Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by mia
Business cards do not have Authorized Users, only Employee cards.

You should be able to Combine points from one of your cards to one of her cards online, but if it does not work you can call Chase customer service. Either way, you will need her card number.
I can't see any of my wife's chase biz cards on my Chase account UR combine points page and vice versa. I am not employee card holder on her Ink preferred card but I am employee card holder on her ink cash card. Do I still have to be added as employee card holder on her Ink preferred card for her to be able to transfer points to my UA or other transfer partners? Do I have to provide my SSN on the ink preferred card if I am to be added as employee? Says optional but also says add it now or add it when card is received.

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 28, 2023 at 12:50 am
Old Sep 28, 2023, 6:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
I can't see any of my wife's chase biz cards....
Correct, you cannot see another person's card until you manually add it. That's why you need her card number.

You must hold an employee card on an INK account that is eligible to make the Transfer to airline or hotel partners. When she goes to make the Transfer she will use a specific account, and the system must find an employee card on the same account to display your name.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
Correct, you cannot see another person's card until you manually add it. That's why you need her card number.

You must hold an employee card on an INK account that is eligible to make the Transfer to airline or hotel partners. When she goes to make the Transfer she will use a specific account, and the system must find an employee card on the same account to display your name.
it won’t allow to combine online . On one of her in cash account I am Employee but I don’t see my employee card on her chase biz card account UR combine page .
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:12 am
mia

it won’t allow to combine online . On one of her in cash account I am Employee but I don’t see my employee card on her chase biz card account UR combine page .
Combining and Transferring are separate processes with different requirements. If you want to move points from your UR account to her UR account you need to login to the UR account where your points are now, and link it to her INK Preferred card. (Your existing employee card is not involved.)
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
Combining and Transferring are separate processes with different requirements. If you want to move points from your UR account to her UR account you need to login to the UR account where your points are now, and link it to her INK Preferred card. (Your existing employee card is not involved.)
combining is between UR earning card accounts and transferring is to FF accounts. I got that. I manage all of our accounts but I don't see an option to link cards in order to move points from mine to her biz account. Also do I have to provide my SSN on employee card detail page if I want me to be added as employee on her preferred card? It says you have to add now or add later when you received the employee card. thanks
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:40 am
mia

When you login to your UR account and choose Combine it should display each of your other UR accounts as potential sources (left) and destinations (right). It should also display one empty position (lower right) for another person's UR account. If that position is already used you may need to delete and reuse it. There is considerable variation in what you might see depending on how many UR accounts you have, if they are all linked to one Username, and how the account has been previously used. I cannot tell you exactly what you will see. If there is no option to add a new destination account you will need to call.

I do not know if she will be able to add you as an employee or Transfer to your airline account without a SSN.

Last edited by mia; Sep 28, 2023 at 8:26 am
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia
When you login to your UR account and choose Combine it should display each of your other UR accounts as potential sources (left) and destinations (right). It should also display one empty position (lower right) for another person's UR account. If that position is already used you may need to delete and reuse it. There is considerable variation in what you might see depending on how many UR accounts you have, if they are all linked to one Username, and how the account has been previously used. I cannot tell you exactly what you will see. If there is no option to add a new destination account you will need to call.

I do not know if she will be able to add you as an employee or Transfer to your airline account without a SSN.
I am added as employee and I see employee card on wife's ink preferred card. it now shows my name on points transfer to FF page but when I choose FF account like United.There is an error message down there that says
"Error icon Special handling required. We are unable to process this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance." So it won't allow transfer. I have to move my points to her account before she can transfer points from her account to my FF account?

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 29, 2023 at 12:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:48 am

-_-_-

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 4:08 pm
Old Sep 29, 2023, 9:23 am
mia

. I have to move my points to her account before she can transfer points from her account to my FF account?
There must be sufficient points in her account to cover the Transfer. It does not matter if the points were earned by her or moved from your account.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by mia
There must be sufficient points in her account to cover the Transfer. It does not matter if the points were earned by her or moved from your account.
what?
Old Sep 29, 2023, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by beltway
The “special handling” message started showing up recently even for some of us who have been doing seamless transfers to travel partners for years. See my earlier post, Ultimate Rewards - Airline and Hotel Transfer Partners, Rules, Timelines, (2017 on).

IOW, it’s not you, it’s Chase being paranoid/restrictive. Your spouse will need to call in to perform the transfer to your UA account.
I called last night and the rep couldn’t help resolve the issue . Will call again today
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:01 pm

When transferring points to any transfer partner account, when she selects her name as confirmed card user and than my FF account, the special handling req and call message appears. Also when she selects my name as confirmed card user and select my FF or hotel loyal account transfer page, the same special handling req and call message appears. She can only transfer to her accounts. Transfer to my FF or hotel loyalty account shows this error. We have called chase 2 times and none could help saying the recepient can't receive points transfer. Looks like they have stopped points transfer to household, employee and authorized users.

what a bad timing!

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 29, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:31 pm
mia

..... Looks like they have stopped points transfer to household, employee and authorized users.!
No, they have a software problem which the frontline employees do not understand. You can decide whether it is more efficient to open a Transfer eligible card in your own name, or work your way through Chase customer service to someone who can make the Transfer from your wife's UR account to your UA account. When they tell her than you are "not eligible" ask them 1) Why? and 2) Where the rule is published. Then repeat at the next level.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mia
No, they have a software problem which the frontline employees do not understand. You can decide whether it is more efficient to open a Transfer eligible card in your own name, or work your way through Chase customer service to someone who can make the Transfer from your wife's UR account to your UA account. When they tell her than you are "not eligible" ask them 1) Why? and 2) Where the rule is published. Then repeat at the next level.
so on third call, asked for a supervisor, i explained but she told me this is a biz account , we need to verify and send this and that biz docs and also FF accounts in order for this to work. I told her that's fine, I will only use the transfer to main account holder's transfer partner account.
Looks like I should upgrade one of my freedom to CSP but than there is a fee .I am not eligible for CSP or the bonus until early next year. I shouldn't have problem moving points from her biz card to any of my chase personal or biz card right?

You can’t transfer Ultimate Rewards to an authorized user’s/employee's frequent flyer or hotel loyalty account online

If you’re trying to transfer points to an existing authorized user’s airline or hotel loyalty account, you’ll encounter a message stating:
“Special handling required. We are unable to process this transfer online. Please call the number on the back of your card for assistance.”

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 29, 2023 at 5:46 pm
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:04 pm
mia

.... shouldn't have problem moving points from her biz card to any of my chase personal or biz card right?
Correct, but some people do experience problems as reported here: Problems Combining UR points between accounts You can move the points before upgrading the card to see if there are problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.