Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carlitos
It all depends. I also applied for the Marriott Biz way over 5/24 and got pending. Called the auto line and got 2 weeks instead of 7 days. So waited and got approved 1 week later. So first find out what the automated line says about your app.
5/24 doesn't matter a single bit for Marriott biz. Per the wiki, it's one of the handful of Chase cards excluded from 5/24 rules.

But there's only a small number of cards (mostly hotel cards) that are exempt from 5/24.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:36 pm

2 week automated message on the Marriott biz - basically gave up on getting CSR pre-approval because I have too many Chase cards I'm currently keeping. I will report back once I hear but expecting good things. This would be 44/24.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:11 pm

So Marriott Business is not under the rule.
What About Marriott Premier Visa (Personal)?

(I checked this Wiki, the Marriott Wiki, and the last 10 pages of this thread!)
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by JoeJetplane
So Marriott Business is not under the rule.
What About Marriott Premier Visa (Personal)?

(I checked this Wiki, the Marriott Wiki, and the last 10 pages of this thread!)
It is under the rule. It's the 6th one on the list in the Wiki.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by corpgator
It is under the rule. It's the 6th one on the list in the Wiki.
There is no list of cards under the 5/24 rule. Here is what is in the Wiki regarding the 5/24 rule:

--

Does the 5/24 rule apply to applications for all Chase cards?
Previously the rule did not apply to applications for the Ink Plus business card or to co-branded cards such as United, Hyatt, IHG, etc. However, on May 22, 2016 Chase extended its 5/24 rule to cover Ink business cards and some co-branded cards. (Note that there were premature reports that Chase Ink Plus would be made subject to the rule in March 2016 (which did not happen), and that all co-branded cards would follow in April 2016 (also did not happen).)

Although we had numerous reports of applications prior to May 22 being denied for a United/Hyatt/IHG/WN card by a CSR citing the 5/24 rule, the available evidence strongly suggested that those applicants had other serious issues--multiple Chase applications in a short period; large existing Chase credit line--and that overzealous CSRs gratuitously (and erroneously) invoked the 5/24 rule in the past as an additional supposed justification for the denial. Thus, it is difficult to separate such false positives from any change in Chase policy.

Instead, the most useful data points are those where an applicant is approved for a Chase card despite being over 5/24. Since May 22, we have such reports for these co-branded cards:
Please follow discussion in the thread for current updates.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:33 pm

There is no list of cards under the 5/24 rule.
Look at the top of the wiki.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Look at the top of the wiki.
I can see the link to the Marriott Premiere Visa thread.
I can click the link to the Marriott Premiere Visa thread.
The Marriott Premiere Visa thread says in its Wiki:

--

The 5/24 rule for Chase, where 5 or more new accounts in 24 months can result in an application denial, may apply to Marriott cards. Consult the wiki in this thread at Applying for Chase Credit Cards for more information.

--

And like I said, I read both Wikis and the last 10 pages of this 334 page thread before posting and asking!
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:32 pm

5/24 applies to the card listed at the top of the wiki.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And like I said, I read both Wikis and the last 10 pages of this 334 page thread before posting and asking!
Look at post 5001 (4 posts above this). It copied from the wiki the relevant part, which lists the very few cards that are exempt for 5/24. All Chase cards not listed on that short list are subject to 5/24. It's that simple.

The only non-simple thing is that that list in the middle of the wiki, so if you don't read the wiki carefully you might miss it. But it's there in post 5001 for you to find more easily right now.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:24 pm

Ritz card

What about the ritz Carlton card?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
5/24 applies to the card listed at the top of the wiki.
Very kindly, the link at the top of the Wiki also contains:
  • IHG Rewards Visa/MC
  • Hyatt Rewards Card from Chase
  • Chase BA Visa
  • Chase Amazon Visa
  • Fairmont Signature Visa
Which are well known for NOT being under 5/24.
Thank you kindly for trying to help.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Look at post 5001 (4 posts above this). It copied from the wiki the relevant part, which lists the very few cards that are exempt for 5/24. All Chase cards not listed on that short list are subject to 5/24. It's that simple.

The only non-simple thing is that that list in the middle of the wiki, so if you don't read the wiki carefully you might miss it. But it's there in post 5001 for you to find more easily right now.
Very kindly, Post 5001 comes from the Wiki, and contains a short list of cards that have been approved. The list does not contain:
  • Chase Disney
  • Chase Ritz-Carlton
Which are well known for NOT being under 5/24.
Thank you kindly for trying to help.

And I have the information I need now.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 5:39 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
And I have the information I need now.
Suggestion: Edit the Wikipost to explicitly answer your question, which will make it easier for the next person to find.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:37 pm

Wife is authorized user - can she apply for same card?

can she apply for a card that she is a authorized user for or should i remove her first?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by kingrat
can she apply for a card that she is a authorized user for or should i remove her first?
Yes she can apply and get it.
If you want to remove her as a AU you can but you don't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.