Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Pre-2015 discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1369343-how-many-chase-cards-do-you-can-you-have.html
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
CSP
Freedom
Ink Plus
Slate
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:06 pm

Chase Ink
Chase Ink Plus
Chase Freedom
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:32 pm

I have 6 (5 personal, 1 business):
Saphhire (downgraded from Preferred)
IHG
Ink Plus Visa
United
Freedom
Ritz Carlton
Old Feb 10, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
once you close a chase card how soon before you can apply. I have 2 chase personal and 2 chase business and i recently close 1 chase personal, i want to see how long i need to wait before applying for the freedom
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:00 pm

How long does it general take to be approved for a Southwest personal card? When I call the status line it says it is being reviewed and I will receive something in the mail within two weeks. Two weeks is tomorrow...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by Willbur
Freedom #1 (8yrs old)
Freedom #2 (5yrs old)

Amazon (7yrs old)

SW Premier
SW Plus
Ink Plus Biz
Ritz Carlton

So 7 cards for ~$70k total CL. I'd like to get the MileagePlus 50k I was targeted for (and expires 2/28) but I know I'm at the ceiling of line they'll give me and I just got the Ritz and reallocated. So debating on whether I will pull the trigger on that one or not.

Clearly I keep the three free cards for account age, which really cuts into my card count #. Luckily Chase doesn't seem to care too much for card age, just allocation.
You can get 2 Freedom cards?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You can get 2 Freedom cards?
I have 2 freedoms, but no clue if you can get two freedoms intentionally (if that makes sense). I had a freedom and Chase converted another card I had into a freedom (when they discontinued that type, forget what it was), so now I have two.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 9:31 am

Currently:

Ink Plus
Ink Bold
Sapphire Preferred (about to close soon)
Freedom

And planning to apply soon: (soon will pass 2 year + some buffer time window)
Marriott
United
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:46 pm

Currently:

CSP
Freedom
SW Personal
Hyatt
Ritz Carlton
Slate
Ink Bold
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:27 pm

I just lower my credit limit on current cards through secure messaging before I apply for new cards. I have never had to call to get approved. I currently have 4 personal and 2 business.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: IC Spire Amb, RC Plat, Shangri-La GC, and more.
Related I hope ... just how many Chase cards are there? Is there a list somewhere? I'm wondering about the cards not shown by "Browse All Credit Cards" at chase.com - I know of the Fairmont card, the regular (non-Premier) Marriott, and have also heard of the AARP and Quicken cards. Any others?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by FrenchLaundry
Related I hope ... just how many Chase cards are there? Is there a list somewhere? I'm wondering about the cards not shown by "Browse All Credit Cards" at chase.com - I know of the Fairmont card, the regular (non-Premier) Marriott, and have also heard of the AARP and Quicken cards. Any others?

Thanks!
There is also the Zappos card I think.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:23 pm

I'm only at three.

JPMorgan Select (for UR abilities)
Hyatt (for free nights)
Slate (for BT offer)

That Ink Plus is looking good for a mess of UR points that I could then xfer to Hyatt if I wanted.

CSP for the points bump would be nice too...
Old Feb 17, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by pcm2a
How long does it general take to be approved for a Southwest personal card? When I call the status line it says it is being reviewed and I will receive something in the mail within two weeks. Two weeks is tomorrow...
You've probably got the card or denial letter by now but for others:

The online status and telephone status showed pending forever on mine too. When I phoned I found it had been approved a week before and got it that day. Chase , at least on WN cards, is slow updating their status line.

Chase biz is like the Ebenezer Scrooge of cc approvals. Biz should just answer the phone "Bah, Humbug". Never been so insulted by a reconsideration line as when I tried to get a 2nd card in less than 60 days.

Last edited by tassojunior; Feb 17, 2015 at 6:44 pm
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by tassojunior
Chase biz is like the Ebenezer Scrooge of cc approvals. Biz should just answer the phone "Bah, Humbug". Never been so insulted by a reconsideration line as when I tried to get a 2nd card in less than 60 days.
Anyone know what the deal is for approval of a second biz card? Looking at taking advantage of the UA biz card with the 50K signup. Have had an Ink bold for about a year and half, and while I have a real business, I MS more on the Ink than my legit spend.

Should note that I currently have:
CSP
Ink Bold
Freedom
UA Explorer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.