Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

How have you redeemed Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: How have you redeemed Chase Ultimate Rewards points?
Transfer to British Airways Executive Club
14.10%
Transfer to Korean Air SKYPASS
1.92%
Transfer to Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
13.46%
Transfer to United Airlines MileagePlus
68.27%
Transfer to Amtrak Guest Rewards
5.13%
Transfer to Hyatt Gold Passport
31.09%
Transfer to IHG Priority Club Rewards
1.92%
Transfer to Marriott or Ritz-Carlton Rewards
3.85%
Redeemed points for airfare, lodging or car rental through ultimaterewards.com
16.67%
Redeemed points for giftcards or merchandise.
11.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

How have you redeemed Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2013, 1:20 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
My goal is 1,000,000 United miles. I really dont know when I can get there...
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Priority, SPG - AA, Hawaiian Airline, United, US Airline
when I look at the polls, more people redeem for United and Hyatt. I know United is a good option because it is airline. However, why Hyatt is in the second place? I think Southwest, British Airways, and Korean Air are valuable too because it is airline. One of these airlines should be in the second place. So why people transfer their points to Hyatt instead of those airlines?
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by happy9zz
when I look at the polls, more people redeem for United and Hyatt. I know United is a good option because it is airline. However, why Hyatt is in the second place? I think Southwest, British Airways, and Korean Air are valuable too because it is airline. One of these airlines should be in the second place. So why people transfer their points to Hyatt instead of those airlines?
I just used a bunch for Park Hyatt Maldives. Sure beats getting peanuts on SouthWest!
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Just yesterday moved 22K to Hyatt. Seems I'm always flush with airline miles so focus on padding my hotel accounts. When I get to my destination, I generally prefer not to be sleeping out under a tree, so Hyatt is my go to.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Redeemed points for sports experience; very enjoyable. Value ?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: United 1k
I just redeemed a couple of Marriott Travel Cards for upcoming trips...I use Chase Freedom so can't transfer to united, etc...
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I might do a Marriott redemption later this year. If a Ritz-Carlton is expensive enough and the UR points get you the 4th night with the 5th night free it might make sense. Buying Marriott points might make more sense depending on how short I am.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Anyone every buy travel via Ultimate Rewards? Do the tickets come out of a low fare class like if I bought them through a consolidator like priceline? Wondering if the tickets would be upgradable and earn miles.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by happy9zz
Becasue you can fly anywhere on an airline, but where you going to stay once you get there?

For example, I am staying at the Andaz Maui for 22K GoldPassport points a night. If I paid using FRN's it would be over $2500 for the stay. Trust me when I say I did not spend $2500 for the UR points to transfer over. Great ratio!
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by ellinj
Anyone every buy travel via Ultimate Rewards? Do the tickets come out of a low fare class like if I bought them through a consolidator like priceline? Wondering if the tickets would be upgradable and earn miles.
I have not bought through UR, but I have with my Chase Amazon Visa points. Tickets got booked in same fare class as the flights I found on ITA before calling them to book. While the agent on the phone said "non-upgradable" to me, united.com gives me upgrade options when I look at the itinerary.

I don't know for sure, I assume the UR bookings would work the same way.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I might do a Marriott redemption as it will get the 4th night (and 5th free) at a Ritz. That's about the only way it makes sense.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Transfered to Hyatt and stayed at PH Maldives. It was AWESOME!
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Just transferred to Hyatt and redeemed for the Park Hyatt Tokyo in November.

Last year I transferred to United and redeemed for a first-class award IAH-BKK and business SIN-IAH via DOH.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:09 pm

I think the real question is: are people transferring UR points to more than 1 partner? If not, why not just get a CC from that 1 partner?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by hub-captive
I think the real question is: are people transferring UR points to more than 1 partner? If not, why not just get a CC from that 1 partner?
Flexibility. Even if you never plan to transfer to more than one partner, why not leave the option open? The Chase Hyatt card earns 3 points/$1 at Hyatts but basically the same as the Sapphire Preferred otherwise. Why not get the option to transfer to somewhere else?

I don't know of any currently available United card that earns 2x for dining and non-United travel. The Sapphire Preferred is better than the United Explorer for earning United miles, if you don't care about the other benefits because of elite status or other reasons. (Edit: Of course, the case could be made that the United Club Card at 1.5x on all spend, or the 10k bonus for $25k spend on the Explorer would make them better. But for most people's spending patterns, the Sapphire is probably better than dedicated UA cards for earning UA miles.)

Last edited by penner42; Oct 5, 2013 at 11:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.