Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by waingro
doesn't work. Wife got 1,000 miles and still can only get 30k offer.
Well, it worked for us. This pattern happened over the course of two years and she never applied and the offer would always show up in the mail after dining out with a card linked to the dining program. There is probably more that goes into it, but I'm just relaying my own personal experience.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by JaytheBarber
check out my post from a few weeks ago in the United explorer card thread. In our experience, a tried and true method of getting targeted for the 50K offer when it wasn't publicly available was accruing a small number of miles through the mileageplus dining program. Wife would always get a targeted offer within days of miles hitting the account.
I'll give that a shot. What credit card did she have linked to her MileagePlus dining program? Do you think it has to be a Chase product? Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 10:20 am

Hi, all. I'm new to this game, only starting a month ago, when I signed up for the Sapphire Preferred, United MileagePlus, and Barclaycard Arrival Plus. (I opened another card 22 months ago, so I'm at 4/24). I'm now trying to cram as much Chase love in before the rumored hammer drops. I'm getting married in a few months so I will have no problem hitting spending requirements organically .

I applied for Ink Plus 10 days ago. I got the "two weeks" message then, and still have it today. I want to get more Chase apps in as soon as possible. I don't want to turn the probable approval into a rejection by rocking the boat with more personal apps, but not sure if that's possible. Any advice which side I should err on? Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Have 20+ HP in past 2 years, about 6 in the past 6 months. Applied for United MPE personal on 3/9, got the 30 day message over the phone.

Waited it out and it showed up on my account online today - 30 day message never changed.

They ended up extending me way more credit than I had expected given my already-large credit line with them.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johnstein
If you only care about approval, not a number of inquiries, I would say it is not a good idea to apply multiple cards at a time. my so have gotten 4 cards within a month. The last application was yesterday which immediately went into pending with 2 weeks message. Approved today in the morning with 20k credit line. chase seems to be comfortable as it can see the history at the time of application. of course, no other cards from other banks during this period, except spg bus.

Thanks Johnstein, this is a great data point. Like you said, I am worried about inquiries, but would like to get them combined when possible. However, looking at the situation, it seems I should just separate my applications in future.

As of today, my wife just got a personal application approved but the Ink is still pending. Everyone, wonder if I should call in or let the Ink app stay pending with the two weeks message and hope that it may get approved later?

Is it that Chase won't approve two applications in the same day? Welcome until tips as I don't know if I should call in today or tomorrow before the 5/24 kicks in or just wait and hope the system will approve before 5/24 comes in?

Thank you very much for your help!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:16 pm

Not sure if it helps. Both me and my wife were approved for the Marriott and the Hyatt cards in the last 2 weeks. I got approved for the SPG personal just before I applied for the chase cards. I have probably 8 HP's in the last 6 months..
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG SA, AA ExP, UA Silver, O6 Gold
Originally Posted by knn9413a
Not sure if it helps. Both me and my wife were approved for the Marriott and the Hyatt cards in the last 2 weeks. I got approved for the SPG personal just before I applied for the chase cards. I have probably 8 HP's in the last 6 months..
Do you apply both cards same day? How many Chase cards do you have before the applications?
I have 5 Chase cards and I just applied Marriott yesterday(pending) but I wonder if I should go for Hyatt.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 3:14 pm

For the 2/30 rule, is it the application date that is used or the approval date? I'm assuming the former but it wasn't in the wiki.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:34 pm

Sorry, deleted, double post.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by knn9413a
Thanks knn9413a for the data point, I am also curious whether you have both cards approved on the same day. It seems Chase won't approve more than 1 card on same day (based on my recent experience), wonder if anyone experienced the same.

This is especially the case if a personal card already approved and an Ink business application is followed after.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 5:02 pm

I've had two approvals the same day, in February as soon as I heard about the expansion of 5/24. I had the two Southwest personal cards approved: the Plus by phone with a referral, and the Premier online after about an hour.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:08 pm

Applied for BA and IHG using 2BM, because I've got nothing to lose, especially if the inquires are combined and I get at least one of those cards.

When I call the application status line, it wants to transfer me to a CSR. I haven't had the macaroons to stay on the line and see what happens. Should I?
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Thanks Johnstein, this is a great data point. Like you said, I am worried about inquiries, but would like to get them combined when possible. However, looking at the situation, it seems I should just separate my applications in future.

As of today, my wife just got a personal application approved but the Ink is still pending. Everyone, wonder if I should call in or let the Ink app stay pending with the two weeks message and hope that it may get approved later?

Is it that Chase won't approve two applications in the same day? Welcome until tips as I don't know if I should call in today or tomorrow before the 5/24 kicks in or just wait and hope the system will approve before 5/24 comes in?

Thank you very much for your help!
i would suggest lowering credit line and wait and see. but someone else may disagree.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by rakers
I'll give that a shot. What credit card did she have linked to her MileagePlus dining program? Do you think it has to be a Chase product? Thanks!
Im not sure. In our case, it happened to be a Chase Freedom
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:58 am

I had applied for Ink Plus as sole proprietorship back in Oct 15 and got a denial letter a month later with reason that too many accounts were opened, had a late payment (in 2013) etc.

How long would be wise to wait before re-applying again? I want to get it before 5/24 rule kicks in.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.