Search

[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Have you looked back a page or two?
Old May 13, 2013, 9:23 pm

I applied for the CSP Visa in 2/11. Downgraded to CS Visa 4/12. Applied for CSP Mastercard and was approved last week, just got the card today.

Keep in mind I STILL have the CS Visa and use it regularly. Both cards are on the same Chase account online, and I had no issues. It was auto-approved and is my 6th Chase card.

Will update when I see the 40k bonus hit, but was confirmed by CS Rep.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by fralcole
I applied for the CSP Visa in 2/11. Downgraded to CS Visa 4/12. Applied for CSP Mastercard and was approved last week, just got the card today.

Keep in mind I STILL have the CS Visa and use it regularly. Both cards are on the same Chase account online, and I had no issues. It was auto-approved and is my 6th Chase card.

I think I'm going to do this after my upcoming trip to Europe and about the time my annual fee on the CSP Visa hits, just downgrade. Then next AOR do CSP MC get the free year. I'm assuming that I can re upgrade the CS Visa to a CSP Visa after one year free of CSP MC? I'd want to do that because in a year my CS(P) Visa will have three years of history.
Old May 14, 2013, 4:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by fralcole

Did you apply the CSP MC through the FTU link?
Old May 14, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by webazoid
I saw this: http://www.frequentflyeruniversity.c...n-ultimat.html

but I don't know if it's really for a MC.

Is this what people here are referring to as FTU? When I read the blog, it refers to itself as FFU. Just verifying if this is a typo, or if there is actually a different link that people are using for the Chase Sapphire Mastercard.

Thanks.
Old May 15, 2013, 9:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jeanie
Is this what people here are referring to as FTU? When I read the blog, it refers to itself as FFU. Just verifying if this is a typo, or if there is actually a different link that people are using for the Chase Sapphire Mastercard.

Thanks.
My bad, it's FFU..yes that's the link I'm referring to.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:40 am

Hey all,

I've been searching all over the mastercard website, and I can't find the Chase Sapphire Mastercard anymore. Also, all the links to it in various forum posts are all dead.

Does anyone know if this card is completely gone? Thanks!
Eric
Old May 17, 2013, 12:41 am

Also the FFU link posted above points to an application that doesn't say if it's mastercard or visa!
Old May 17, 2013, 1:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Engreeks1
Also the FFU link posted above points to an application that doesn't say if it's mastercard or visa!
But read the reports of those that have used the link. Have faith.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Food Lion MVP
I can confirm as of 10 days ago the Mastercard link does work. Received the card and activation csr confirmed the bonus. The only active link I could find anywhere, and the blogs do not advertise this one.
Old May 17, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by MYRflyer
I can confirm as of 10 days ago the Mastercard link does work. Received the card and activation csr confirmed the bonus. The only active link I could find anywhere, and the blogs do not advertise this one.
Thanks MYRflyer and Deant - this is helpful!
Eric
Old May 18, 2013, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by LivinginDFW
The FTU link is legit! I applied for the Sapphire MasterCard last week and had to call reconsideration to be approved. Nowhere on the application nor the approval email was there any mention that the card was in fact a MasterCard. I received the card yesterday and it is the World MasterCard Sapphire (same heavy feel as the Visa). I called to activate it and without me prompting the CSR mentioned the 40,000 UR points after 3K spend in 3 months. I closed my Visa Sapphire about 10 months ago. The FTU link was the only link I could find for the card.
So my first statement just closed with no bonus points! Spend was $3,900. No bonus points. Going to email Chase tomorrow.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:53 am

So my first statement just closed with no bonus points! Spend was $3,900. No bonus points. Going to email Chase tomorrow.
Just got an email response from Chase. Good news!

Thank you for contacting Chase about the bonus points.

The offer on your card is for 40,000 bonus points after
spending $3,000.00 in 93 days of the account open date.
Further, since you have met the spending criteria, the
bonus points will post to your rewards balance in 1-2
billing cycles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
Old May 19, 2013, 8:06 am

That's a bit odd. Usually, Chase posts the bonus on the statement month where you meet your spend. Would you mind sharing the date your last purchase was made that helped make your spend over the $3k threshold and your statement date? I wonder if this is just a case that you last transaction was too close to the statement date, and the threshold spend didn't make it into your first statement cut.

Sounds like a promising result from the CS message, though!

Just got an email response from Chase. Good news!

Thank you for contacting Chase about the bonus points.

The offer on your card is for 40,000 bonus points after
spending $3,000.00 in 93 days of the account open date.
Further, since you have met the spending criteria, the
bonus points will post to your rewards balance in 1-2
billing cycles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,
Old May 24, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I just applied for this through the FFU link and got instantly approved. When I get the card in the mail, I will post on whether it is a Mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.