so you can get $300 + GE fees reimbursed
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by FormallyKnownAs
They cover it under a separate, additional coverage so you can get $300 + GE fees reimbursed
I missed that; thanks. I see it now:
$100 statement credit will be processed after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.

I'll add that to the wiki.

Last edited by muji; Sep 10, 2017 at 11:06 am
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get the Amex Platinum card with $550 AF to get SPG Gold, which would give you Marriott Gold, than to put $10,000 yearly spend on the RC Rewards card? Or just achieve UA Premier Gold to get Marriott Gold. But getting the Amex Platinum would be, by far, the cheapest route to Marriott Gold. This is the question I'm asking myself.
There is an Amex plat win no bonius and no annual fee but I gives you all the other perks of the card from what I hear, that is our new plan

We don't MS and my wife is 0/24 soon so we have a lot of spends coimg up plus I just started getting AA mailers
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:57 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by flyer4512
There is an Amex plat win no bonius and no annual fee but I gives you all the other perks of the card from what I hear, that is our new plan

We don't MS and my wife is 0/24 soon so we have a lot of spends coimg up plus I just started getting AA mailers

magical amex? I think not. Platinum has no bonus already....
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium & LT Gold
Originally Posted by NDN
magical amex? I think not. Platinum has no bonus already....
Regular Platinum does have a bonus that hovers between 60,000 to 100,000 MR points. Also it charges you the AF upfront.

The Ameriprise Financial version of the card has no signup bonus, but waives the AF the first year (which is the bonus)
Old Sep 10, 2017, 2:34 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by fmisle
Regular Platinum does have a bonus that hovers between 60,000 to 100,000 MR points. Also it charges you the AF upfront.

The Ameriprise Financial version of the card has no signup bonus, but waives the AF the first year (which is the bonus)
neither of which describes what was written
Old Sep 10, 2017, 5:10 pm

anybody tried redeeming travel credit by charging an airline tix to this card?

just bought a cheap sub-100 AS tix, it's showing up as "Airline name XXXXXX", where XXXXXX indicates the booking reference.

i hope when the transaction concludes, the XXXXXX will disappear...
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Yes. Someone has. It worked. YMMV.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 3:21 pm

spent >$5000, called and got my sign-up bonus upgraded from 2 nights to 3 (tier 1-4). Woohoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.