Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by hatey
Do you apply both cards same day? How many Chase cards do you have before the applications?
I have 5 Chase cards and I just applied Marriott yesterday(pending) but I wonder if I should go for Hyatt.
No.. it was 2 weeks apart. I have 5 Chase cards in all. The funny thing is the kind of credit they extended was over $50K both cards included
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Thanks knn9413a for the data point, I am also curious whether you have both cards approved on the same day. It seems Chase won't approve more than 1 card on same day (based on my recent experience), wonder if anyone experienced the same.

This is especially the case if a personal card already approved and an Ink business application is followed after.
it was 2 weeks apart. I wasn't really planning on applying for the Hyatt until I booked a trip for this summer
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by PumpkinSmasher
For the 2/30 rule, is it the application date that is used or the approval date? I'm assuming the former but it wasn't in the wiki.
I believe its the application date - exactly 30 days after the app date the automated recon line drops the information for the application.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:47 pm

So weird, I'm calling the Chase application status line after applying yesterday.

It keeps saying it cannot access the record at this time. This is for the Ink+ if that matters...
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jayoxd
... cannot access the record at this time....
An hour or so ago I logged into chase.com, and many features were temporarily unavailable. Probably not specific to your application.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rakers
What credit card did she have linked to her MileagePlus dining program? Do you think it has to be a Chase product?
You can use any credit card from any bank with the MileagePlus Dining program. The dining program is run by a separate company called Rewards Network. You can use a Visa or MC or Amex or Discover (though some restaurants either don't accept or [do accept yet] don't give miles for Amex and/or Discover, so check each restaurant's list of cards for which they give miles carefully if you're using one of those card types).

Plus you can have multiple cards (possibly of various types) registered with MileagePlus Dining. And RewardsNetwork only keeps track of the last 4 digits, so I doubt they even know whether it's a Chase card or not.

But in case you haven't used it and don't realize it: While all other airline dining programs at Rewards Network use a Rewards Network login page, MileagePlus Dining starts at a Rewards Network page, then takes you to a UA site for login, then takes you back to a Rewards Network page after you log in. So it could be that the 50k offer had nothing to do with using the dining program per se but simply with the UA logins that were occuring a side effect. UA is known for targeting 50k offers to some people (especially, but not necessarily exclusively, UA elites) when they're logged in, even when the public offer is smaller.

For more questions about the Rewards Network dining programs, there's a separate forum on FT:

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 31, 2016 at 1:21 pm
Old Mar 31, 2016, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mhdena
I waited 21 days for an approval yesterday for Hyatt.

I was like you 6 months ago Hyatt was declined for to many recent apps after calling in and speaking to someone. You have to wait it out and DO NOT CALL.

This is the new normal.
Applied for a targeted United 50K offer 3/11, started with the 2 week message, it changed to 30 days after about 10, called this morning still saying 30 days, this afternoon the United card is in my online account and on my app.

My Advice Do Not Call..
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:10 pm

SW cards

Applied for SW premier 3/12 approved 3/17
Applied for SW plus with a phone referral 3/25 approved today 3/31
20 hard pulls on TU as well as 7 cards within this month FICO low 700'S
I am happy but shocked to be approved !
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Calling in For Ink Application with 2 Week Message?

Hi everyone, would like to follow up and seek some tips and help for my question. I have a personal application already approved and the Ink Plus application is still pending with the two weeks message. I have also lowered my credit line for other cards, leaving a few thousand in case I need to relocate some of the CL.

Now we are on 4/1, should I call into Chase to have the application processed manually or should still wait since it's still at two weeks message. Previous I have the experience calling in and get rejected because they see that I just had a personal card approved. But if I don't call in, I worry the 5/24 rule may kick in before my Ink application will get process. What do you guys think? Thanks for any tips and help. Have a great day

Last edited by NttDocomo; Apr 1, 2016 at 8:39 am Reason: Adding a Title
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Hi everyone, would like to follow up and seek some tips and help for my question. I have a personal application already approved and the Ink Plus application is still pending with the two weeks message. I have also lowered my credit line for other cards, leaving a few thousand in case I need to relocate some of the CL.

Now we are on 4/1, should I call into Chase to have the application processed manually or should still wait since it's still at two weeks message. Previous I have the experience calling in and get rejected because they see that I just had a personal card approved. But if I don't call in, I worry the 5/24 rule may kick in before my Ink application will get process. What do you guys think? Thanks for any tips and help. Have a great day
On business cards they may want to grill you a bit about your business. I'd call them.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by philemer
On business cards they may want to grill you a bit about your business. I'd call them.
That's precisely why I would NOT call, unless one has a legitimate, years-old, high-revenue business.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Applied for the Freedom Unlimited when the link went live yesterday. I've only opened 3 cards in total during the last 24 months so I was expecting an instant approval. Got the 7-10 day message. Called in today and the rep was adamant that I've opened "too many" credit card accounts over the last 2 years.

I've checked and double-checked my credit report today. Only three accounts have opening dates within the last 24 months. FICO is well over 800. I fought with the rep on the phone for about 10 minutes but he wasn't having any of it and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. He just said "try again in a few months." I've been a Chase customer for over 15 years and have never been treated so poorly.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Sixt Plat, Avis Prez Club, Hertz Prez Circ, Nat'l EE
Originally Posted by ryanmcv
Applied for the Freedom Unlimited when the link went live yesterday. I've only opened 3 cards in total during the last 24 months so I was expecting an instant approval. Got the 7-10 day message. Called in today and the rep was adamant that I've opened "too many" credit card accounts over the last 2 years.

I've checked and double-checked my credit report today. Only three accounts have opening dates within the last 24 months. FICO is well over 800. I fought with the rep on the phone for about 10 minutes but he wasn't having any of it and refused to transfer me to a supervisor. He just said "try again in a few months." I've been a Chase customer for over 15 years and have never been treated so poorly.
I recommend calling back. I've had a couple approvals in past years from, not the first, but the second recon agent with whom I spoke. Not 100% approval rate, but 2 out of 3 or 4 for sure.

Can anyone attest to the difference in level of grilling versus approval rate for INK cards comparing a B&M agent's grilling to that of a phone rep?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by haarpquake
I recommend calling back. I've had a couple approvals in past years from, not the first, but the second recon agent with whom I spoke. Not 100% approval rate, but 2 out of 3 or 4 for sure.

Can anyone attest to the difference in level of grilling versus approval rate for INK cards comparing a B&M agent's grilling to that of a phone rep?
Second this and would like to hear what everyone thinks, whether to call in for Ink, especially with the 2 weeks pending message (while 5/24 is imminent). I am not worry about the grilling, but that the CSR will reject if they see I have a personal card application approved few days ago.

Also if I called and get rejected, will it make sense to call again? Last time I did that they said they saw my call record and a decision was made, asking why I am calling again. Did anyone experience that? Thanks for all tips and help.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Do all of the recon phone numbers in the wiki route to the same office/department? Just wondering it it's worth trying a different number on my second call. My initial call was to the first recon number listed (ending in 0625).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.