Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2023, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There are TWO requirements to transfer from a business card to an airline or hotel partner. You must be both an Authorized User on her account -and- an owner of the business:
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
So how do I add my husband as OWNER? I'm getting this error code this morning, talked to Chase UR and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I even asked if I needed to designate him as an owner somehow because I noticed the language has changed since I last transferred points to him years ago. I just tried removing and adding him as an AU. Hopefully I didn't screw myselt.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by jperiod
So how do I add my husband as OWNER? I'm getting this error code this morning, talked to Chase UR and they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. I even asked if I needed to designate him as an owner somehow because I noticed the language has changed since I last transferred points to him years ago. I just tried removing and adding him as an AU. Hopefully I didn't screw myselt.
Just wanted to update for anyone reading along. I called chase again and they said the only way to update my husband as an owner is to fill out a form in the mail. So it doesn't help me today and I've already missed out on the flight I wanted at the sale rate trying to get this figured out today. But they're mailing it to me so I can be ready next time. It's so frustrating though, because I've had this account forever and he's been listed as an AU all this time. I've transferred to him in the past, so this is a change in the last 4ish years.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
DP-adding AU

8/5-sent a DM and asked to have my wife added as an AU to my CSP. I wanted to transfer some UR to her WN (SWA) acct.
8/6-rep. said they could do that but first I had to read a disclaimer about fraud, etc, and then provide her name, address & DOB. Complied
8/7-she was added and I was able to make an instant transfer to her WN acct.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I am unable to transfer any points from my Ink to my wife's FF accounts. She is an AU. When I click on her name it says transfer cannot be done, please call. I called a few weeks ago and set up a ticket, but nothing has been corrected.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:03 pm

deleted

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 26, 2023, 4:30 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by beltway
I reported a similar experience recently in another thread.
I think you mean THIS post. The difference seems to be that Chase customer service could make the Transfer for you, while in UA Fan's case it appears the Transfer is blocked?
Old Aug 26, 2023, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reading this thread makes me think that the strategy of keeping only one transferrable UR card in the family is NOT working any more because there are so many issues to transfer to AU's airline / hotel loyalty accounts even with a well-established AU. So both husband and wife need to have a transferrable UR card, AND free UR cards that have each other as AU - First do combine points between the spouses free cards, then for the spouse that needs external transfer, combine the points to the transferrable card, then transfer out (it seems you need to wait till next day before you can "use" the newly combined point balance). What a pain for those who have the needs to transfer UR to AU's loyalty accounts.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:56 am

Any way to swap AUs for transfer purposes on a sapphire card?

My SO is an AU and I transferred points to their FF account
I have since added my brother as an AU
Of course, I can't transfer to brothers FF account due to the one AU rule

Question: If I drop my SO as an AU, can the second AU (brother) now be the one AU that will be allowed to transfer to their FF account or was my SO locked in in perpetuity as the only one allowed for transfers even if no longer an AU?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 12:57 pm

deleted

Last edited by beltway; Apr 5, 2024 at 11:54 am
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:29 pm

My wife and I both have Chase personal and biz card accounts. We live at same address but different last name. We both have separate personal and biz cards log ins. She is Joint account user on one of my freedom card . We have have UR points on our accounts.
I don't have a Chase card that can transfer points to airline or hotel accounts. She has Ink preferred business card that allows points transfer. I am not AU on her Ink preferred business card.
How can I transfer points to my UA account?
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:38 pm
mia

You need to have an employee card on her INK Preferred account. Then, she should be able to Transfer to your UA account.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You need to have an employee card on her INK Preferred account. Then, she should be able to Transfer to your UA account.
so she adds me as authorized user on her ink preferred card and than she has to add my UA account and she would transfer the points?

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 27, 2023 at 6:13 pm
Old Sep 27, 2023, 2:38 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Blueheaven
....he has to add my UR account and she would transfer the points?
No, first you have to move points from your UR account(s) to her INK Preferred account. Chase calls this Combining. Read here:

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Problems Combining UR points between accounts
Old Sep 27, 2023, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
No, first you have to move points from your UR account(s) to her INK Preferred account. Chase calls this Combining. Read here:

Combining UR points from multiple card accounts [Consolidated]

Problems Combining UR points between accounts
to add ME as employee AU, She can go to her Chase biz preferred account and add me as AU right? Next I need to figure out how to move points from my biz card account to her biz card account. Have to call chase and say I want to do this and the I am combining to my wife's account and provide my biz card account and her ink preferred card number?

Last edited by Blueheaven; Sep 27, 2023 at 6:50 pm
Old Sep 27, 2023, 9:06 pm
mia

Business cards do not have Authorized Users, only Employee cards.

You should be able to Combine points from one of your cards to one of her cards online, but if it does not work you can call Chase customer service. Either way, you will need her card number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.