FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase card referral questions and issues [consolidated]
Old Dec 23, 2020, 5:01 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by Happy
No. My last referral bonus was earned on Ink Preferred with Ink Plus card.

This one is 10K specifically listed under my Freedom card number on the check referral page. I have 20K listed under the Ink Plus referral page.

I did ask the CS rep during the activation call on the CFU I referred my husband to get (which was not listed as card to verify receipt as it was put under fraud alert, could only verify via calling / talking to a human rep), about when I would see the referral bonus earned, she said the policy changed to 8 to 10 weeks.
Have you received any 1099-MISC from Chase for referrals ? I was going to have my dad refer me for a CSP but I don't need to drive my brother ( who does his taxes and is his caregiver) crazy for 15,000 points. I thought there was a threshold where 1099's were issued, maybe that was AMEX.

Your participation in this program may result in miscellaneous income received from Chase and we may be required to send you, and file with the IRS, a Form 1099-MISC (Miscellaneous Income) or Form 1042-S (Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding) for the year in which you participate and are awarded the benefits of the program. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the program. Please consult your tax advisor if you have any questions about your personal tax situation.