Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
I had this card more than 2yrs ago. I see now that they offer a Global Entry credit. and waive the Annual Fee for the first year. Does this mean I can get the card, get GE, then cancel it? Or will they pull the credit back?

My GE expires July next year so I actually wouldn't be signing up for a few more months (assuming the offer is still available)
I thought the current offers all waive the annual fee. For that reason, don't you want to keep the card for a year?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RNE
I have Premier Silver status so I don't have to use my MileagePlus Explorer card to get the free-bag benefit. Instead, I use my Chase Sapphire Reserve card to purchase United flights. However, my status will end after January 2019. I have flights later in 2019 that I booked (months ago) using my CSR card. Am I going to get hit with bag fees on those flights? Or does my status at time of booking carry over?
Yes, you'll have to pay bag fees, since you won't have status when you fly and you didn't charge the flights to the United card.
RNE likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rrgg
I thought the current offers all waive the annual fee. For that reason, don't you want to keep the card for a year?
Yes. I mean if I sign up for the card, get GE renewed and reimbursed, then cancel in a year to avoid paying any annual fee, will they try to pull the GE credit back? Or is this basically a free way to get GE
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:38 pm

I cancelled my Mileage Plus Explorer card before the annual fee renewal date but received my two complimentary United club passes via email on the same day. Will I be able to use these without the card?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by baydude
I have a 40k credit limit with this card and would like to cancel since I just got the Chase Ink Business Preferred card and don’t wanna pay the annual fee. Will canceling a card with such a high credit limit affect my credit score? I don’t have any other Personal Chase credit cards to consolidate credit line to.
I would call and downgraded to a free UA card that way you keep the credit limit, or ask if you can transfer the credit limit to another chase card.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by eng3
Yes. I mean if I sign up for the card, get GE renewed and reimbursed, then cancel in a year to avoid paying any annual fee, will they try to pull the GE credit back? Or is this basically a free way to get GE
Chase T&Cs reserve the right to claw back such credits but in practice they virtually never do.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus cattle, DL SkyPesos peon, HHonors Blue
"All New" Explorer Offer -- all pluses and no clawbacks?

Roommate received one of those folded mailers for the "all new" Explorer offer -- 50k PLUS $100 S/C after first spend on the card, 2x on dining and direct hotel bookings, GE credit every 4 years, and 5k bonus for adding an AU and one purchase on that card w/in 3 mos. of account opening. As the title above says, am I right that they have essentially just added benefits and didn't remove anything? I still see all the Premier stuff, 2x on UA purchases, 2 UC passes annually, etc. from the old card. Obviously that's great if Chase did just add without taking anything back, but I'm curious to see what I missed in the T&C's somewhere if they did a switcheroo.

Or is it really as simple as what UA said last year, that their card app's are in the tank and they just need to get more people onto Chase UA cards however possible (in which case the added benefits are worth the new cardholders to offset the minor increased cost of spend bonuses and GE credits once every 4 years).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I cancelled my Mileage Plus Explorer card before the annual fee renewal date but received my two complimentary United club passes via email on the same day. Will I be able to use these without the card?
No, mail them to me. All you need is the club pass and your BP. You're good.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:06 am

Alas, most likely not.

There've been many (over a dozen) DPs over at r/churning in the past few months about folks denied entry with their electronic passes after downgrading/canceling their MPE cards. Access seems to be revoked immediately, too, as folks tried using them days after a downgrade. DPs have tried both print-outs and showing the bar codes on their electronic devices :/
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Has anyone had the 4k miles on the MP explorer card credit to their account for spending over $10,000 by 31 May yet? (reduced mileage award since they removed that benefit)

I hit the threshold back in Apr, before they announced the MP Explorer changes. Still no credit.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by philemer
No, mail them to me. All you need is the club pass and your BP. You're good.
The passes are electronic now. They almost certainly won't work.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
How long does it take to get the card once approved? I got a 60K mile with $3K 3-month spend, first year fee waived targeted promo. Since I have no status anymore, this will tide me over till I make 1MM.

Last edited by CApreppie; Jun 19, 2018 at 1:50 pm
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:10 am

I asked Chase to expedite and they sent it out next business day. Unfortunately, I asked on a Friday which means it was sent out on Monday and I received it Tuesday (IIRC).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: UAL,AA, Marriott Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CApreppie
How long does it take to get the card once approved? I got a 60K mile, first year fee waived targeted promo. Since I have no status anymore, this will tide me over till I make 1MM.
How did you get that targeted offer? Mail, email,online.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by majorkirkus
I asked Chase to expedite and they sent it out next business day. Unfortunately, I asked on a Friday which means it was sent out on Monday and I received it Tuesday (IIRC).
Thank you. Will ask them to do that. Unfortunately, I bought a ticket last night that has gone up $50 so no go on re-doing that one.
Originally Posted by tdfxman
How did you get that targeted offer? Mail, email,online.
I signed in through the United site to see their best offer for me. https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...cts/chase.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.