Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
="3"%This thread is a continuation of the archived mega thread, found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...t-credit.html]

Public Offer:40k for $2K spend + 25K for $10K spend.. Other goodies. ($95 annual fee waived the first year)

="2"%Public 40k + 25k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
https://www.theexplorercard.com

="2"%Targeted 50k + 5k ($95 annual fee waived the first year)
Landing page

Targeted 60k + 3k ($95 annual fee waived the first year) good thru 9/22/21
Landing Page.

Note: For targeted offers, you will be required to login to your MileagePlus account.
If, after logging in, you're redirected to a lower offer, it means you're not targeted.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Public 50k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Redirect page Application page

Targeted 70k + 5k AU + $50 SC offer (AF not waived, reappeared 2/1/17)
Landing page Redirect page Application page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Targeted 70k + 5k AU offer (AF not waived, expired 6/30/16)
Landing page Alternate Landing Page expired 7/31/17)

Chase Private Clients may be pre-approved for better or different offers, it's worth asking your banker.
__________________________________________________ _____________________

My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
no longer available

Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card currently offering 30K miles: United MP Business card: public offer now 50K miles!!

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
How long should I wait between canceling a card and then reapplying?
What's the Chase "5/24" policy I keep hearing about?
Now that I've completed the required spend, when will my signup bonus post?

See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward

Where can I find an online copy of the guide to the card's benefits (such as purchase protection, car rental CDW coverage, etc.)?
Go to https://www.chasebenefits.com/unitedVW4

A few of the best features of the card include priority boarding, a free checked bag, and increased award ticket availability. Priority boarding and the free checked bag for cardholders is included even on the new "basic economy" fares.

For discussion of Mileage Plus benefits, see the master thread in the United forum, found here: United MileagePlus Master Wiki

Print Wikipost

United Explorer Card (2015 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Polytonic
It appears to be listed on the TPG post.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...r-credit-card/
Good to know, I assume the GE credit will be once every 4 years like CSR, there is no mention if the annual fee will increase, let's hope not.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
The rumors say it will still be $95.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:50 am

This might be a stupid question...but when a sign-up benefit offers a $100 statement credit after first purchase, when does the statement credit actually show up? Does it show up on the statement when the billing cycle closes? Or does it show up immediately like the CSR travel credit?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by majorkirkus
This might be a stupid question...but when a sign-up benefit offers a $100 statement credit after first purchase, when does the statement credit actually show up? Does it show up on the statement when the billing cycle closes? Or does it show up immediately like the CSR travel credit?
I remember mine being before the first statement cycled
majorkirkus likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by majorkirkus
Mine showed up really quickly after the first purchase I made. I still haven't hit my first statement.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
For me, a net positive. I'll take the 2x dining and the 25% in-flight discount over the 10,000-mile bonus at $25,000 (which I assume will be grandfathered for this year).
Not grandfathered but partial credit of 4K given for $10K spend by June 1st. Letter arrived today.

I was about to chuck this card and Chase made that decision even easier.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by br2k
Not grandfathered but partial credit of 4K given for $10K spend by June 1st. Letter arrived today.

I was about to chuck this card and Chase made that decision even easier.
Waiiit a minute, I thought you were supposed to be immune from changes to program rules in-between cardmember anniversaries? This feels like a really cheap shot.

Oh well, to the sock drawer this card goes..
Old Apr 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by findark
Waiiit a minute, I thought you were supposed to be immune from changes to program rules in-between cardmember anniversaries? This feels like a really cheap shot.

Oh well, to the sock drawer this card goes..
Par for the course for Chase - they just did the same to IHG card.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:20 pm
Suspended

You guys were spending over $25,000/year on the United card at mostly 1x miles? Aside from the insurance changes, which are happening almost across the board, it's hard to believe these changes aren't a net positive for the vast majority of cardholders.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by findark
... supposed to be immune from changes to program rules in-between cardmember anniversaries? .....
What is the basis for this belief? In general, card issuers cannot make changes to the terms of personal cards during the first 12 months after initial issue, but changes can be made thereafter.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Somebody on Reddit says so.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami
You guys were spending over $25,000/year on the United card at mostly 1x miles? Aside from the insurance changes, which are happening almost across the board, it's hard to believe these changes aren't a net positive for the vast majority of cardholders.
Personally, I was spending $25K to qualify for MP Gold/Platinum. At leastI had a bonus 10K miles to go with that. These changes would decrease my earning by those 10K miles and give nothing in return (I use other cards for the new "bonus" categories, and that's not the main part of my spending anyway).

Conveniently, I decided to qualify for another *G program just a month ago - so, good timing. Even better because I am getting the extra 4K miles from the card as I am spending $10K by the end of May, and right after that the annual fee is due and it's time to cancel.

That would be 3 Chase cards gone in a matter of a few months (IHG, Ink and now this). Hopefully, Chase is getting something in exchange for their savvy tactics.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What is the basis for this belief? In general, card issuers cannot make changes to the terms of personal cards during the first 12 months after initial issue, but changes can be made thereafter.
IHG card changes were made within 5 months of me getting a card, so clearly there is no "initial 12 month" rule either.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Personally, I was spending $25K to qualify for MP Gold/Platinum. At leastI had a bonus 10K miles to go with that. These changes would decrease my earning by those 10K miles and give nothing in return (I use other cards for the new "bonus" categories, and that's not the main part of my spending anyway).

Conveniently, I decided to qualify for another *G program just a month ago - so, good timing. Even better because I am getting the extra 4K miles from the card as I am spending $10K by the end of May, and right after that the annual fee is due and it's time to cancel.

That would be 3 Chase cards gone in a matter of a few months (IHG, Ink and now this). Hopefully, Chase is getting something in exchange for their savvy tactics.
In other words, your reason for spending $25,000 at 1x was already gone. Makes no sense to spend $25,000 at 1x except to obtain the PQD waiver.

IHG card changes were made within 5 months of me getting a card, so clearly there is no "initial 12 month" rule either.
Well, the anniversary-night change won't affect you for at least 12 months.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The rule applies to the terms of the card, not any associated program sponsored by a hotel or airline. I do not know enough about IHG or UA to have an opinion on where the line would be drawn, but if you think Chase (rather than IHG or UA) made a change that takes effect during your first 12 months you should file a complaint here:

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.