Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
This thread is now archived. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1985871-chase-avios-earning-credit-cards-ba-air-lingus-iberia-up-100k-avios-more.html

Up to 100K Avios - 50K after $3K spend/3 mos. plus 50K after $20K spend in 12 months($95 AF)
  • https://creditcards.chase.com/travel-credit-cards/british-airways
New benefits (August 2019):

Now with up to $600 in statement credits for award taxes and fees PER CALENDAR YEAR. 3x$200 or 3x $100 depending on class booked. See the details for flight restrictions, etc, here:
https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/statement-credit

The calendar year restriction means that you can use it twice in the upcoming months, 3x on or before Dec 31 and 3x again after Jan 1 or a total of up to $1200.

10% back on flights booked at BA.com using the code CHASEBA10.
The details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/rewards-redemption/save-10percent

Avios can be combined or moved between Iberia and Air Lingus accounts.
Chase also offers sign up bonuses on Air LIngus and Iberia co-branded airline credit cards. (As of August 2019's offers both are tiered 100K Avios offers) This allows big spenders that are under 5/24 to get up to 300K in sign up bonuses, plus combine points to book at BA.com for flights and get the fuel surcharge refund and 10% off.
See the BA forum and this thread in the Chase forum for Avios earnings strategies: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1980400-anyone-else-racking-up-avios-points.html

Spending $30,000 will earn a Companion Fare "Travel Together" ticket.
Details are here: https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/british-airways/travel-together/travel-together

Downgrades: Chase offers a no fee BA card. It's not available for new applications but can be accessed via a downgrade from the standard, $95 a year card. When the annual fee comes due you can downgrade/ product change to the British Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee and thereby preserve your card number, credit line and Average Age of Account. It's unclear whether the fee free card will get the new perks (August 2019) of an award fee rebate. Perhaps someone with the fee free card can make a dummy booking and update us here at FT.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously? How long do I have to wait before reapplying? Should I call if my application is held for further review and not approved instantly?
A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward
Q. Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
A. Bonus points typically accrue at the close of the billing period in which you incur the corresponding charges. Points should appear in your hotel/airline account within a few days thereafter.

NOTE: If you complete your required spending in the last 7-10 days of the statement period, the bonus may not post until the following month's statement, even if the regular per-dollar points post on the first statement. This is normal behavior for Chase and is not worth a phone call.
Print Wikipost

Chase BA VISA: Up to 100K Avios - Now with rebate on award fees

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 4:14 pm

If I make a purchase of $8,000 and another transaction of little over $2000, I should get the bonus for 50k and 25k, right? Assume 5/24 rule does not apply in my case. Just wondering if I have to first $3000 and then another $7000 to get both bonuses?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by RJ5929
If I make a purchase of $8,000 and another transaction of little over $2000, I should get the bonus for 50k and 25k, right? Assume 5/24 rule does not apply in my case. Just wondering if I have to first $3000 and then another $7000 to get both bonuses?
This is tallied by your total spending in the allotted time. You can make charges any which way, as long as they total first $3000 for the 50K points, then an additional $7000 before the year is up. Most people do it in many transactions over the course of time.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
This is tallied by your total spending in the allotted time. You can make charges any which way, as long as they total first $3000 for the 50K points, then an additional $7000 before the year is up. Most people do it in many transactions over the course of time.
Thanks.

So if I do 10,000 in one transaction, it should meet the requirements of $3k and $7k, right.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by RJ5929
Thanks.

So if I do 10,000 in one transaction, it should meet the requirements of $3k and $7k, right.
Yes.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
Yes.
Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
How soon will I get the cc # or physical card once I'm approved? I have a large purchase coming up next week and would like to take advantage. TIA.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by adamak
How soon will I get the cc # or physical card once I'm approved? I have a large purchase coming up next week and would like to take advantage. TIA.
At least a week for the physical card, you might want to call Chase and see if they can overnight it, let them you know you have a large purchase and want to use the CC.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 6:01 pm

6000 bonus avios offer

I just received a postcard offering a (targeted) 6,000 Avios bonus if I spend $6,000 on my BA Chase Visa between April 15, 2018, and June 30, 2018.

Easy peasy.
Old May 2, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
Chase BA travel together redemption question

I have the Chase BA Signature card and earned a Travel together voucher (2 for 1 using Avios) in Dec 2016 that I redeemed in July 2017 for travel in May/June 2018 on BA. I also have the Chase Sapphire Reserve card so I don't use the Chase BA card much anymore. I was just accessed the $95 annual fee for the BA card on 5/1 and called Chase to see what they could do as I don't want to pay $95 for a card I don't use much, but I didn't want to cancel either. The Chase agent offered to move me to the Chase BA card with no annual fee that has lower Avios earning and I accepted. Then I got to thinking if that move would somehow negatively impact my upcoming trip on the travel together redemption so I called back and was told that it would not have any impact and there was nothing to worry about. That said I have been given incorrect info before so does anyone have experience with this question to set my mind at ease? Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Chase BA Avios signup bonus posting timeline

In the past, bonus sign-up British Airways Avios points earned from the Chase BA card did post to my account after my statement closed if I completed my minimum spend in that billing cycle. My statement closed, spending was met, regular spend Avios posted to my account but not the 50.000 signup bonus. BA chat confirmed I am eligible for the bonus. Did Chase change the timeline for posting signup bonuses for the British Airways card recently? Thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 6:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I....spending was met.....
If the threshold was crossed in, say, the last week of the billing cycle the bonus will post after the next statement.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by mia
If the threshold was crossed in, say, the last week of the billing cycle the bonus will post after the next statement.
thanks. it was indeed met in the last week of the cycle.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
thanks. it was indeed met in the last week of the cycle.
I met 10K threshold almost 2 weeks before statement close, but bonus didn't post. Apparently they had some issues going on with bonus & should post by next statement close now
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by milesjjcc
I met 10K threshold almost 2 weeks before statement close, but bonus didn't post. Apparently they had some issues going on with bonus & should post by next statement close now
A recent data point - I reached my $10K threshold early September, and my statement closed last week, and I checked about 2-3 days after my statement date and I got the 25K points (Sept 21 to be exact)...
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
I have not seen it mentioned but when the annual fee comes due you can product change to the "British
Airways rewards credit card with no annual fee". I sent a SM asking to convert to the freedom card and they said they couldn't but they could product change to that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.