Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Warning: Generating a referral to some cards may not give the best bonus to the recipient. Check the current offer and then see what the referral offer is. One example is Marriott.

Earn Up To 75,000 Bonus Points: You can receive 15,000 bonus points for each friend you refer through this Refer-A-Friend offer (up to 5), who is approved for the card. Maximum bonus points accumulation for this offer is 75,000 bonus points. We may provide you with future opportunities to earn bonus points by referring your friends to Chase Sapphire Preferred. You may earn bonus points up to the stated maximum for each offer, however, please note that if you take advantage of multiple opportunities within one calendar year that the maximum number of bonus points that can be awarded from all referral offers is 75,000 per calendar year. In the event the bonus points you earn from all referral offers exceeds the 75,000 per calendar year limit, you may be awarded a partial amount to keep your total bonus at 75,000 bonus points. For example if you have already accumulated 70,000 bonus point from refer-a-friend offers that calendar year and the maximum is 75,000 bonus point per calendar year, then the next award will be 5,000 even if the offer states 15,000. The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the offer/program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes. This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks after each new cardmember’s approval for bonus points to post to your account. Your bonus will appear on your statement as “Refer-A-Friend bonus.” You are not eligible for a referral bonus if you use your own referral URL to apply for a different card.

Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, we cannot disclose information on who has applied, nor will you be notified whether we approve or decline any application(s) from the individual(s) you refer.

Chase employees are not eligible to refer friends for this promotional offer.
Print Wikipost

Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
My wife is interested in applying for the United Club Infinite card, which until 9/30/2020 offers 100,000 signup bonus miles. I have the no annual fee MileagePlus card.

Until 9/30/2020 to the tune of 10,000 bonus miles, “New! Now you can Refer your Friends and they can choose any participating United MileagePlus credit card!”

Not that I am particularly motivated to 1) product change my no annual fee MileagePlus card to Explorer, 2) send her a referral link, 3) downgrade my card back, but it appears it would work?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:01 am

INK Refer A Friend

Is the refer a friend for Ink over ? When I go to refer a friend and enter my info for my INK it says the system is down, it works for other personal cards.

Thanks
Old Sep 27, 2020, 11:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyer4512
....info for my INK....
Which INK card do you have? INK Preferred, INK Cash or one of the discontinued variants such as INK Plus?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Which INK card do you have? INK Preferred, INK Cash or one of the discontinued variants such as INK Plus?
Business Plus...........
Old Sep 27, 2020, 2:41 pm
mia

INK Plus is discontinued. If you were able to generate a referral it would be for INK Preferred, but currently there is no referral program for Preferred. Begin at post 1259 of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...l#post32265353
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:38 pm

Is anyone else still having problem generating a referral link with the new 80K bonus? The referral links disappeared from my Chase mobile app and website altogether about a month ago, and I don't know how to generate them (but I read here some are able to generate referral links for 60k?). But I can generate referral links for other Chase cards, so is it just the Sapphire?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Damond, Amex
If I'm going to product change my Chase Sapphire Preferred to Freedom Flex or Unlimited, until when am I eligible to receive the referral bonus for the Chase Sapphire Preferred?
Exactly the day that I will do product-change? The referral bonus doesn't post immediately, right? I guess usually it posts when each statement cycle closes?

If my friend uses my referral, then I product change before the bonus posts, can I still receive the bonus?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Chase Business Referral website - offline?

I've been trying to refer a friend for a Chase business credit card for the past few days, using the normal referral link (https://www.chase.com/referabusiness/inkfamily). I enter my last name, zip code, and last 4 digits of my valid Chase Ink business card. Then it coughs up this generic error page:

Thank you for your interest.
Unfortunately, the system is unavailable at this time, and therefore, we're unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

https://www.chase.com/referafriend/generic-error

Its' been doing this for 3 days now. I've tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, multiple names and cards, logged-in and not logged-in, I've changed my underwear and stood on one foot while trying...I'm out of variations.

Is the Chase Business Referral thing working for anyone? Or is it just broken for me?
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:29 pm
mia

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
...my valid Chase Ink business card.
INK Preferred? Scroll back to post 140, read, follow the link.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by mia
INK Preferred? Scroll back to post 140, read, follow the link.
I've tried multiple, different Ink cards (eg Ink Unlimited - both mine and spouse's), result is the same. I do have an old Ink Prefered, but other flavors of Ink cards all yield the same results.

FWIW, my understanding has been that you can now refer someone for ANY Ink card, not necessarily the card you have...if that's the case, and even if I used an Ink Preferred to open the referral page, I expect it should allow you in and let you refer someone for a different card. No?

My question is: is anyone able to get to the referral page?
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
My question is: is anyone able to get to the referral page?
No. At present, existing Ink referral links work, but aside from checking your email inbox (Chase sends the link out occasionally), there's no way to find out what your link is. It's been this way for about a week.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How long does the referral bonus post?

In the past it is about a week to 10 days the referral bonus would show up in the UR account lumped into the amount that "will earn in the next statement".

I do not see such happening on a CFU approved in 3rd week of Nov, so a full month has gone by. BUT, in my Freedom referral page, I can see there is 10K showing earned, AND the wording says, I still have time to earn an additional 40K before year end... So the referral bonus apparently is reflected, but not awarded, yet.

Just for record keeping and future reference, in case I need it, I have made screen shot of the above. Hope I dont have to chase it. I gather the tax is only due at the time the bonus is awarded. Though based on how Chase messed up at the beginning and later took them months to fix it for a modified 1099, I am not that confident!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I do not see such happening on a CFU approved in 3rd week of Nov, so a full month has gone by. BUT, in my Freedom referral page, I can see there is 10K showing earned, AND the wording says, I still have time to earn an additional 40K before year end... So the referral bonus apparently is reflected, but not awarded, yet.
Are you certain that's not a referral bonus earned earlier this year? IME, the first indication is the 10k UR "earning on next statement".
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Are you certain that's not a referral bonus earned earlier this year? IME, the first indication is the 10k UR "earning on next statement".
No. My last referral bonus was earned on Ink Preferred with Ink Plus card.

This one is 10K specifically listed under my Freedom card number on the check referral page. I have 20K listed under the Ink Plus referral page.

I did ask the CS rep during the activation call on the CFU I referred my husband to get (which was not listed as card to verify receipt as it was put under fraud alert, could only verify via calling / talking to a human rep), about when I would see the referral bonus earned, she said the policy changed to 8 to 10 weeks.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
No. My last referral bonus was earned on Ink Preferred with Ink Plus card.

This one is 10K specifically listed under my Freedom card number on the check referral page. I have 20K listed under the Ink Plus referral page.

I did ask the CS rep during the activation call on the CFU I referred my husband to get (which was not listed as card to verify receipt as it was put under fraud alert, could only verify via calling / talking to a human rep), about when I would see the referral bonus earned, she said the policy changed to 8 to 10 weeks.
Have you received any 1099-MISC from Chase for referrals ? I was going to have my dad refer me for a CSP but I don't need to drive my brother ( who does his taxes and is his caregiver) crazy for 15,000 points. I thought there was a threshold where 1099's were issued, maybe that was AMEX.

Your participation in this program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the program. Please consult your tax advisor if you have any questions about your personal tax situation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.