Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 13, 2015, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Effective 11/15/15, the rules are different for CSP vs. UR-earning business cards (like the Ink Plus).

Ink Plus: The new program agreement states that
  • for combining points (i.e., moving between two UR accounts), "[y]ou can move your points, but only to another Chase card with Ultimate Rewards belonging to you or one member of your household or owner of the company, as applicable."
  • for transfers from UR to travel partner programs, "[y]ou can transfer points in 1,000 point increments, but only to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on the account."
CSP: You can add one household member as an AU and then xfer UR to their programs.

NOTE: According to the Chase website, for both business cards and CSP "only primary cardmember frequent travel program accounts will be saved and authorized user (i.e. householder [sic] member or business owner) frequent travel program account information must be re-entered each time you want to transfer points."

For discussion of technical problems related to combining UR points with other UR accounts, see Problems Combining UR points between accounts.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL KM

Just received this:

We are making changes to the Chase Ultimate Rewards® point transfer program.

Here are a few things you need to know:

Starting November 15th, when you transfer points to participating frequent travel programs, you can only transfer points to yourself or an owner of the company who is listed as an authorized user on your card account.
If you previously saved your frequent travel program numbers on Chase Ultimate Rewards, you will need to reenter them.
Please make sure the name on your Chase account matches the name on your frequent travel program accounts.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:02 pm

Just got that too. Is this only for Ink?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
So, no more transfers to spouse's accounts? Got it on my Ink Bold.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by compddd
Just got that too. Is this only for Ink?
It came to my Ink account, but didn't state that specifically. Just said "Ultimate Rewards".
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Namaste1
So, no more transfers to spouse either?
Only if they are an authorized user with a card to match.

I saw some more details via the link below:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....points-spouse/
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:05 pm

Chase has slowly turned from great to crummy over time.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

I can't agree with this assessment. It's still heads and tails above most card offerings.

Originally Posted by compddd
Chase has slowly turned from great to crummy over time.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:05 pm

After reading it, I see this change as a good thing.

Originally Posted by G2244
Only if they are an authorized user with a card to match.

I saw some more details via the link below:
http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....points-spouse/
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:25 pm
x00

Received following notification today:

Here are a few things you need to know:

Starting November 15th, when you transfer points to participating frequent travel programs, you can only transfer points to yourself or one additional household member who is listed on your card account as an authorized user.
If you previously saved your frequent travel program numbers on Chase Ultimate Rewards, you will need to reenter them.
Please make sure the name on your Chase account matches the name on your frequent travel program accounts.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Yup, Chase does not want points being used as currency anymore. Go figure.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Hopefully (since it isn't mentioned either way), the "combine points" option will remain the same so that one spouse can transfer UR points to the other spouse's UR-eligible card.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
My wife is the primary account holder, but I have a card in my name under her account. Will I still be able to transfer points to my account?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This is Chase's second attempt to refine this policy. See this thread which began in November 2012:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...c-partner.html
Old Nov 13, 2015, 4:05 pm

I received the notification for my Ink. I don’t have CSP. I interpret it as only being able to transfer to my own airline/hotel accounts or those belonging to the business owner (which is myself). I see NO option of being able to transfer it to a spouse or “household member” if he/she isn’t a business co-owner. My wife and I each have Ink cards and we share the same address. It looks like she won’t be able to transfer her points to me.
Old Nov 13, 2015, 7:42 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I received the notification for my Ink. I don’t have CSP. I interpret it as only being able to transfer to my own airline/hotel accounts or those belonging to the business owner (which is myself). I see NO option of being able to transfer it to a spouse or “household member” if he/she isn’t a business co-owner. My wife and I each have Ink cards and we share the same address. It looks like she won’t be able to transfer her points to me.
Called Chase. Asked whether the Ink Plus "secure message" wording meant no more transfers to spouses. CSR asked me to wait while she inquired. A few minutes later returned and told me that the wording of the "secure message" was unfortunate, but did NOT mean there was any change as to the transfers to spouses policy, which are still permitted. She said wording was only meant to include an "owner" of the business, if other than the cardholder. I asked her level of certainty. She said this is what she was told by superiors, and that she was 100% certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.