Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Pre-2015 discussion can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1369343-how-many-chase-cards-do-you-can-you-have.html
Print Wikipost

How many Chase cards do you/can you have?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:44 pm

I had 2 Inks at one point, but closed one to open a different card.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
You can get 2 Freedom cards?
Read this about multiple Freedom cards. It helped me get another one! Converted a slate card to a freedom.

https://saverocity.com/chasingthepoi...rds-need-sign/
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:47 am

Current:
Freedom
Sapphire Preferred

Churned:
Airtran
United
Southwest.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:48 pm

Current
Freedom
Sapphire
IHG
BA
Southwest Business
Chase Ink
Just cancelled
United Explorer
Southwest Personal
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I'm up to six cards after I just got approved for a Sapphire. The new limit is exactly 20% of my stated income and the highest new limit I have seen in years. I already had:

Southwest (Sep-14)
Slate (Apr-14 - has balance from 0% BT)
IHG (Jan-14)
Disney (~2006 from heyday of AORs, get lots of offers for 0% w/ 2% BT fee so it has a small balance)
Ink Cash (~2000 - converted from the old Professional)

Overall my Chase combined credit lines are about 70% of my stated income.

I plan on going for a United card by mid April since I got a targeted 50K offer last week good until 4/15. I plan an Ink Bold sometime after that.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: Platinum SPG, Marriott Platinum, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum,
I have had several Chase cards for well over 15 years and agree with other posts about Chase loyalty to long-time customers:

Amtrak
BA---(nothing better than the buy one, get one ticket with $30,000 annual spend)
IHG--(maintains platinum status and one free night per year)
United Explorer---(may upgrade to the higher end card when my club membership expires in mid-2016)

I have the Ritz Carlton and Hyatt cards now for 2 years---really like the Ritz card for the club lounge upgrades, $300 travel reimbursement, and Priority Pass. I may cancel the Hyatt card unless platinum status benefits improve---used the two free nights during the first year at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong and have yet to use the one free anniversary night during the second year.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I just got off the phone with Chase. Applied for the Ritz card and she told me they were concerned with the number of cards I had (5, Ritz would have been #6) and my total CL of $110K. She seemed more concerned about the CL than the number of cards.

I had her cancel the Marriot card, X-fer that CL and part of the CSP CL to the Ritz, and there were no concerns. I opened the Marriot last November and already got the sign-on bonus for that one, + it overlaps with the Ritz card, so it was an easy fix for me.

My current Chase cards are:

Palladium
Freedom
CSP
United Club Card
Ritz

To be honest, I think I probably could have kept the Marriot open (for 6 total Chase cards), if I had pushed back a bit and still re-allocated my CL.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 8:20 am

Chase freedom
Amazon
Chase sapphire prefered
Chase Ink plus (buisness)
Chase Marriott

22K CL

Hopefully I can get ritz and hyatt from them in the future
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Almost the same as laybear:

Freedom
Amazon
Sapphire Prefered
IHG

26k CL

Hoping to get ritz and hyatt soon
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:22 pm

Biz:
Ink Bold
Personal:
Freedom
Sapphire
Sapphire Preferred
Ritz Carlton
Hyatt
IHG
Canceled:
United
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I have:

MileagePlus (was a conversion from an old Continental card, keep just for age of accounts since it doesn't have an AF)
MileagePlus Explorer (got in on the 50k bonus last year, probably will keep unless I get status this year)
SW Premier (going to cancel once I get my anniversary points. I don't fly SW much.)
Freedom (keep forever)

I want to get the Ink Plus for the 60k points. Need to drag myself down to the branch to see if they'll waive the AF.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:25 am

I have 4,newest one just got approved 01/21,planning on a Ritz as well
Current card:United xplorer, British airway, freedom, sapphire preferred.
My complaint: never ever received cli, no matter how heavily i used those cards. And 14 Inqs across 3 bureaus, for 4 cards and 2 cli increase, even those approval letter always said decision based solely on EX. Urg
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:25 am

I now have five Chase personal cards for a total $72k CL. I have never gotten any credit limit increases or canceled any of my cards. I have gotten instantly approved for each card and was just instantly approved for the CSP today.

Amazon.com opened in Oct. 2010 - $3k CL
Sapphire (was never Sapphire Preferred) opened in Apr. 2012 - $10k CL
Hyatt opened in Aug. 2014 - $25k CL
Freedom opened in Dec. 2014 - $12k CL
Sapphire Preferred opened today - $22k CL
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
I just got off the phone with Chase. Applied for the Ritz card and she told me they were concerned with the number of cards I had (5, Ritz would have been #6) and my total CL of $110K. She seemed more concerned about the CL than the number of cards.

I had her cancel the Marriot card, X-fer that CL and part of the CSP CL to the Ritz, and there were no concerns. I opened the Marriot last November and already got the sign-on bonus for that one, + it overlaps with the Ritz card, so it was an easy fix for me.

My current Chase cards are:

Palladium
Freedom
CSP
United Club Card
Ritz

To be honest, I think I probably could have kept the Marriot open (for 6 total Chase cards), if I had pushed back a bit and still re-allocated my CL.
You have a Palladium, and they were blowing you crap? Were you one of the ones that snuck in when it was open application or something?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:08 pm

Personal: Amtrak
Personal: IHG
Personal: Hyatt
Personal: Sapphire Preferred
Personal: Southwest
Business: Ink Plus

I was denied for a Southwest business card due to "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". Reconsideration line was a lost cause -- asking to move credit lines around didn't work.

Credit score 800+, legitimate spend, not a lot of churning/cancellations (I've had the first four cards for 3+ years). Looks like six cards is my limit for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.