Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:50 pm

I applied for Marrioff business card (way over 5/24) and got the message to call them with Ref No.....questions is: do I need to call them?, I applied for many Chase cards before either "instant approved" or "we will let you know......" message, never saw "call us with Ref. No" before......please advice.
Thanks
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Wikipost says:

How long will it take them to meet the Reserve $4,000 spend X 2?
Yeah, I saw that but was not sure whether 2 applications in one day might be a way around it as opposed to doing one now and one later. But I think probably about 2 months for $8k.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
You seem to be confused as to what "do not fall under 5/24" means.

If you open a Hyatt card, that does count toward 5/24 on subsequent applications.

All "does not fall under 5/24" means is that 5/24 will not be used in considering whether you can apply for a Hyatt card or not. But once you open a Hyatt, it does count toward 5/24 on any subsequent applications (for 24 months).

So I don't get your math. You're at 5/24 now, and you want to apply for 3 cards (Hyatt + 2 SW) after only 2 cards drop off? That sounds like a recipe for failure.

The only way to get this to work is to wait until after you've applied for your 2 new SW cards, and then if the Hyatt card at that point is still not under 5/24, then you can apply for the Hyatt card last. But it does no good to apply for the Hyatt card first.
That's what I thought but wanted to make sure! Gah! Stupid 5/24!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by wagon297
I applied for Marrioff business card (way over 5/24) and got the message to call them with Ref No.....questions is: do I need to call them?, I applied for many Chase cards before either "instant approved" or "we will let you know......" message, never saw "call us with Ref. No" before......please advice.
Thanks
DW and I recently both applied for Hyatt cards. First time for a Hyatt for each of us, but of course way over 5/24. We both got the request to call in, and due to advice on this thread, neither of us called. We both were approved for our cards a couple of weeks later.

The name of the Chase Recon Line has been changed. It is now officially called the Chase Sadistic Denial Line.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 5:54 pm

Thanks
If they ask you to call then you'll want to call. It's usually something mundane and easy.

Originally Posted by Willbur
2 week automated message on the Marriott biz - basically gave up on getting CSR pre-approval because I have too many Chase cards I'm currently keeping. I will report back once I hear but expecting good things. This would be 44/24.
As a follow-up on my original post five days ago, got approved without calling in.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 6:39 pm

Does CPC still reliably override 5/24? I can't remember where I read several datapoints of CPC members getting rejected for 5/24. I signed up for CPC in August and my wife and I were approved for the CSR. We haven't applied for any cards since then, but I would like her to apply for SWA personal and business cards in early 2017 so she can get the companion pass.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 4:16 am

If they ask you to call then you'll want to call. It's usually something mundane and easy.
Except when it's not. You've got to ask yourself a question: do I feel lucky?
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Except when it's not. You've got to ask yourself a question: do I feel lucky?
When you receive a reference number I don't believe they will process until you call, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Willbur; Oct 26, 2016 at 7:01 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:05 am

When you receive a reference number I don't believe they will process until you call, but I could be wrong.
Yes, you are indeed wrong. Both DW and I got reference numbers, did not call, and were both approved several weeks later.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:08 pm

Marriott Biz Card Approved over 5/24

Applied 10/14, way over 5/24, automated status line says "30 days". Got welcome email today 10/26.

Applied back in July, was declined due to "too many new accounts". It was probably a mistake to apply just a week after trying United Explorer personal card which was affected by 5/24. Got double rejections.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Yes, you are indeed wrong. Both DW and I got reference numbers, did not call, and were both approved several weeks later.
Great to know, thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:14 pm

Thanks
updated: decided not to call, received an email from marrioff for approved a day later.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:58 pm

updated: decided not to call, received an email from marrioff for approved a day later.
^

Way to go.

The only reason to call Chase these days is if you are under 5/24 on your own cards, but over 5/24 when you include AU cards in the count. In that case you more or less have to call. Otherwise, just don't....

In the very rare case that Chase does need some piece of information before they can approve an app, you will mail you a request for that specific information. Which you can handle by mailing that info back to them.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:36 pm

I was instantly approved. Now I gotta spent $4000 in three months to get my 50k points... I was up to about $3k per month on my Southwest credit card so, should be easy.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:33 am

Applied today for CSR
6/24 with 2 AU's that have had the AU's removed
pending 7-10 days, will let it ride out but assuming I'll have to call recon with a denial to have AU's removed from the count in a couple weeks and/or reallocate credit

Last edited by btk2333; Nov 1, 2016 at 8:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.